Dream Match never ends!
Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke
Goddess Athena (NGBC)

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Fri Jun 10, 2005 22:23

Directly from ATHENA, then she made a glorious return in SvC Chaos :3 It's goddess Athena, best SNK female ever!

But well, in NGBC she isn't a boss char anymore, so she was changed. We can actually see that in the pics from the official NGBC site (and in a small vid).

Stuff known until now:

-All her crazy stuff from SvC Chaos has been modified, toned down and etc.
-She seems to have a new move, where she transforms into a siren. Judging from a video I saw some time ago, I SUPPOSE it's some sort of anti-air.
-She doesn't transform anymore (unique exception: the siren morph). You can see her doing all the stuff she made in SvC Chaos, but always in her normal outfit (i.e. when she uses a bow and arrows, when she's falling and using the hammer, etc).
-I heard she had the lion summon as a DM :0

I'm very curious about how SNKP modify her gameplay... and of course, I'll choose her as soon as possible :D

Discuss.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:28

Athena was, once, one of the protectors of the Heaven, but in order to compensate an error, she was sent back to earth to repeat her training.

"Training only the body and the arts of battle is not enough, it's very probable that I need to do something here because my presence was required down here on earth"

"God said something like 'Do something for other people's benefit' but I don't understand... (what if I donate blood? Will it work?)".

This poor exiled daughter of heaven was trying to figure out the best way to accomplish her mission. Something related with this human world can be that evil WAREZ company, source of a lot of rumors, and it's said that they're organizing a big martial arts tournament.

"Yeah, that must be it! Oh, Athena, you're so intelligent"

Original translation by Nightlord.

beast00
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by beast00 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 17:26

Bump for Athena too.

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Thu Dec 29, 2005 01:01

Goddess Athena is crap. I guess nobody begs to differ seeing that NOTHING gameplay related is yet posted about her.

I tried her out and man..... SNK didn't throw in ANY gameplay at all for her!
I'm sorry...... this should belong in the rant thread but I try here to maybe find someone to defend her and tell us stuff about her :D

--Blast

L1r
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%
PSN:Pewas

Post by L1r » Thu Dec 29, 2005 05:29

... Alright.. let's give it a shot...
First off, I'm no gameplay expert so my information is not going to sound too technical or anything, might as well get used to it and have some patience.
So let us begin with her moves which I think are pretty decent, there's a little bit of everything here.
- qcf + P: Athena shoots an arrow, can be held, if held the arrow becomes flameable, decent projectile, though it takes a little bit to come out. Can be done in air too.
- dp + K: Typical anti-air, Athena turns into a mermaid and slaps the opponent some, B version does 2 hits, D version does only one but travels further.
- hcb + K: Psycho Reflector, covers Athena from head to toe, *could* be used as an anti-air. We all know how this move works besides that last bit.
- qcb + P: Athena jumps and then comes down holding a morningstar (that crazy thing composed of a stick with a big spiked iron ball at one of its ends) and hitting the opponent. Overhead. Decent IMHO.
- d,d + AC/BD/BC: Athena pours some water into the ground and a plant comes out of it after a few secs, depending on the buttons pressed the plant triggers one of these effects:
AC: Recovers Life
BD: Increase power gauge
BC: Plant explodes and takes anything close with her (including Athena)
- BD in air: Athena floats over the ground.. you can either make Athena dive with her sword and hit the opponent (press A) or dive and throw the opponent (press B). D cancels the hovering.
- qcbhcf + K: Her mermaid DM straight from SvC:Chaos. For those of you who haven't played that game, Athena turns into a mermaid and slaps her opponent silly.
- qcfx2+P/K > qcfqcfx2+P/K: Athena makes either a flame (P version) or a gust of wind (K version) materialize in front of her, fi the command is repeated Athena'll launch the flame/gust towards the opponent OR create a "powered up" gust (mix between the flame and the gust, you get the idea)
- qcfhcb + K: Athena's Exceed straight from SvC:Chaos, Athena rides a pegasus that tramples the opponent, can be blocked though IIRC.
I've been testing her a little and I didn't think she was THAT bad, an improvement from her SvC version, that's for sure. Overall I find her a fun character tochose occasionally, but not for serious playing (because, you know, there ARE plenty of other characters to choose from if you play to win :P)
Maybe I'll throw in some more info later, until then I hope this helps. Questions are welcomed.. I suppose...

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:22

Thank you L1r for the support.

I'm still convinced that nobody could hold his own with G.Athena for more than maybe 2 matches after which the opp. should know all of her moves.
I think she's got nothing abuseable. I'll have to find out about the priority of her specials at least.

--Blast

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:42

From the times I played her months ago I can remember 3 things standing out.

Jump away arrows with random charge times. Always done on the way down and pretty close to the ground. Half the game is spent getting that space though. If d,d+K (think thats the special jump notation) went higher this might be better.

Overhead qcb+A/Crossup qcb+C usually after the c.D slide... I think... Hardly intimidating though.

And stuffing things with s.D.

She is an incomplete character, nothing more.

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Jan 06, 2006 01:50

To make that crossup deadlier mix it up with jump Crossover C with Athena..mix that up with the Crossover Overhead attack..that makes it real tough on the opponent..