Hotaru Futaba (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
beast00
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by beast00 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 06:01

Ratix0 wrote:Another of her combo, acctually, her Crouch B, Crouch A, df+C, D, DM combo isn't _That_ damaging. Theres another similar combo that does a tiny bit lesser damage but doesn't cost a stock.

Crouch B, Crouch A, f+B, QCB+A.
What are you talking about? You can't QCB+A after a f+B.

And you must be drunk if you are saying a QCB+A only does a slightly less damage than a DM.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Nov 10, 2005 06:36

It is a combo no doubt. (although I dislike it cos I think only Hotaru scrubs use it.)

The DM combo does crap damage due to damage scaling.

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Jan 06, 2006 02:00

Heres a BETTER bnb combo for Hotaru

cr.b,cr.a,df+c,enter BT stance BT St.C,St,D, Break then fireball/qcfx2 super.

And after this in the corner you CAN link qcb+a. Also can link it out of the corner....last hit doesnt hit the opponent but they are still sent flying and you get all wakeup advantage. She has better options off the Break however...

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Sat Jan 21, 2006 23:04

Some questions:

1) Is there a way to do her df+C or f+B without going into stance? I'm positive that I've done these moves before and instantly cancelled the stance afterward without b,b. I'm just not sure how I did it. I know that f+B doesn't go into stance when you chain it, but that's not what I'm talking about. She goes into stance and immediately cancels.

2) What's the brake timing on her hcf+K command throw?

principal panda
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
XBL:BadoorSNK
PSN:BadoorSNK

Post by principal panda » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:38

about timing of AB breakers:
qcb+P/ press AB immediatly after u press the P button as early as possible

hcf+D/before the first hit, hotaru does 2 hits then jumps to the other side with the Ri En no Kamae stance(df+C stance) u can connect a D after it for a third hit but it knocks away the opponent, however if you were near a wall or
cornered to the wall u will land closer to the opponent so u can connect more attacks.

about the f.f+BD when in Ri En no Kamae:
its a crossup attack,if the attack crosses u can connect more combos
f.f+BD(cross), D, f+B, d,d+AC,(during En Un Juurokushu no Kamae stance) C, A ..50% damage no stock

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Wed Jun 07, 2006 04:30

Her f+B can be cancelled into her qcb+P if and only if the f+B itself was cancelled into, such as C, f+B, qcb+P. Likewise, her qcf,qcf+P can be linked to her f+B and will, due to the screen flash, hit all hits except the very first tick (in the A version, I believe... the C version connects fully, although I'm not too sure).

The breaking for her qcb+P is possible, but requires input fast enough so the very first hit doesn't connect, as breaking her qcb+P will NOT HIT, and will instead serve as a fakeout that ends in her back stance. Therefore, only try breaking by tapping the AB immediately after tapping the punch button in the sequence. Hardly worth trying, unless trying to fake out an opponent once in a blue moon.

Hotaru's bread and butter for me is actually quite simple. Jump D is an insanely good crossup, since the knee she pulls back when executing the move CAN hit. So just jump D, A, df+C, C, D, AB then:

a) you can wait until the opponent is just about to hit the floor and do df+C, C, D to knock him away. If you do it too soon, do df+C, D instead, as the second C might not hit. It DOES work, though. I'm proud of this one. :smile:
b) "insert sexual innuendo here" DM, qcf,qcf+K
c) If the opponent is in the corner, qcf,qcf+A as the opponent is a bit lower than the highest point of their fall (if done correctly, the combo does 22 hits, if not, still does 19-21, with about 50% damage). The C version does almost as much damage, but nowhere near the hit count. I like hits.
d) wait until the opponent is chest high or dash in and do qcb+A; it will hit every hit, except the last one (shame, too).
e) my personal favorite as of late, dash in and f,d,df+C for the FULL hits of her anti-air. This combo does a bit more damage than her qcf,qcf+K DM. I'm specially proud of this one... :smile:

Another good combo to mix it up with is jump D, A, df+C, A, d+D and if the opponent is cornered, add f+B (it won't hit anyone if not cornered). This is my personal favorite against cornered opponents, when I don't have enough power bars for her qcf,qcf+A DM or I just don't feel like spending them. :P

Also, I find it funny that you can cancel d+D into f+B even when not in the d+AC stance, yet the f+B will not hit if d+D hits.

Gojira, if you were doing this in practice mode or after beating one opponent, there's a reason the f+B or df+C don't go into their respective stances: when the current opponent's life is in zero, whether you're beating up on a dead person in Practice or playing Tag Mode or Versus, Hotaru will not hold any stances. She just won't. I suppose this was done to keep her from having an advantage with the stances before the next opponent entered. Doesn't make much difference, as she can get into any stance in less than a second (d+AC or df+C), but I guess that's fine.

BTW, I love Hotaru, she's easily one of my best characters. That's how I know all this random crap lol

Yashiro!!!
Is it a bot?

Post by Yashiro!!! » Mon Jul 17, 2006 23:14

Hello PPL!

Finally got registered, Hotaru has become my all time favorite, Gunny is working right now on my next combo exhibition for this game, I hope you like it :D

Regards

damienjakk

Post by damienjakk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 13:42

Quick question. Why is it that sometimes after a df+C Hotaru will go into her back turned stance for only a second and come out of it right away? It noticed it happens in practice mode after I'm doing combos involving it. I have to do a few normals or specials so she stays in the stance and doesn't switch back immediately. Is there some sort of limitation on it or restriction? I noticed it happens with her other stance as well. I've never had this problem in a match, so I'm guessing it has something to do with performing it repeatedly? If someone could clear this up I'd greatly appreciate it.