Finding out the other special d-assaults....

Dream Match never ends!
Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace
Finding out the other special d-assaults....

Post by Derrace » Thu Sep 15, 2005 13:58

just a suggestion: Since there is a decent number of us playing this game, I figured maybe we could try to find out the command moves/requirements, through trial and error, and through elimination.

Suppose we can "try and guess" which move is required to do the Special DAs, and then testing it out bit by bit with all the feasible commands. Sure, the number of combinations is huge. But if everyone contributes a little, then we all don't have to try out those moves that have been tested and failed... How does that sound?

As most of you have realised, each "team" are chars in their mirrored positions. Kyo(Left) - Iori (Right), Hanzo (Left) - Fuuma (Right), Mr Karate - Robert, etc.

It seems that the requirement for this SDA is a command move which could be combo-ed, and must connect/hit the opponent. Yah, fuuma's has additional conditions, but I am speaking in general.

Another thing i noticed is, it seems that the chars on the left perform their SDA commands ending with A + E, and those on the right with C + E.

SDA commands seen so far includes: qcf X 2, qcb x 2, hcf x 2, hcb x 2, Fwd-hcf , qcb-hcf, qcf-hcb, Down*2.

so far there arent any charging ones, Fwd-Bk-Fwd, hcb-Fwd, 360, Mary's SDM(in KoF 2k2), K9999's 2 DMs (2k2).

Now for the guessing/trying bits. Hopefully this gets somewhere. :)

Lee Pai Long and Tung Fu Rue
Lee: possibly triggered by the fwd,bk,fwd punch move or DM
Tung: possibly triggered by tapping punch.

K' and Shermie
K': prob a DM.
Shermie: prob qcb punch or a DM.

Geese, Mr Big
Mr Big: prob qcf Kick
Geese: up for suggestions

Mai and Kim
Mai: prob qcf X 2 punch DM or air qcb X 2 punch Dm

Jin Chonrei and Jin Chonshu
Chonshu: prob C,C,C f,b, C or qcf b/d
Chonrei: prob db,b,f A/C

Nakoruru and Mudman
Nakoruru: up for suggestions
Mudman: up for suggestions

Marco and Cyber Woo
Marco: up for suggestions
Cyber Woo: up for suggestions

Akari Ichijo and Washizuka
Akari: up for suggestions
Washizuka: up for suggestions

Hotaru Futaba and Kisarah
Hotaru: up for suggestions
Kisarah: up for suggestions

Asura and Shiki
Asura: up for suggestions
Shiki: prob grab move that changes opponents direction

These (confirmed ones) have been pasted from the sticky for easy reference.

Kyo and Iori.

Kyo: After connecting a Qcf C, qcf C, Qcf A, Qcf K, Hcb C. Perform Qcb, Hcf AE.
Iori: After connecting a Eight Wine cups. Perform Qcf*2 CE.

Kaede and Moriya.

Kaede: SC off a qcb punch on the second hit to Down*2 AE.
Moriya: After connecting a Rdp A/B/C and performing Fwd, HcF CE.

Hanzo and Fuma.

Hanzo: After a qcb C/D. Do Qcb*2 AE.
Fuma: After a Hcb A/C and when near, Qcf*2 CE.

Genjyuro and Haohmaru.

Genjyuro: After a connected ABC move, qcb, hcf CE.
Haohmaru: After his ABC move, qcf*2 AE.

Ryo, oops Mr Karate and Robert.

Ryo: After a Qcf*2 punch, Hcf*2 AE.
Robert: After a Qcb*4 kick, Hcb*2 CE.

Terry and Rock

Terry: Unknown at the moment.
Rock: After a successful qcb+ D, hcb,hcb+ CE

Yuki and Ai.

Yuki: Do down*2 A, B and Start. Qcf, hcb AE.
Ai: ABC move, follow up with ABC. Lightning ball on screen, qcb*2 CE.[/quote]

Feel free to make any suggestions/comments.

frionel

Post by frionel » Thu Sep 15, 2005 23:26

I think that the special D assaults are more related with the special endings than the character select screen so :

Shermie/Big

K'/Kyo

Rock/Geese

Mizuchi/Shermie?

King Lion/?

Neo Dio/?

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Fri Sep 16, 2005 00:36

Derrick, even though it is a good idea, you have structured it wrong in concept.

What you should be doing instead of throwing up possible ideas, is tell us what you have tried and has not worked with each character. Ill give an example:

I have tried all the motions qcf X 2, qcb x 2, hcf x 2, hcb x 2, qcb-hcf, qcf-hcb, Down*2 with AE and CE with these moves and have gotten nowhere.

Shermie/Mr.big - (shermie) The only move i havent tried doing those motions after is the dp + a, hcb +p, p (i have a feeling this is the move)

mudman/cyber-woo - (mudman) this should have been easy considering mudman doesnt have that many techniques. But Ive tried all moves (including the air floating thingy) except the supers. So im wondering if his d-assault motion is totally different or uses BE or DE?

Chonshu/Chonrei - (chonshu) All moves except teleport , air hcb D and supers.

Tung Fu/Lee - (tung) - All exept the EX versions and qcb + B

Terry/Rock - (terry) terry was the most frustrating for me, cos I tried the most with him. All moves and even supers, including the power dunk brake. So im wondering if as before, a totally different movement or done with BE or DE?

Does it help?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Fri Sep 16, 2005 04:26

Geese wrote:Derrick, even though it is a good idea, you have structured it wrong in concept.

What you should be doing instead of throwing up possible ideas, is tell us what you have tried and has not worked with each character. Ill give an example:

I have tried all the motions qcf X 2, qcb x 2, hcf x 2, hcb x 2, qcb-hcf, qcf-hcb, Down*2 with AE and CE with these moves and have gotten nowhere.

Shermie/Mr.big - (shermie) The only move i havent tried doing those motions after is the dp + a, hcb +p, p (i have a feeling this is the move)

mudman/cyber-woo - (mudman) this should have been easy considering mudman doesnt have that many techniques. But Ive tried all moves (including the air floating thingy) except the supers. So im wondering if his d-assault motion is totally different or uses BE or DE?

Chonshu/Chonrei - (chonshu) All moves except teleport , air hcb D and supers.

Tung Fu/Lee - (tung) - All exept the EX versions and qcb + B

Terry/Rock - (terry) terry was the most frustrating for me, cos I tried the most with him. All moves and even supers, including the power dunk brake. So im wondering if as before, a totally different movement or done with BE or DE?

Does it help?
hey, thanks for the input.

I think you didnt see this line But if everyone contributes a little, then we all don't have to try out those moves that have been tested and failed... How does that sound?

it's just that after typing out that lenghty post, I was too tired to continue.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Sep 16, 2005 06:39

I was not informed that everyone has a secret D.A. in this game...

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Fri Sep 16, 2005 09:38

Its hypothesised that characters with special team endings, will have a special D.A

its just a theory, so in fact not everybody could have a special DA

But considering the special DAs seen so far are really just a glorified version of their normal supers or techniques, I dont really see why everybody cant have a special DA

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Fri Sep 16, 2005 19:13

those portraits posted in the other thread with Kaede in modern clothes are shown when u defeat Goodman with a special team. U see a broken coliseum similar to the last stage in Kof 96. Some text (not sure if it's team dependant), and that portrait. Managed to cheese Goodman off with Haomaru's slash Attack.

anyway, I don't see why there cant be special DAs for each pair of chars. I don't think SNK would purposely place chars in mirrored positions if they arent for the sake of teams. Have a look at the selection screen. each "pair/team" does make sense.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat Sep 17, 2005 00:43

well for certain characters it does make sense, but what do mudman and nakoruru have in common, athena and mars people even???

it's more likely that the special tags are based on the special endings....but even then it's not known if everyone has one

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Sep 17, 2005 04:53

Hmmm... Nakoruru and Mudman are Greenpeace activists? :P
Mars People and Athena are both from "above?"

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Sat Sep 17, 2005 06:57

the arcade is too crowded for me to try out the D assaults for myself.....

can someone describe specifically what moriya's fuuma's and robert's D assault do. i keep getting beat down by the comp or challenger when i attempt D assaults with only those people

:x

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sun Sep 18, 2005 07:04

Frederick wrote:the arcade is too crowded for me to try out the D assaults for myself.....

can someone describe specifically what moriya's fuuma's and robert's D assault do. i keep getting beat down by the comp or challenger when i attempt D assaults with only those people

:x
for fuuma, both hanzo and him comes out and starts throwing their fireballs like frenzied madman, one of them in the air, the other from the ground. it then ends with a big explosion.

not sure if robert, moriya does the same stuff like their counterparts, but when triggered by Mr Karate and Kaede:

Mr Karate and Robert does their lightning punch/kick respectively (f,b,f punch/kick) and ends with haoshoshuken. (f,hcf punch) With a dragon and tiger (i think) annimation when they do their big fireball.

Moriya would teleport slice across the opponent and do his qcf punch slashes and uppercut slash and kaede ending with his qcf x 2 punch.

I havent tried Roberts's, and cant remember if Moriya does a different one than Kaede. but hopefuly, someone can fill you in.

hth,

ric

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:53

Thnx for the info Derrick

i've heard from a friend that hanzou does his new fireball superwhile fuuma's jump in the air and throws a knives down.....is the explosion caused by fuuma crashing down on the victim with flames around him? i pictured it to be his World heroes perfect sdm

Robo-Ky
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Robo-Ky » Fri Sep 23, 2005 08:49

Maybe taunt triggers some of the hidden specials?

Plus some of the special teamup moves seem like they're opposite each other in terms of directions?

I have an entire weekend to try out Terry...