Ai (NGBC)

Dream Match never ends!
BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII
Ai (NGBC)

Post by BP » Sat Jun 11, 2005 08:41

The other new character preimering in NGBC. This thread is to talk all gameplay related stuff to her.

According to the moves shown in her video at the official site, she seems to be a character centering on reflecting projectiles and using mindgames with her teleports, Joy Joy Balloon move + followups and her tetris-like attacks (I don't know which NG game did that come from, though). Still, she does seem like she'd work with expert players.

The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Re: Ai (NGBC)

Post by The Green Herring » Sat Jun 11, 2005 17:24

BP wrote:...and her tetris-like attacks (I don't know which NG game did that come from, though).
The Tetris attack's inspiration comes from Joy Joy Kid (known as Puzzled outside of Japan,) a Tetris clone SNK created in 1990, which is also the source of the "Joy Joy" in her move names.

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:44

That teleport in the vid looks confusing (though I only got to watch it once) and worrying, would someone explain to me what actually happens/ed when the move is executed.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Mon Jun 13, 2005 20:23

My suppostion is, she MAY have 2 versions of that move:

-When she DOES teleport.
-When she doesn't.

You know... mind-games :0

I'm interested in that weird DM, when she summons a weird metal ball that shoots electricity.

Monpochi
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:Credens Justitiam

Post by Monpochi » Tue Jun 14, 2005 04:42

i think that metal ball thing is like those automatic pitching machines... @_@""

Anti-K'
MOAR
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Fri Jun 24, 2005 20:38

Well. She's got some pretty.... unique moves. And that Balloon thing is kind of like Nakoruru's move with Mamaha. I guess I'll try her out.

Iori E
Almost there! ...80%
Almost there! ...80%
A.K.A.:Yayifications!
Currently Playing:Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Post by Iori E » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:25

I've tested out Ai in the arcade, and I'm willing to share some information about her.
The new guys need love, ya know. :x

Throws

Top Hunting Through (I think that's what it's called...)
b/n/f+ CD when up close
Basic throw. Ai grabs you and throws you over her head.

Command Moves

Robo-Arm
df+ A
Ai's arm turns into a metal robotic gauntlet as she sticks it out. I'm not sure of the properties of this move, but it sure is annoying when I try to do a combo and this comes out instead.

Senpuu Ken
f+ C or b+ C
Ai spins around in a mini-whirlwind, with both arms outstretched. This move does up to 2 hits and appears to be a knockdown move. Whether AI moves forward or backward depends on which direction the joystick was held in.

Hyper Tackle
db+ D or df+ D (or this move may simply be crouching D in general)
Every time I press D while holding any downward direction, this comes out. A weird move in which Ai sprints forward a very short distance and runs into the opponent. It does seem to have good priority, but I would've preferred a proper sweep instead.

Special Moves

Joy Joy Block
qcf+ A/C/AC
Ai summons a random Tetris piece (!!!) at the top of the screen. Hold down after performing this move to make the Tetris piece fall down quickly. Otherwise, the Tetris piece will drop slowly like in the actual Tetris, one "block" at a time. The Tetris piece disappears when the opponent is hit by it, an enemy projectile hits it, when Ai gets hit, or when the piece reaches the ground, whichever comes first. qcf+ A makes the Tetris piece appear close to Ai, qcf+ C is mid-screen, and qcf+ AC is almost a full screen away. It seems like this move is an overhead (at least when it falls down quickly), but I'm not sure about that.

Baseball Stars
qcb+ A
Ai takes out a baseball bat and swings it. This move reflects projectiles, which turn into fast-moving baseballs after Ai swings the bat at them. I didn't get the chance to actually hit the opponent with this move, however.

Baseball Stars - Professional
qcb+ C
Ai takes out a baseball bat and swings it. I didn't get the chance to see what this move does to projectiles. It does seem to be slower than qcb+ A. However, I got lucky and actually hit the opponent with this move. It seems to do up to 2 hits.

Baseball Stars 2
qcb+ AC
Ai summons a Tetris piece, which falls down onto the ground next to her. (It's like you performed qcf+ A and held down on the joystick.) However, instead of disappearing, the Tetris piece remains at her feet. She takes out her baseball bat and swings it at the Tetris piece, making the piece fly forward at an arc. The Tetris piece can hit the opponent on both the first part of the move (as it's falling) and the second part of the move (as it's flying forward).

Joy Joy Balloon
ABC (can also be done in mid-air)
Ai hops on a miniature hot-air balloon and flies on it. Ai can travel in any direction while on the balloon. This is like the Flight Mode found in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, except that it doesn't last forever, she has a different set of moves, and she travels very slowly.

Joy Joy Treasure
during Joy Joy Balloon, A/C
Ai throws one of various random objects, which falls to the floor. The C button throws the object farther than the A button.

Joy Joy Kick
during Joy Joy Balloon, B
Ai kicks with her legs sticking out. This move is actually kinda useful, despite looking very weak.

Joy Joy Block
during Joy Joy Balloon, qcf+ A/C
Ai summons a Tetris piece in front of her, which remains stationary in mid-air. She will jump off the ballon and fall toward the ground immediately after performing this move. The A button summons a Tetris piece a little higher relative to Ai's position than the C button.

Lightning Ball
during Joy Joy Balloon, ABC
A large sphere of electricity surrounds Ai. This may be good for keeping the opponent away, since Ai can't block during Joy Joy Balloon. However, the opponent must be fairly close to Ai to be hit by this move.

Joy Joy Balloon Kaijo (Cancel)
during Joy Joy Balloon, D
Ai jumps off the balloon and falls toward the ground, effectively cancelling Joy Joy Balloon. She can perform two special moves while falling.

Honoo no Koma
while falling during Joy Joy Balloon Kaijo, A/C
Ai creates flames as she falls toward the ground. This seems to be a knockdown attack. The opponent will catch fire when hit with this move.

Getsumen Chuugaeri (Moonsault)
while falling during Joy Joy Balloon Kaijo, B/D
Ai attacks while falling toward the ground. This does not seem to knock the opponent down, so it might be a potential combo opener.

Bunshin Ken
qcf+ B/D
Ai (or a fake double of Ai) streaks forward, and after reaching the wall, glides back a short distance before stopping. qcf+ D is basically Ai's teleport move. She can be hit out of it, however. qcf+ B sends out a fake double of Ai that cannot be hit; only the real Ai, who stays behind (and recovers quickly from the move, I might add), can get hit. These two versions can be used together to play mind games on the opponent.

2020 Super Catch
hcb+ B/D
Ai can catch projectiles with this move, and add the energy to her Super Meter. hcb+ B makes Ai hold out her hand, covered in a metal robotic glove, to catch high- and mid-level projectiles. hcb+ D makes Ai summon a robot-looking thing on the ground next to her feet, to catch low- and mid-level projectiles. I don't know if this move can actually hit the opponent.

Super Moves

Joy Joy Party
qcf,qcf+ A/C
A bunch of Tetris pieces appear at the top of the screen and fall down at varying speeds, covering half the screen in area. Good for keepaway, pressure, or juggling a mid-air opponent in certain instances. This move consumes 1 Super Bar.

Last Resort
hcb,hcb+ A/C
Ai summons a hovering little robotic weapon that follows her around and randomly shoots tiny projectiles at various angles (think Zero's C-version Support Cyber Elf helper from SvC Chaos). The robotic weapon disppears when Ai gets hit, after a certain amount of time has passed, or when "Tamero Power! Tobase Unit!" is performed, whichever comes first. This move consumes 1 Super Bar.

Tamero Power! Tobase Unit!
during Last Resort, qcb+ A/C (can also be done in mid-air)
The robotic weapon turns into a fireball projectile that shoots forward, effectively ending Last Resort. This move should count more as a special move than a super, since it does not consume Super Bars, and the screen does not turn black or momentarily freeze to indicate that a super has been performed.

Combos

Ai doesn't have very many combos. Here's one I used:
crouching B, crouching A, Hyper Tackle, D-Assault
Nice and quick, and useful if you want to get rid of your opponent's red life. You can stop at Hyper Tackle if you're not going to use a D-Assault. If you're going to hold df for both B and A, just remember to press the A button once, or else you'll end up doing her Robo-Arm.

Secret D-Assault
ASO2 Last Guardian

There are 3 conditions to performing the Secret D-Assault:
1.) Yuki must be your second character.
2.) D-Assault must be enabled.
3.) You must perform the Lightning Ball before you attempt the D-Assault. The Lightning Ball does not need to connect. However, I'm not sure if you need to avoid getting hit after performing Lightning Ball. I'm also not sure if you only have a limited time to do the Secret D-Assault after performing Lightning Ball. If this is the case, you may have to perform Lightning Ball again.

Once you've met the conditions: qcb,qcb+ CE

Ai takse out a large gun and shoots it. If the opponent happens to get hit, the screen will turn black and a spaceship will appear on the top of the screen to electrify the opponent.
This move can hit an opponent from a full screen away. But keep in mind that Ai can be hit out of this move (for example, from a projectile), even if the opponent gets hit.

soujiro
Charging...76%
Charging...76%
A.K.A.:(EX)Hentai Bukkake Master =D
Currently Playing:Blazblue:CS (PS3) & SSF4 (XBOX360)
XBL:TCH soujiro
PSN:JUNHUA

Post by soujiro » Sat Sep 10, 2005 06:42

Well....Ai is really a hard character to learn and use .But she's GOOD,yes GOOD against challengers.

Joy Joy Block, teleport (here's the mind game) ,poke ,block....

Combos:

Crouch B , crouch A ,df+D , QCFx2+C.
Jump C , stand C , QCB+A.