Dream Match never ends!
Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much
A.K.A.:BROsuke
Currently Playing:A lot of things
PSN:KagaminKyousuke
Hanzo [NGBC]

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Fri Jun 10, 2005 20:46

Teh beloved ninja from World Heroes is back, and better than before! One of the 2 characters (along with Fuuma) that surprised all of us :0

Stuff known until now:

-Rekkozan (projectile).
-Double Rekkozan.
-Kohryuhah (anti-air).
-Ninpo Korin Kazan (huh... tatsumaki-like move :P).
-Ninja Leg Lariat (old classic version and new version that makes 3 hits, like Kyo 94's 421K).
-Ninja Teleport (with more variants than in WH2J).
-Classic throw move.
-WHP HERO move (I forgot the name, it's when he hits you a lot of times with |337 ninja skills, while the screen turns black).
-Improved version of his double Rekkozan.

Discuss :)

denieru
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Sempai
XBL:D3NIERU
PSN:DenSempai

Post by denieru » Fri Jul 01, 2005 02:08

never played PERFECT... how different are his movelist from what we've seen so far?

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Fri Jul 01, 2005 02:19

Hanzo is not very different in WHP, compared to his WH2J incarnation (never seen if he had his teleport in WHP, though :0 ). Only difference is the double Rekkozan (he doesn't throw a lot of them in a row, but 2 separate ninja stars, one after another), the new HERO move (the "leet" ninja moves) and a charged up Koh-ryu-hah (he doesn't seem to have it in NGBC, but he received improved double Rekkozan instead).

NGBC's Hanzo is very similar to old WHP one, but more versatile. As you may have noticed, Ninja Leg Lariat has a new variaton (like Kyo94's 421D move) and one of his teleports is an overhead attack.

BP
hunted by pedo police
A.K.A.:Leader of the Yoruzuya Dan
Currently Playing:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, KoF XIII

Post by BP » Sat Jul 02, 2005 08:44

Wasn't he able to do that diving slash after his teleport in WHP (Yep, he still has it there) too? I believe it's an aerial command move.

I wonder if he can still do his WHP super on the ground, though. So far, the videos seem to indicate it's done on the air only for now.

Can combo his koryuha from his double rekkozan now, which is pretty neat.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sat Jul 02, 2005 19:22

HM... I remember Hanzo had a 2FK move, when you were jumping. Probably they adapted that move, to use it in the teleport, but I'm not sure.

And Hanzo's HERO Move now can be executed anywhere in the screen, while jumping. In WHP, he had to be near the corner of the screen D:

And yeah, that combo was cool. I wonder if he still has his old WH chain combos.

Kyosuke Kagami
Posts too much

Story

Post by Kyosuke Kagami » Sun Jul 10, 2005 07:06

In the Iga mountains, we can find the lonely figure of a ninja, training all day and night. The japanese pride is burning in his chest. It's the leader of the Iga Ninja clan, Hattori Hanzo.

"Fuuma and Mudman?! Seriously?"

According to the reports, the Battle Coliseum (it was written in hiragana originally) was near the castle, a place full of man-to-man fights.

"What? That man, too?"

Not believing the reports, Hanzo takes the lead. Boss of the Iga forces and lonely warrior, he inmediately decides to participate in the Battle Coliseum.

"From now on, I will make my fists sound like a resounance!"

Original translation by Nightlord.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Sep 01, 2005 13:43

From Empyrian:

Hanzo and Fuma's special d-assault

Hanzo: After a qcb C/D. Do Qcb*2 AE.
Fuma: After a Hcb A/C and when near, Qcf*2 CE.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Sep 02, 2005 19:13

To me, Hanzo is without doubt, the 'old school Ryu' of the game. A large part of his game revolves around playing footsies with his d.B, stand B, fireball, d.bXXFireball and Uppercut; meanwhile trying to get in the d.B> Fireball super. Teleport, Leg Lariat and Windmill Hurricane give him a lot of mobility, but the bread and butter of his gameplay are his footsies.

- Fireball comes out fast enough to be comboed off a down B, and has decent recovery. No idea if it's safe if the opponent blocks and GCFS, but in general you want to be throwing this fireball from just outside the opponent's poke range. Because of its speed, it makes a fantastic poke.
- Good priority on uppercut. Good forward movement, good for beating pokes. But, it loses/trades with crouching shorts on wake up.
- d.B> fireball super is good, just as the vids show. Its like K's Heaven's Drive combo except off a d.B- meaning its longer ranged, hits low and has less exposure (down B's tend to make a character crouch 'lower').
- Stand B good poke, but certain characters (e.g., Iori) can duck it).
- Hurricane Kick, like in World Heroes has different trajectories, depending on button used. D button makes him jump back, arch down, then end back up. If it hits too early, the opponent will be able to recover before Hanzo lands and can punish him. Use with caution.
- Special Tag Attack with Fuuma has him slashing forward with his knife. If he connects, he throws a shit load of Shurikens, at the same time, Fuuma jumps into the air behind the opponent and rains him with fiery Kunai (people who've played WHP will have seen this before). Looks badass. Damage isn't anything special tho.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Sep 08, 2005 15:29

Finally figured out his teleports.

A version puts him back at the same spot. B version puts him in the air in front of the opponent. C version puts him behind the opponent. D version puts him in the air behind of the opponent.

This only works if you did the teleport right infront of the opponent. If you do them to far, the C and D versions will not teleport you behind, but in front, or even some distance infront of the opponent.

Btw, you can buffer the teleports of his cancellable normals like d.B and close C.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Fri Sep 09, 2005 02:06

The C version can be done in the air and he will appear in the air as well and IMO the most useful. I like to do down , up C, but hold the up just a bit longer before pressing C, so when he appears, he will be at the opponents head level and it will crossover making it very very hard to block.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Sep 09, 2005 19:08

In general, you wanna use his A uppercut againstground attacks and pokes and C uppercut against jumps. That's how the priority on his uppercuts seem to be geared.

A Uppercut trades with a lot of of air attacks.