Jazu/Jyazu

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%
Jazu/Jyazu

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Feb 15, 2006 13:22

What, no posts yet for the JAGA Assassin? Sure he clearly belongs in a different game but he is interesting enough to warrant discussion.

The half giant glowing crow/half bazooka-wielding predator not only has moves that make him a cross between Samurai Showdown's Earthquake and NGBC's Marco, but he even plays like some sort of hybrid between them too.

Moves:
His normals in general are not that great, but have long range. Some highlights are:
c.C, s.C(close and far) are all cancelable.
standing lights have good recovery
c.D is a super slide, he gets some serious distance with this.
His CDs have great range (his claws extend)
If it's not a D, he can basically cancel into a special move and it'll hit.

f+C looks identical to his E but links after all sorts of stuff
df+C is a low kick followed by a sliding low claw. This can not be cancelled out of.

dp+A/B/C fires 3 bullets, straight(A), at an angle(B) and straight up(C), Not bad and can be used as chip, in combos etc. I was hoping that certain QSs would be able to set up the dp+C well in corner. No luck though.

qcf+A. It's either a high counter or a grab with a hit box not right next to Jazu (think Anakaris.) I'm personally leaning towards the first option though. On landing he does a generic ninja smokebomb disappearing act before dropping on the opponent's head and setting them on fire (Ai's JoyJoy Balloon C dismount I think)

qcf+C. Projectile #4. Big double claw slash that shoots off a single purple fireball. Huge hitbox on the claw slash, combos like most of this guys stuff. Personally I think this is better that the peeshooter.

du+P (no charge needed). #5 Summons an icicle to drop on opponents head. This tracks a bit better than it should and hits in all sorts of situations due to its bigger than it looks hitbox.

hcb+k. Projectile #6 is ground based. Little orange thing (TM) travels along the ground, on hitting it send opponent up in a hurricane (Haohmaru like) This opens up the chance for more hits, but doesn't seem to combo off anything.

qcb+P. His homage to Earthquake. Flaming buzzsaw attack activate! Like earthquake the hitbox on this thing is huge, it chips like a mofo and some characters have a terrible time trying to punish it. But unlike earthquake, startup time is close to 0. Also his only supercancel. If hit/blocked he will spin to the top of the screen before jumping a ways back to safety.

b+C when jumping and against edge of screen. Downwards buzzsaw. Not much testing on this. Chips like Kensou's air qcb+P, doubt it is as good though.

rdp+k: The Worlds Fastest Anti Air. Trys to imitate Vega's (Claw) KKK flipkick and succeeds. Has stupid speed and range, not sold on it's priority though. If it does have priority then it'll blow through all but the best hop games.

Supers:
hcb,f p/k: Both combo from a variety of situations but are basically the same thing. The punches can do a lot more damage (with right distancing this is probably the most damaging DM in the game), but the kicks don't seem to push back as bad when being blocked or juggling in the air. Both have a good amount of distance to them, but chip damage is less than you'd expect. Jennet's Many-Many Torpedos is similar but in my mind superior.

That Damn LDM:
hcb,f+e: slams claws to ground and flame pillars grow outwards on both sides (3 times) You cry when getting hit by two and curse loudly at the game when hit by 3. Good Dream cancel from early in the kick DM (to land all 3 hits here.) He isn't invulnerable or anything, but you will usually take the first pillar if you succeed in knocking him out of the LDM (which will stop once he is hit.)

Mix-in-Match Combos (he is nearly dial-a-combo):
Jumpin, s.A, s.B, f+C, qcb+A/C, hcb,f+K, hcb+f+E (a good 80-90%)
C, f+C, qcf+C
c.C, dp+A
c.C, df+C
hcb+k, d,u+A
hcb+k, rdp+k
hcb+k, hcb,f+K
hcb+k, hcb+f+E (you get the idea, can probably fire bullets here too)
c.A, s.B, f+C, hcb,f+P

and probably a millions more things...

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:39

stand E has ridiculous recovery. That move alone is his ground pressure. Jump E has ridiculous range. Have him jump with his back to the wall: You'll see that his range is literally 40-50% of the screen. *goes wtf*

yep, he's heaps brainless...spam your E button until you get a jump in, then do a, b, fwd c, roll XX hcb,f a/b/c/d

and if im not mistaken, his name is actually jazu. i think snkp might have done the whole "genjyuro" thing to him too =/

btw slappa, im guessing that we've got him back home now?

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Feb 16, 2006 16:32

Hcb, Fwd P has upper body invulnerability while the Kick version has lower body invulnerability. The super is immune to AB rolling and recovery is pretty good.

In addition, when within range, all versions of his A > B > C > D (or to any of his special moves) work. It works even if you start from B. You can combo from A to C too.

The best sub-boss, followed by leader Adel.

Now, I just hate his low defense and stun meter.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Feb 17, 2006 02:36

Availiable in the City, Sunnybank still hasn't got Gai unlocked yet (strange considering they both got the cart the same day.)

Not sure on upperbody invuln on the hundred hand slap, I have been kicked in the head a few times well after startup.

Appears the qcb+P can be used as an random crossup on wake up or after a s.E hits. It also does silly chip damage on large chars in the corner (10-15%)

close hcb+K, dp+C, rdp+k works. Looks like hcb+K, dp+B, dp+A will hit from the right distance.

j.E is somewhere around 1/3 of the screen in range. Less than Griffon's j.E.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Mar 12, 2006 06:43

Man, I utterly hated him in Kizuna, and looks like Cheap Cheap hasn't changed all that much. His standing E is simply ridiculous. Thankfully his tap P/K moves have turned to DMs, and while his LDM hurts, it's quite slow and only really usable from Dream Cancels.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Jan 04, 2007 07:38

Best drag him from the bottom of the forum list.

I know the game plan is generally E, E and more E. I don't use it that much with him as he does have other options. In general I find B's a more than acceptable replacement, esp in the air. Super jump B's are suprisingly good, forward and back, just stick them out early and see what happens. Early s-jump b's work as anti-air, as a crossup, a good way to get to the corners or an annoying tick. Stand B is suprisingly fast, has range, forward momentum and chains to f+C which will combo to anything which is generally a lot better than an E knockdown.

E does have it's general use as the fast counter and the pressure game on block. Against certain people I use it a lot as a wakeup-meaty cancelled into dp+A. If someone rolls through the E (guard cancel or otherwise in an attempt to be offensive against it) Jazu will turn around if needed before firing the popgun. For people who like to go backwards instead it's E into du+P.

rdp+K is generally ass. It is alright against taller characters as a faster, longer range counter than E. But stick to using it against grounded folk, or as a final hit in a longer combo since it doesn't seem to scale that bad (about equal to landing 4-5hits of buzzsaw after a long combo).

That leaves you in a sticky situation for anti-air. You can try to win clean with buzzsaw (but characters tend to bounce out of it and can punish). Bullets work okay, esp when you have the opportunity to run under someone, since Jazu can do that really well. HHS is also a good choice.

Corner lockdown with the air buzzsaw is good as well, even if you are the one in the corner and not jumping over someone to get to the corner. Since it comes down so fast the opponent usually has to react to it before you do it which can make it somewhat spamable. Once someone decides to do something about it you just don't do the buzzsaw. For example, it makes great moonslasher bait if you manage to get into the air after oswald has you cornered. Of course it crosses up if they are closer and it makes some funky QS combos possible if used as Jazu's shift in attack.

qcf+C is the better general purpose fireball, and with Jazu's ability to get to the other end of the screen quickly it can be used a lot with the occasional stalactite.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Sun Jan 07, 2007 18:58

Pardon me for being an idiot but HHS?
EDIT: HHS = Hundred Hand Slap I am an idiot

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Jan 25, 2007 13:21

That HHS/HHK is pretty damned annoying. Invincible at startup and if you don't have any projectiles, you can't punish him. The chipping damage is actually pretty decent if you get caught in front of him and don't have the stocks to roll out. Anyone who has the PS2 version, can you confirm if either DM negates normal projectiles? I used Iori's fireball and it went through the hcb,f+P DM, but that was a long time ago, and I haven't fought that many Jyazu users.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Mar 01, 2007 07:06

Seen in Korean match vids.

A, C, hcb K, down_up A as a BnB combo instead of ending it with qcb P. I suppose a dp B can be added in between the hcb K and the icicle projectile.

Jyazu can indeed be played non scrubbily eh? XD

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:35

I thought that was a Day One combo? Anyway you are better off with A, (f+C/d+C/D/B, df+C(1-hit)) instead of normal C, all more damage except the d+C which gives a lot more hitstun while only pushing away a tiny bit more. Or just D, df+C (1) if you have a few more frames. B Bullets will hit when timed right (hit with first bullet then the other two should hit late right at the top of the screen). Then follow with icicle which should hit off the top of the screen. The faster C icicle is easier to hit with in this situation, quite easy once you have it down.

Then you should try dashing before the bullets then sj+E instead of icicle. That is pretty hard.

Or if this knocks them into the corner you can sometimes run in and do the usual Jazu crazy stuff instead of icicle.

It should be noted also that the A,D,f+C, qcb+C does a good chunk more damage when the above is done without bullets. And a lot more stun regardless. So sadly buzzsaw is still BnB.