Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace
Re: ABCD DM

Post by Derrace » Wed Jul 11, 2007 13:34

I found a bug with Silber (on atomiswave) the other day when fighting shion.

Silber has this autoguard move (i dont know which one) that takes damage, I had tick health and shion did her invis fireball move, I autoguard it, and then I heard the sound of Silber dying, but he didnt "fly" backwards. Instead he carried out with the move (was it forward A?). Next thing I know, I cant hit shion, and shion cant hit me. I can walk through shion as though he/she wasn't there.

I've managed to record it on my hp.. now only to find the cable so i can upload it.

Greed Sever
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Greed Sever » Thu Dec 13, 2007 23:12

Could his ABCD perhaps just be an expensive way to kill the recovery on his moves? How comboable is it and what's the recovery like?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Dec 19, 2007 13:28

Recovery is slow like 1-2 seconds where he's fully vulnerable. It could be used as fake once every few games where the opponent has been conditioned to think that you're doing either stomp or counter super, then pauses once he sees the super flash, but even then its not really useful.

Greed Sever
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Greed Sever » Wed Dec 26, 2007 14:19

Yeah, I spent a good while playing around with it the other day and I'm convinced it's a glitch, no effect on stun, judgment, skill stocks, nothing. Plus it's the only move that's not shown in the in-game move list. And yeah, it's pretty strange that it forces Silver to go thru an entire cycle of his standing pose.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Jan 06, 2008 14:45

Well, it's been two years since XI was released, and nobody's made any mention of noticing anything useful about that DM, so I suppose it is a glitch. A strange glitch to have however, as it meant the developers spent time coding the command and setting an animation for it. Maybe they intended to make a third DM, then scrapped it without removing the command and temporary animation.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Ah it's always fun to reply to a post after two years...

Post by Kane317 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:23

AcidicEnema wrote:Damn, I should have figured this long time back, but Silber's counter super can, after all three hits, QS straight into most of the all-juggle supers.

Silber Counter Super> QS Oswald> LDM is especially painful- 90% anywhere on the screen, just for attacking.
I'm actually having difficulty QSing this on the third hit of his counter DM in the middle of the screen. Playing around I can only do this: (Corner) Silber Count DM (3)hits > QS Oswald > LDM. The trick is you can't QS immediately on the 3 hit, you have to delay it half a second late otherwise, he jumps in QS Morphthroughed and the 'charge' for his LDM gets messed up.

As for in the middle of the screen I just can't QS of the third hit of the counter DM. Too early makes him QS Morphthrough, and even if you delay the QS into Oswald, his LDM doesn't reach him in time.

I have only successfully QSed on the 2nd hit in the middle of the screen which automatically QS Morphthroughs you to the other side, in which I do Std A into LDM.
AcidicEnema wrote:Counter super also sets up the Ace Combos. Timing is tight tho. Damage is... wrong. 85% per pop.

Mid screen:

(Silber) Counter Super (2 hits)> QS Oswald (morph through) > Walk forward a bit> df+A> (delay) qcb+A> qcf+B> qcf+E.

Silber Corner:

(Silber) Counter Super (2 hits)> QS Owald (morph through)> df+A> qcf+A> qcf+B> qcf+A> qcf+E.

No idea if this works off Rush DM. Maybe after 2nd hit morph through.
I can do the middle of the screen one but I can't seem to do the corner one, any tips?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 23:51

Slapper Joe wrote:...
-s.A and c.A both combo into f+A. That was a suprise. s.A, f+A seems to combo as anti-hop as well, I'm pressuming this can lead to an LDM.
Did some further testing c.A does not combo into fwd+a. This board needs to wake up again.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Feb 13, 2008 00:45

Yah. c.A is cancelleable but not into command moves (f+A and f+B). One use for it is to tick into his guard crush, LDM tick. I.e., d.A (blocked)> qcfX2+K (blocked, guard crush)> LDM

Also, I posted wrongly about when his j.C knocksdown. How it works is this: Jump C knocks down. Hop C does not. Simple as that.

Also should be mentioned- Silber's hop/jump A is an awesome space control tool. Without it, he gets rushed down and dies for free by the likes of Gato, Kyo and Duck King. Semi-random hop As gives you a lot more space to start your own offense (generally centred around hop D, cross up D and sweep).

By and by, his normal counter has a 5 frame start up, so its NOT instantaneous. His counter super IS instantaneous, but I still haven't figured out when it stops crouch Bs and when it doesn't...still seems random to me.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Re: Ah it's always fun to reply to a post after two years...

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Feb 13, 2008 00:53

Kane317 wrote:
AcidicEnema wrote:Damn, I should have figured this long time back, but Silber's counter super can, after all three hits, QS straight into most of the all-juggle supers.

Silber Counter Super> QS Oswald> LDM is especially painful- 90% anywhere on the screen, just for attacking.
I'm actually having difficulty QSing this on the third hit of his counter DM in the middle of the screen. Playing around I can only do this: (Corner) Silber Count DM (3)hits > QS Oswald > LDM. The trick is you can't QS immediately on the 3 hit, you have to delay it half a second late otherwise, he jumps in QS Morphthroughed and the 'charge' for his LDM gets messed up.

As for in the middle of the screen I just can't QS of the third hit of the counter DM. Too early makes him QS Morphthrough, and even if you delay the QS into Oswald, his LDM doesn't reach him in time.

I have only successfully QSed on the 2nd hit in the middle of the screen which automatically QS Morphthroughs you to the other side, in which I do Std A into LDM.
Yah I get what you mean. The morph through messes up the charge a lot, but it somehow worked semi-randomly for me at midscreen. I simply settled by doing Counter super (2 hits)> Morphthrough> s.D> LDM. One thing you might try (or I might test) is whiffing a jump attack if you QS after the third hit. That normally stops a morphthrough.
Kane317 wrote:
AcidicEnema wrote:Counter super also sets up the Ace Combos. Timing is tight tho. Damage is... wrong. 85% per pop.

Mid screen:

(Silber) Counter Super (2 hits)> QS Oswald (morph through) > Walk forward a bit> df+A> (delay) qcb+A> qcf+B> qcf+E.

Silber Corner:

(Silber) Counter Super (2 hits)> QS Owald (morph through)> df+A> qcf+A> qcf+B> qcf+A> qcf+E.

No idea if this works off Rush DM. Maybe after 2nd hit morph through.
I can do the middle of the screen one but I can't seem to do the corner one, any tips?
df+A needs to be done as LOOOOOOW as possible. I know if I tried it now it'd give me fits, but I actually managed to do it in a match before, on Gato no less.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 00:10

AcidicEnema wrote:
Yah I get what you mean. The morph through messes up the charge a lot, but it somehow worked semi-randomly for me at midscreen. I simply settled by doing Counter super (2 hits)> Morphthrough> s.D> LDM. One thing you might try (or I might test) is whiffing a jump attack if you QS after the third hit. That normally stops a morphthrough.
It's probably worth it to QS of his Counter DM (3rd hit), QS Morph (so just charge by holding fwd) Std A into LDM since each hit of Counter DM takes of a decent chunk.
AcidicEnema wrote:
(CORNER) Silber Counter DM (3rd hit QS Oswald (morph through))> df+A> qcf+A> qcf+B> qcf+A> qcf+E.

df+A needs to be done as LOOOOOOW as possible. I know if I tried it now it'd give me fits, but I actually managed to do it in a match before, on Gato no less.
With Oswald in general, I'm beginning to think it's more of the distance from the corner (dead corner or half a character from corner) than just simply the height of the df+A connecting. But yeah, I settled for 3 hits into LDM instead lol. There's always a compromise somewhere with him.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Feb 14, 2008 04:28

Kane317 wrote:
AcidicEnema wrote:
It's probably worth it to QS of his Counter DM (3rd hit), QS Morph (so just charge by holding fwd) Std A into LDM since each hit of Counter DM takes of a decent chunk.
Pretty sure that wouldn't work cause nothing should be jugglable after the third hit except for all juggle moves.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:28

AcidicEnema wrote:
Kane317 wrote:
AcidicEnema wrote:
Pretty sure that wouldn't work cause nothing should be jugglable after the third hit except for all juggle moves.
Yeah my bad, I'm totally getting mixed up. I meant his regular DM 3rd hit into Oswald...