Blue Mary (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.
Re: About her LDM

Post by Iie-Kyo » Wed May 17, 2006 06:35

Bankotsu wrote:WOW! Looks impressive when you do her LDM alone, it takes half bar and a little more O_o

I have more questions for you guys:
- Can I DC from her qcf x 2 + B/D DM ?
Not sure on this, but I don't think so. Firstly, I think her "normal" DC is off her qcf, hcb + P rush DM. The Dynamite Swing however, sends the guy airborne on the first hit. Unless Mary's LDM changes properties upon SCing or DCing (which I believe it doesn't) if you can DC at all, it'll miss.
- Can I QS during her LDM ?
I don't think LDMs can be QS'd...
- Once I did: DP + K, then SCed into LDM but it missed, why?
DP + K has the same property as her qcf x 2 + K. First hit smacks them up. And judging from what you just said, her LDM doesn't change properties if SC'd, therefore it'll miss since her LDM is just a grab.

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

about her "special" dream cancel

Post by Bankotsu » Wed Jul 12, 2006 15:50

For about 2 times I did splash rose DM and then dream canceled to her LDM, it didn`t combo and did the great damage like the LDM alone.

Looks like you have to do the LDM while mary is far from opponent (during splash rose DM), but I can`t time it, HELP !

:cry:

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Wed Jul 12, 2006 22:25

"I don't think LDMs can be QS'd..."

The only LDM that can QS is Ryo's. Then again, if it hits and the opponent is stunned, why bother?

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Thu Jul 20, 2006 13:38

same as clarks running super, her LDM cannot be evaded if opponent is in corner and dies and opponents next character is coming in. If LDM is done right before opponents new character comes in, Guaranteed LDM hit, cannot jump away cannot do anything.

orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 06:26

First post yay!
I'm looking for some more variation in my combos, all i use are close C/D, f+B, then if the low hits, qcf, hcb+P into dp+K and it's followup... if it doesn't hit, just go straight into the dp+K

did that make sense?

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Fri Aug 11, 2006 00:38

Throw in her overhead command kick thing..the qcf_k..its literally an overhead now so take that into consideration into yur moves etc..because if blocked you ARE SAFE!!! :kiss:

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Fri Aug 11, 2006 01:17

Dark Geese wrote:Throw in her overhead command kick thing..the qcf_k..its literally an overhead now so take that into consideration into yur moves etc..because if blocked you ARE SAFE!!! :kiss:

Are you talking about her Spin Fall? The overhead kick? That's qcf+P not qcf+K...To my knowledge. But yeah it's pretty safe, also has the follow up of qcf+p when it lands. If you use her as leader, you can do her leader for massive damage if it's blocked (or not, just depends on how fast you can react to hit confirmation xD)

Edit: Anyone know if she has a d.b, d.a combo? O_o

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Sat Aug 12, 2006 06:56

No, Mary can't link c.B c.A (or c.A c.B), unfortunately in neither Arcade nor Arrange (PS2). However, on a lighter note, she can link c.A c.A or c.B c.B in both modes... but I'm guessing you already figured that much.

As for what can combo from it, the slicer doesn't seem to. The only reliable thing I can find is her Dynamite Swing DM. Not even her f+B or f+A command attacks combo off the crouching attacks...

(BTW, I think in 97, the Spin Fall was motioned with K... or maybe it was Real Bout FF...)

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Sun Aug 13, 2006 06:34

Yeah, in 97 and 98, Spin Fall was QCF+K without the spider follow up (that was QCF+P). It was like that in a few FF's too.

Bankotsu
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Corner combo

Post by Bankotsu » Wed Aug 23, 2006 07:33

ONLY in the corner:
Spin fall (qcf+p) and instead of the followup just do the LDM and it will combo (3 hits in total) :smile:

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Sat Aug 26, 2006 01:12

Something fun I did one day:

Short slide (bcf+b) into LDM. Was really fun to see the reaction. Not sure if you can do it off her long slide, would anyone like to try?

I'd like to see more ways to apply her LDM, personally. Thinking about using her as leader in a local tourney :/

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Sat Aug 26, 2006 05:17

It's pretty easy to combo into her LDM, like, it's cake. It's just that it scales pretty badly (Actually, I noticed that even if you do j.C, s.C, f+B, LDM, it'l still scale the LDM damage to the same amount as it would if you just did C, LDM. than if you just caught someone offguard with it period, so I tend to combo into her qcf, hcb+B DM like with.. j.C, s.C, f+B, bcf+B, qcf hcb+P, QS to someone else and unleash hell. Or, you could replace her qcf hcb+P DM with her LDM, you'll get just about the same damage her LDM would score normally, but you'd wind up using an extra skill stock to SC.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Tue Jan 02, 2007 02:15

Hop A on block (or even hit) gives you a very easy generic grab opportunity. Hmm, we never did get around to testing how hard hop A (blocked), ldm was to get out of. But the LDM can be used with a fair bit of success in QS combos after a reset. Just launch, QS, late hop D with Mary, land before them and LDM.

The blue roll after the f+A can get you in front or behind an opponent depending on when you do the roll.

qcf*2+k is strange. If the knee hits Mary will always grab the opponent from what I've seen. So even if the opponent has crossed up mary and is still high up in the screen, if the knee hits they are warped down for the spin.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Feb 04, 2007 03:06

Slapper Joe wrote: qcf*2+k is strange. If the knee hits Mary will always grab the opponent from what I've seen. So even if the opponent has crossed up mary and is still high up in the screen, if the knee hits they are warped down for the spin.
There is an exception to this. If you do vanessa dp+C QS into mary knee DM (with B), the knee will hit but wont grab (there is lag once you hit the ground) . You have to do the QS and the DM rather quick, but the cool thing about this, is that is leave you behind the opponent so you can do a conditional crossup combo. So far some ppl havent been able to block the combo from back yet. try it out......

inuko
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by inuko » Mon Apr 28, 2008 02:37

Something I went through recently in the last few weeks I haven't been able to replicate/get the chance to try out again.

B.Mary as leader, in the corner, did typical combo (minus slide, I've given up) into qcf, hcb+a rush super and dream cancelled it into LDM...The weird part is that it DIDN'T combo but it instead gave me FULL DAMAGE (the halfbar or so) to it. I'm not sure HOW it happened, just that it did. My guess is that I did it when she was further away from character being hit and it was enough of a break to stop the combo, but as my opponent didn't realize it either, still got nailed.

A very, very odd thing to happen. It'd be much cooler if I could get this down normally. Even if it is consistently possible, I'd think it's more of a surprise deal, and mostly in the corner. I noticed that my opponent moved before the LDM actually hit.

Wish I had a vid :[