Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Mon Mar 12, 2007 00:38

Thanks for the update, but update or no update, they still rank DL at C and D (bleh). I strongly feel he should be at least a B. That said, I don't really wanna argue anymore, I have given my case, some may argue, others might not, but end of the day, if DL does it for me, I would still choose him even if they ranked him E, F or Z tier. Btw empy, the arcade controllers back here sucks, I since used Gato's LDM over DL's. Sigh, but what to do, crappy controls... =(
Empyrian wrote:User proficiency of Character X should not be the sole and only indicator of the potential of said character.

For tier list reference, I would suggest taking a look over here instead. This can be found at page 12 of this thread iirc. The list which you had listed is ancient and archaic. However I apologise for that as I should have updated the 1st page.
Empyrian wrote:
Japanese.

[SS] Gato, Kula
【S】Oswald, Eiji, Duck (2P), Kim, Clark
【A】Ralf, Duck, Kyo, Maxima, Ryo, Gai
【B】Jenet, K', Ash, Terry, Shen, Jyazu, Silber, Vanessa, Kensou
【C】Malin, Iori, Duolon, Adelheid, Benimaru, Elisabeth
【D】Yuri, Ramon, Mary, Shingo, King, Griffon
【E】Hayate(?), Kasumi, Momoko, Athena, Whip

Korean.

【S】Kula, Gato
【A】Oswald, Eiji, Duck (2P), Kim, Clark, Ralf, Kyo
【B】Jyazu, Maxima, Ryo, Jenet, K', Terry, Adelheid, Vanessa (infinite), Gai, Malin, Silber
【C】Ash, Shen, King, Griffon, Ramon, Benimaru, Iori, Duolon, Yuri, Elisabeth, Mary
【D】Kasumi, Whip, Shingo, Hayate, Athena, Momoko

Taiwanese.

【S】Kula, Gato
【A】Oswald (Leader), Ralf, Clark, Eiji, Kim, Kyo, Duck
【B】Terry, Kensou, Jenet, Adelheid, K', Ryo, Silber, Jyazu
【C】Gai, Malin, King, Ramon, Benimaru, Griffon, Ash, Maxima, Iori, Elisabeth (Leader)
【D】Shen, Duolon, Yuri, Mary, Kasumi, Shingo, Whip
【E】Momoko, Athena, Hayate
The only thing lacking for the 3 lists would be that it does not take into a/c the boost in ranking a character will get if he/she is leader. If that is the case, then I think one should also take a look at the LDM thread over here and treat it as an appendix.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Mon Mar 12, 2007 18:25

90% of players, upon switching to Gato to be their leader, will inevitably realise that he really *should* be their (only) leader from then on. XD

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 01:02

Empyrian wrote:90% of players, upon switching to Gato to be their leader, will inevitably realise that he really *should* be their (only) leader from then on. XD
for easy win, that is why i stop playing this game, in londn's arcade they just use top tier and it is so boring to see the same shit all the time.
I play duolon as leader on serious matches bc people got scared as soon as they see him with 2 or 3 stocks, like derrick said 1 down A is just what I need to kill.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Tue Mar 13, 2007 01:46

dobiqwolf wrote:
Empyrian wrote:90% of players, upon switching to Gato to be their leader, will inevitably realise that he really *should* be their (only) leader from then on. XD
for easy win, that is why i stop playing this game, in londn's arcade they just use top tier and it is so boring to see the same shit all the time.
I play duolon as leader on serious matches bc people got scared as soon as they see him with 2 or 3 stocks, like derrick said 1 down A is just what I need to kill.
Empy: I only chose Gato because the controller in my arcade isnt reliable.

there seems to be only a slight difference in input in down, down forward, and forward.. crappy controls is a downfall to DL's LDM. Unlike button mashing Gato's LDM input.......... it doesnt really give me much choice, does it?

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue Mar 13, 2007 06:01

dobiqwolf wrote:
Your insinuation that people using top tier automatically suffers from a lack of skills and that people using DL as leader is of a higher skill level is utterly misguided and erroneous.

You stopped playing the game not because it was getting boring. You stopped playing because your team can no longer compete with the top tiers. At least get that right.

Derrick: You shall see in due time. The more you use Gato as leader or even Malin, subconsciously you'll start believing them as better leaders. XD

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Tue Mar 13, 2007 08:19

Empyrian wrote: Derrick: You shall see in due time. The more you use Gato as leader or even Malin, subconsciously you'll start believing them as better leaders. XD

riiight, Gato I will give in, but malin? I used to use her as Leader until I played you SG guys.... not very feasible, damage scales so badly in a combo. Opp not jump = no counter damage =(

DL leader is undeniably the best, and I remember some of you guys agreeing with me during those car trips back from the arcade when i was in SG =)

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Mar 13, 2007 15:21

Derrick wrote: DL leader is undeniably the best, and I remember some of you guys agreeing with me during those car trips back from the arcade when i was in SG =)
yeah, i had the exact same car talk with Empy, Scruffy and AE a year or so ago, and even then Empy was the gato advocate :P

but right now i have to agree. IMHO gato leader is probably the best...it seems so crazy broken at times: guaranteed guard crush (into sweep if the 3rd hit GCs), fast, no super spark (again wtf) til the last hit......scales nicely

but then i'm beginning to think DL leader doesn't fare well against people like (surprise, surprise), Gato....getting a close crouching A at times against him is just plainly impossible, which is why I normally QS into jump c, stand c, LDM.......

Scruffy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Scruffy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 19:14

Derrick wrote: riiight, Gato I will give in, but malin? I used to use her as Leader until I played you SG guys.... not very feasible, damage scales so badly in a combo. Opp not jump = no counter damage =(
DL leader is undeniably the best, and I remember some of you guys agreeing with me during those car trips back from the arcade when i was in SG =)
(On being a better leader) Gato, yes, Malin probably not. And I do think that Malin's LDM should be moved down from 2nd place in the LDM thread.

I'd like to take into consideration the utility options a character has available to them when discerning the usefulness their respective LDMs, particularly towards the moves that are done prior to it. Going by that reasoning, while it is certainly clear that DL's LDM is capable of potentially finishing off your opponent, the character itself does not have as many ways to land that LDM as, say, Gato. Coupled with the technical proficiency required, I'd give DL a high B at most.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Wed Mar 14, 2007 00:55

Scruffy wrote:
Derrick wrote: riiight, Gato I will give in, but malin? I used to use her as Leader until I played you SG guys.... not very feasible, damage scales so badly in a combo. Opp not jump = no counter damage =(
(On being a better leader) Gato, yes, Malin probably not. And I do think that Malin's LDM should be moved down from 2nd place in the LDM thread.

I'd like to take into consideration the utility options a character has available to them when discerning the usefulness their respective LDMs, particularly towards the moves that are done prior to it. Going by that reasoning, while it is certainly clear that DL's LDM is capable of potentially finishing off your opponent, the character itself does not have as many ways to land that LDM as, say, Gato. Coupled with the technical proficiency required, I'd give DL a high B at most.
DL in LDM mode on incoming char, before char comes in screen, jump B, down B, unbloackable? I am happy that DL is B tier, definitely not C or D.
Techinical proficiency to land LDM, why does that all suddenly sound all too familar? =p It's not that hard to land a chain to start his LDM. You should know that ;)

Scruffy
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Scruffy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 03:58

Derrick wrote: DL in LDM mode on incoming char, before char comes in screen, jump B, down B, unbloackable? I am happy that DL is B tier, definitely not C or D.
Techinical proficiency to land LDM, why does that all suddenly sound all too familar? =p It's not that hard to land a chain to start his LDM. You should know that ;)
I was actually referring to the technical proficiency needed to both land and see the LDM to it's end. (Since it is still possible to stuff it up, try to restart the chain through another jump B and get hit by, say, Oswald's Stand A, Joker) But yeah, lol, LDM, jump B, down B is one of the best ways to land his LDM. The point that I was trying to bring across was that should DL be given more options in landing his LDM and that the execution of it be simplified, he'd be able to, quite possibly, jump to A tier.

Again, Gato. Palm/Kick DM into LDM on a hopping/jumping opponent. 5 corner kicks off a QS before cancelling into yet another LDM. I mean, wth. For every thing that DL has to do on a grounded opponent, that broken SOB can do it on an aerial opponent and perhaps even earn back a power stock in the process. Pretty OP if you ask me.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:33

Empyrian wrote: Your insinuation that people using top tier automatically suffers from a lack of skills and that people using DL as leader is of a higher skill level is utterly misguided and erroneous.

You stopped playing the game not because it was getting boring. You stopped playing because your team can no longer compete with the top tiers. At least get that right.
ok, 90% of the top tier whore IN LONDON didnt know how to play with them (when i use to go to the arcade), my problem wasnt loosing to them, I just got bored of seeing the same characters ALL THE TIME whoever i was playing against.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Mar 14, 2007 19:55

A comprehensive guide on the all juggle moves in this game.
Legend: L = LDM, C = command moves, S = special moves, D = DMs

Oswald
-Joker (L)

Shen Woo
-C,A,B,C (L)

Shingo
Last hit of qcf*2 E (L)

Kim
2nd hit of , FF, F+A, A. (C)
Last hit of Qcb A/C, uf B/D, d B/D (S) (note: I think they mistook b_f D for this as that wasn't possible when I tested it out a few times recently.)
Phoenix kick. (L)

Duck
qcb*2 kick follow up to d, d CDE (D)

Vanessa
qcb K, f + P (S)

Mary
Dp K. (S)

Yuri
Air, qcf Kick. (S)

King
Qcb*2 E/Qcf*2 E (L)

Elizabeth
Qcf, Hcb P. (S)

Benimaru
Raikoken (L)

K'
Air minute spike (S)
Chain Drive (L)

Kula
Freeze Execution (L)

Naxima
follow up to Hcb K, i.e. f+K (S)
Qcf*2 Kick (D)
Hcb, Fwd E (L)

Gato
Kick super. (D)

Griffon
Kick super. (D)

Ralf
d_u A/C (S)
Air Qcf A/C (S)
Hcb D (S)
GALACTICA PHANTOM! (L)

Clark
3rd hit of qcb*2 kick. (D)

Kasumi
Qcb K (S)

Athena
Last hit of Phoenix Infinity (L)

Momoko
KAME KAME HA (L)

BOSS

Adel
Qcf D (when cancelled into) (S)
Last hit of Qcf*2 D. (D)

Hayate
Hcb, Fwd E (L)

Jyazu
2nd or 3rd hit of Hcb, Fwd E (L)

Vicious Spike
Is it a bot?

Post by Vicious Spike » Thu Mar 15, 2007 03:52

Eh? None for Malin??

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:22

Aren't the 2nd and 3rd hits of Kula's SDM Ice Geysers all juggle as well?

*Would rather Empy have split that into a separate thread and posted the exact rules on "all" juggles e.g. won't juggle on a stand e hit unless on counter.

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:38

those posted by empyrian are juggle aniwhere moves..
no other particular features..those moves just juggle everywhere on the screen with the only exception of the standing E (old CD attack)