Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
KOF XI tier list.

Post by Empyrian » Thu Nov 24, 2005 06:44

S クーラ(+1) 牙刀
A 京 庵 オズワルド 
B ジェニー 紅丸(+1) K' キム ユリ ケンスウ ラルフ ダック シェン 桃子
C マキシマ 影二 テリー(+1) グリフォン クラーク(+1) デュオロン
D アッシュ ヴァネッサ リョウ キング ウィップ(+1) 香澄 まりん(+1)
E エリザベート(+2)真吾(+1) アテナ(+2) ラモン マリー
Last edited by Empyrian on Thu Nov 24, 2005 08:00, edited 1 time in total.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Nov 24, 2005 06:53

Translating the list itself:

S rank: Kula, Gato
A rank: Kyo, Iori, Oswald
B rank: Jenet, Benimaru (+1), K', Kim, Yuri, Kensou, Ralf, Duck, Shen, Momoko
C rank: Maxima, Eiji, Terry (+1), Tizoc, Clark (+1), Duolon
D rank: Ash, Vanessa, Ryo, King, Whip (+1), Kasumi, Malin
E rank: Elisabeth (+2), Shingo (+1), Athena (+2), Ramon, Mary

Numbers in brackets indicate by how many ranks the character rises when used as a leader.

I'll see if I can translate the text later.

Undeniable
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Undeniable » Thu Nov 24, 2005 07:19

I say Eiji is way too low.

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:32

I'm unhappy with Gato being UBER... And Kula gets a +1 when she's already on God tier!?

Moriya
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by Moriya » Thu Nov 24, 2005 23:33

Mary sucks again?!? SNK might as well just remove her...

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Fri Nov 25, 2005 02:12

Iori A Rank???? No f**** way , he should be B/C Rank , Athena E Rank??? WTF
IMO is too soon to make tier lists

principal panda
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
XBL:BadoorSNK
PSN:BadoorSNK

Post by principal panda » Fri Nov 25, 2005 03:22

athena E?!(air teleport,grapple)??!!
I dont take the tier list them for granted

Xenogias
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Xenogias » Fri Nov 25, 2005 04:09

Another Tier List...

You know this is going to change eventually, especially when not many people have even played through each character thoroughly yet. This is why I keep saying its a bit too early for a Tier List.

I remember a while back Momoko was Top, thats only because the first wave of players only chose her. Now all we're seeing is mostly Oswald, Jenet, Vanessa, heck, I've only seen 1-2 Kensou matches.

A few days ago an Infinite was discovered with Vanessa as well. Also, tier lists are determined by the character with most priorities over others. I've seen some nasty things with Ramon, Maxima and Mary. KOF is a game where nearly every character has a good pressure/rushdown game...

Im loving the fact you can cancel many specials. Its starting to remind me a tad bit of Garou, without the JD of course.

Anyway, I dont mean to complain. Kula and Gato do diserve to be up there, but the Top Tier list is too small. Thats odd for a KOF game, dont you think? Look at KOF98, nearly everyone was top tier in that game.

EDIT: Also, has anyone here seen a Duo Lon match vid? I haven't yet. I know he was nerfed but that doesn't necesserily make him low tier, I wanna see how "balanced" he is. Hopefully some crazy jap will pick him up.
Last edited by Xenogias on Fri Nov 25, 2005 04:12, edited 1 time in total.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Nov 25, 2005 04:10

Xenogias wrote:Anyway, I dont mean to complain. Kula and Gato do diserve to be up there, but the Top Tier list is too small. Thats odd for a KOF game, dont you think?
KOF2003 had a top tier which consisted of one character :P

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Nov 25, 2005 04:35

Kula's LDM has the "Sure Juggle" property iirc.

Undeniable: I think the thinking over there is Eiji though good is a bit limited on rushdown. (Yes, I am not kidding.) Off a jump b/d or a down b, the other thing Eiji can do is a qcb a or maybe once in a while a qcf p. He does have nice stuff overall and I would personally put him no higher than B.

principal panda: Well, Athena is C when she is leader. Come to think of it, she does not have much to spam this year.

Xenogias: We should wait 10 months later, make a list that will generate no discussion. XD And even then the *insert character* users will grumble and mumble on why he/she is so low, I can beat toptiers with them, etc.

A tier list will generate dissent at any point in time. I am just accelerating the process.
Also, tier lists are determined by the character with most priorities over others.
Partially true, take into a/c stuff like the more bs a character has (and the safer they are), the higher a character is.'

Ironically, Vanessa sucked due to this. Other than the infinite, she seems pretty nerfed compared to 2k2. You are most probably going to land the *OMG* infinite off a tag in.

Lastly, this isn't my list. I just agree with it mostly. XD

Undeniable
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by Undeniable » Fri Nov 25, 2005 06:41

Empyrian wrote:Kula's LDM has the "Sure Juggle" property iirc.

Undeniable: I think the thinking over there is Eiji though good is a bit limited on rushdown. (Yes, I am not kidding.) Off a jump b/d or a down b, the other thing Eiji can do is a qcb a or maybe once in a while a qcf p. He does have nice stuff overall and I would personally put him no higher than B.
Makes sense I guess, but I'll still say Eiji is quite good. Anyway, what's with the Ralf > Clark on the list?

Xenogias
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Xenogias » Fri Nov 25, 2005 14:33

ShadowSonic wrote:
Xenogias wrote:Anyway, I dont mean to complain. Kula and Gato do diserve to be up there, but the Top Tier list is too small. Thats odd for a KOF game, dont you think?
Yeah, well HE was God Tier and still beatable :P atleast to me. Seriously, people made too much of a big deal out Duo Lon, yeah hese got crazy juggles and all of that, even an infinite or two :P But still beatable.

I just wanna know if Duo Lon can pull off a descent combo with his "A-Groove" super, lol. Cause the only time i've seen Duo Lon is in the AMS Demo/KOFXI Trailer, and it didn't show much of him.

Oh well, if no one starts using him by the time this game is ported to PS2's then im using him :P unless theres no hope for him afterall :/

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Fri Nov 25, 2005 16:16

Just for clarity, let me ask this: is the game broken, due to top tiers, infinites or juggle properties or whatever, or is still somewhat good/decent/manageable?

Xenogias
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Xenogias » Fri Nov 25, 2005 16:27

So far I haven't seen anything broken about the game... Except the part where Vanessa has an infinite (SNK needs to learn how to put juggle limits or atleast put some sort of special juggle properties for each move).

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Nov 25, 2005 17:17

Xenogias wrote:
ShadowSonic wrote:
Yeah, well HE was God Tier and still beatable :P atleast to me. Seriously, people made too much of a big deal out Duo Lon, yeah hese got crazy juggles and all of that, even an infinite or two :P But still beatable.
You know not the horror of facing a Duolon in an Asian arcade :X

As for XI's balance...I don't know, really. Kula/Gato/Oswald seems to be a very popular team in the Japanese matchvids, largely because Gato has pretty insant offensive capabilities and Kula/Oswald have LDMs that can juggle almost anywhere. To be fair, the difference doesn't seem to be as bad as 2K3 where Duolon owned everyone for free...seems more like 2K1's tiers if anything.