Maxima (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Thu Jun 29, 2006 04:18

SonicWaver wrote: question: After bunker buster juggle property, is it true u can df+C into DP+B/D ?

i never could juggle df+C or dp+B/D

is there a timing, or was it just a guess form your part??
Yo we were talking about after Ryo's zanretsuken in the corner... what would be a nice QS combo if ur using maxima... it was either 5X bunker buster or df+c,dp+kick... I've never tried doing df+c,dp+kick after bunker buster tho...

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Jan 10, 2007 05:55

Random, only mildly useful fact #94: His LDM is unique in that it doesn't actually require a button press/release to come out. Press and hold down E, whenever you do a motion even slightly resembling the LDM it will come out. Don't think this has anything to do with the charging, as Tung's LDM doesn't work like this. If you keep E held down it will delay like normal.

But it is pretty useful. c.B/non-chained f+A(it's LDM cancellable)/CH E, then hold down E right after and sloppy 360 on stick is very easy to do. Even empty move cancels are good bait to use this with.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Thu Apr 26, 2007 20:09

I was trying Maxima out today, and is it me or does jump C (crossover most of the time) into crouching A turn into something quite unlinkable? I can't seem to pull it off.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Sun Apr 29, 2007 16:24

PenPen wrote:I was trying Maxima out today, and is it me or does jump C (crossover most of the time) into crouching A turn into something quite unlinkable? I can't seem to pull it off.
Try late or deep jump C into cA. That goes for crossup aswell.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sun Apr 29, 2007 17:47

Eh.. if the cross up C is blocked, shouldn't one be doing either, a) Down D, b)Down B (if it hits, down A to combo?) or just c) Stand D, F+A... instead?

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Mon Apr 30, 2007 15:36

Empyrian wrote:Eh.. if the cross up C is blocked, shouldn't one be doing either, a) Down D, b)Down B (if it hits, down A to combo?) or just c) Stand D, F+A... instead?
Well yeah, but I'm trying to get some secondary characters and haven't used him much until lately.

Stupid question, is qcf+A chain not SCable to MASHIMA REVENJAH?

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Apr 30, 2007 16:41

Empyrian wrote:Eh.. if the cross up C is blocked, shouldn't one be doing either, a) Down D, b)Down B (if it hits, down A to combo?) or just c) Stand D, F+A... instead?
I would just do cAx3 cos at least it can put some distance between opponent if blocked, and if not can continue with qcf+A.

I dont use the others besides maybe sD, f+A in QS if opponent is blocking

Oh, and crossup C is alot more effective when they are ducking............

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Tue May 01, 2007 16:13

Eh? Qcf A *2 should be SCable to either super...

Down D is the safest after crossup C but it yields the least return/damage.
If you go for down B/stand D, you can go for funky stuff like cancelling the F+A, vapour cannon. You can even cancel the vapour cannon into his hcb K.

I find that mixing crossup C with jump D works very well.

Nameless
Is it a bot?

Post by Nameless » Tue Jul 29, 2008 18:04

Necropost.

Is it just me and my bad timing, or is it extremely tricky to cancel a canceled Mongolian into Vapor Cannon? e.g. Close D -> f+A -> qcb+A. For some reason, I can only do it very rarely. I've read the earlier post about the possiblity that the Vapor Cannon must be done with a qcb (and not an hcb) in combos, but I've tried both methods, and neither of them work consistently.

Another point of note/oddity: in the PS2 version, the movelist says that the third part of the qcf+A chain must be done as an hcf, and not a qcf (so the full chain is qcf+A,qcf+a,hcf+A). Not sure if this applies in the arcade version, since it hasn't been mentioned here. Well, the PS2 version also says that Kula's LDM is qcb,qcb+E, so yeah...

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Tue Jul 29, 2008 18:10

Er, I don't think the timing is any different than if you cancel the fwd a into anything else. In fact, that string you mentioned is actually a pretty common sequence to do once you realise the opponent is blocking.

As for the 3rd move in the qcf p chain - yeah I've always done hcf p for the last input, I don't think qcf p registers.

Nameless
Is it a bot?

Post by Nameless » Tue Jul 29, 2008 22:58

Hmm, I cancel the f+A into everything else fine, but the Vapor Cannon is giving me a lot of trouble for some reason. Which is a bad thing, since, as you mentioned, it's a good pressure string on block.