SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
FORUM RULES **Update Dec 30 2006: Appeal to board veterans**

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Jun 20, 2005 18:51

OK, I'll just lay down a few quick guidelines, and PS and/or Vishema can elaborate on the rest.

First off, the single character threads are for gameplay discussion only. Comments like "Iori is awesome!" and "lol Duolon's foot" will be deleted upon sight.

If you want to talk about things like that, use the rant thread, located here:
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~orochinagi/ ... .php?t=265

That's all I wanted to say...the rest is up to Vish and PS. *tag*

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Tue Jun 21, 2005 19:04

That's pretty much it, actually - I reckon once the game's actually released, I'll spend a few hours making up another rules page that lists all the separate character threads and threads of special note.

The game isn't released yet, so for the time being we'll be a bit more lenient with threads, but as SS said, please do keep ranting in the rant thread.

Vicio
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:RebelSpark
Currently Playing:KOF XIII.

Mmh Hmm!

Post by Vicio » Wed Jun 22, 2005 06:27

SS Post = The Rules in a temporary nutshell. Just like PS said! :smile:

Perfect Stranger

Post by Perfect Stranger » Wed Jun 22, 2005 21:11

Oh yeah - check out the Duolon thread for some small snippets I translated.

I guess this applies to any character you guys want information on - if you find something in Nipponese, I guess I'll try and translate it.

*Figures he should at least *prove* he's worth something as a mod*

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Mar 22, 2006 20:39

Just a maintenance note - I've stickied the main threads like the winquote, character intro/dialogue translation, and system info so that they're easy to find (and to hopefully prevent double postings).

PS has said he'll do a comprehensive listing of all the topics in the forum soon.

Perfect Stranger

Post by Perfect Stranger » Tue Apr 25, 2006 17:05

Couple of things to add about the PS2 version:

-Go ahead and create threads for the PS2 only characters, but kindly title the thread : Character Name (XI) - PS2 Version, i.e. NGBC Kyo (XI) - PS2 Version

-The thread about possible rebalances to the arcade game seems fine too, I'm not entirely sure how useful it is since, even though there *will* be Net-play in Japan, I'm almost certain if that option were available to you you wouldn't be here at ON (i.e. you'd probably be reading some Jap forums instead :P), but there's no denying that most of you will manage to get your hands on a PS2 version so I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to discuss rebalances.

-Tier lists are probably going to be updated once the PS2 comes out - right now I'm not sure if I want there to be 2 separate threads for this, so please don't create another tier list for the PS2 version yet, and I'd appreciate it if we kept speculation of the tiers for PS2 out of the existing Tier thread.

-Think that's about it for now. I should, assuming I get off my lazy ass, update this thread soon with a quick listing of the important threads that have filled out this forum. Of course, I did say that about, what, 3 months ago now? Meh.

Perfect Stranger

Post by Perfect Stranger » Fri May 19, 2006 05:23

One more short thing - if you wish to talk to me via PM about a moderation issue, kindly post something here to the effect of "I've sent you a PM, please check it". I tend to miss the notification that I've had a PM simply because the layout of the board doesn't make it particularly eye-catching ><

Perfect Stranger

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Jun 26, 2006 05:13

As mentioned in the rant thread, feel free to make a tier thread about the PS2 arrange mode, but kindly keep it separate from the original arcade tier thread.

Perfect Stranger

Post by Perfect Stranger » Wed Aug 23, 2006 17:35

Just tidied up the forum by deleting some old threads I felt were unnecessary.

As a kinda new addition to the rules (Well, I was doing it before all the time anyway, but I guess posting it here makes it slightly more formal):

You're free to ask questions about the game that don't directly pertain to strict gameplay issues (examples include "Where do I buy an Atomiswave cabinet", "How do I select the Start button colors in the PS2 version?", etc), but once a satisfactory answer (from the opinion of the moderators, at any rate) has been recieved, or, alternatively, if a suitably long amount of time (again, subject only to the opinion of the moderators) has passed without any satisfactory answer appearing to be forthcoming, the thread can and will be deleted without warning.

Damn, that was a long run on sentence.

Perfect Stranger

Post by Perfect Stranger » Sat Dec 30, 2006 20:40

Copied from that Oswald post I made:

New posts on the XI board have been pretty stagnant as of late. Could I appeal to some of the older veterans to revitalise the board a bit? Yes, you might say "But nothing new/revolutionary has been discovered", but right now a lot of the character threads are missing "consolidation posts", i.e. posts where you describe how the character should be played given what we know about him and the play environment today. In other words, a mini-faq of sorts. ;p

Yes, I know it's a lot of work to write up that shite but it will benefit a lot of users, especially scrubs like yours truly.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Dec 31, 2006 05:54

Perfect Stranger wrote:Copied from that Oswald post I made:

New posts on the XI board have been pretty stagnant as of late. Could I appeal to some of the older veterans to revitalise the board a bit? Yes, you might say "But nothing new/revolutionary has been discovered", but right now a lot of the character threads are missing "consolidation posts", i.e. posts where you describe how the character should be played given what we know about him and the play environment today. In other words, a mini-faq of sorts. ;p

Yes, I know it's a lot of work to write up that shite but it will benefit a lot of users, especially scrubs like yours truly.
heh, I have been visiting this forum daily, but it's been reeally dead.. maybe everyone's on holidays?

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Mon Jan 01, 2007 15:58

no but it's because kof crew is always the same..and most of the time spent discussing is done on CX or SRK

my dream is that the entire kof community will be unite on only one board..

Blastrezz

Post by Blastrezz » Wed Jan 03, 2007 13:26

shura wrote:no but it's because kof crew is always the same..and most of the time spent discussing is done on CX or SRK

my dream is that the entire kof community will be unite on only one board..
The only place can be here!
CX sucks because it's full of immature people with immature style and behavior.
SRK is even worse because it's your typical American bullshit board. I think there are quite some people who know their stuff but they are so through the roof arrogant and the overall writing style and spam at SRK is absolutely overwhelming. Hail to all boards which have at least strict limitations for avatars, sigs and sig pics!
What's even a bigger joke about SRK I every now and then stumbled across threads which are protected from viewing for non-registered users. This is the top of the cockiness which I won't ever support.

For me ON is THE SNK forum even if it doesn't look like it. The alround atmosphere here is the best :)

Somehow it really is a pity that KoFXI seems dead already. It was one of the best KoFs ever and even matchvideo releases seem to have ceased....

--Blast

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Jan 25, 2007 13:10

I totally agree. This is the place for a good KOF discussion, and rookies don't get roasted in this board unless they do something stupid enough to deserve it. I haven't played KOF in almost 3 months and I'm horribly rusty at the moment, so I need some time practicing, though if I discover any oddities or bugs, I'll post them up in the relevant threads.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Re: wow power leveling

Post by Derrace » Fri Dec 05, 2008 18:40

klmn373 wrote:Don't miss out on the chance to show your talent to the world and win great prizes--wow power leveling!

asss WTF is this??? MODS Please remove SPAM!! Thanks