Official KOF XI rant/bash/spam/cry/rave/whine thread

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Fri Jun 16, 2006 18:05

I'm happy about the shorter hit stun in jumps... that way Kula, Gato and Oswald will have a slightly harder time because they'll have to hit their jump attacks later than in the arcade.

However, the invincibility for rolling... why less? Perhaps there were some trigger-happy rollers beta testing? No clue... this would make KGO be harder to escape from if you're cornered!

Hmm... I also saw on that thing that Duck's Break Spiral (grab DM) has been given LONGER range. I could've sworn it had pretty long range as it is.

They shouldn't worry much about Duck. They should worry about souping up Momoko lol

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Shirakani » Sat Jun 17, 2006 05:49

They didn't just buff Duck only. What they said was they felt the range for the break spiral was too short, so they upgraded it, but in doing so they know it broke balance elsewhere on the char, so other things were adjusted to be fair.

My guess at what this means is that anything they buffed on one char, there's an equal nerf somewhere to make things fair. This is IN ADDITION to the universal jump hit stun time nerf and the roll invincibility nerf .

Of course, this is also assuming we're translating it correctly....

So quite possibly, a number of overpowered things may have been weakened and some weak things buffed. Exactly what? We'll have to wait and test it out.

Maybe a dedicated thread for 'differences in Arrange mode' will be needed.

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Sat Jun 17, 2006 20:35

That's a great idea, Shirakani. Please make the thread when the game arrives.

Hopefully for me, by next weekend it should be here (although they're releasing it two days before, it takes a day or two longer to get to me from Play-Asia).

For the moment I'm making a QS guide. I'm only missing about 11 characters (K' Team, Kyo Iori Team and sub-bosses), and I plan to add the PS2-specific characters. However, it would also help if there were a thread to help translate the 40 challenges on Challenge mode, since this is how those will be unlocked...

I know what 10 and 36 are from screenshots and video, and I think I was able to figure out what 34 was.

kaworuscott
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by kaworuscott » Fri Jun 23, 2006 13:13

Is there a verdict on the game yet?

Is it officially skank? The best KOF since 2k2?

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Jun 23, 2006 22:31

I can pretty much take back all the fears and grudges I had held previously about it.

New backgrounds except Osaka_1 look fine in action. Lots of subtle changes in arrange mode to keep people interested (we'll see if it is balanced in due-time.) System-wide changes instead of just character specific. And it loads fast.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 02:29

XI PS2 is great. Considering how their recent arcade to PS2 ports have been pretty good. Lots of features to keep everyone interested in and Arrange mode is great for players who like looking for "new" things. It's like XI and XI' with Arrange mode.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Sat Jun 24, 2006 02:35

My hands fucking hurt after playing KOF for the first time in 6 months. Gawddamn Oswald Ace Combo. Gawddamn Terry's new power charge and its fucking short super cancel window. Gawddamn Duck's bloody Break Spiral motion.

Gawddamn, I'm going to get my ass kicked when I go back to Singapore ><

Bugle/Hawk'M
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:When life gives you lemons, make Kaiser Waves
Currently Playing:some games
XBL:BugleHawkeM
PSN:BugleHawkeM

Post by Bugle/Hawk'M » Sat Jun 24, 2006 03:10

How are load times?

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Sat Jun 24, 2006 03:25

From leader select it takes about 2 seconds to load the loading screen then another 5 to actually load characters and stage. Significantly faster than Atomiswave.

Also make sure you have soft focus off, the screen filter processes the entire sprite box seperate to the background. Basically the background that can be seen through the transperancy of the box is shifted 1 pixel down. It is really noticable when walking back and forth.
Last edited by Slapper Joe on Sun Jun 25, 2006 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

freak
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by freak » Sun Jun 25, 2006 07:12

-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by -Defuser- » Sun Jun 25, 2006 07:36

Btw are you guys gona rework the tier list for the Arrange version? We could use some good debate.

MCR
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by MCR » Sun Jun 25, 2006 18:20

Hello.

Only one strange detail:

At the local arcade there's this mutli-game machine that has lots of games (I think it's mame or something).

Scrolling down to see the games I came across a game called MOMOKO 120%.

Did a google search and found this http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?let ... me_id=8732

I don't know if someone has put this in the forum, if someone did, well, I'm sorry to put it again.

Strange...... :|

Perfect Stranger
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Jun 26, 2006 04:51

-Defuser- wrote:Btw are you guys gona rework the tier list for the Arrange version? We could use some good debate.
If someone wants to make a new thread for the Arrange mode tier lists, go ahead, but please make sure to keep it separate from the arcade mode tier lists...

Vegita8888
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Vegita8888 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 07:04

Does anyone think it's way to easy to canel into supers now. It kinda takes the skill out of it when you have like five seconds to canel into your super. Example: The combo for Ramon where he starts with the rolling sabat then jumps on them picks them back up and punches them can cancel to the tiger spinner. In 02, 03, and neowave you must have mad timing to pull this off. In XI its so easy any begginer can do it. There are so many combos like that now. Plus the extra damage from the dream cancel makes way to many characters have 80 to 90% combos. Most of my friends don't like to play team so I'm stuck with single.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jul 01, 2006 09:51

Small question about the PS2 version additional BGMs...

Where are BGM tracks 39 and 46 on the option screen from? I can recognise all the others but I have no clue about these two.