Official KOF XI rant/bash/spam/cry/rave/whine thread

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
flipONE
Charging...90%
Charging...90%

Post by flipONE » Wed Apr 26, 2006 06:24

Can anyone confirm if theres going to be even a US release?

alfmartinez
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by alfmartinez » Thu May 04, 2006 03:52

7d3j wrote:Hope it satisfies my craving for new KoF gaming fun... :mad:

Didn't find much replay value in 2k3... Really enjoying 2002 at the moment.
don't worry
im in the same "channel"
i have some questions, also
where's billy kane?
this game lacks lot of characters, it doesn't have either andy nor joe
why putting a throw-cards guy instead of joe?
why ash is so strong? in order to beat iori, why nowadays are stronger than iori - kyo?
i am looking forward to kof 2k4 neowave, im sorry, this game isn't that big

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu May 04, 2006 04:13

alfmartinez wrote:
7d3j wrote:Hope it satisfies my craving for new KoF gaming fun... :mad:

Didn't find much replay value in 2k3... Really enjoying 2002 at the moment.
don't worry
im in the same "channel"
i have some questions, also
where's billy kane?
this game lacks lot of characters, it doesn't have either andy nor joe
why putting a throw-cards guy instead of joe?
why ash is so strong? in order to beat iori, why nowadays are stronger than iori - kyo?
i am looking forward to kof 2k4 neowave, im sorry, this game isn't that big
sorry, but I totally disagree on your views regarding kof2k3 and XI. '03 brought a new dimension to the game play, Being able to tag in and out to have a better character matchup provides an additional dimension to gameplay. XI just fixed the stiffness, bugs and made it into a very fine and fun game. BC combos in '02 was cool but they prob stole the idea from hacked previous versions of the game (that allowed you to cancel one more to another). How about cheats enabled on Winkawaks? 02' more or less keep the same roster from previous versions.. but then again, it was suppose to be another "dream match"

Introduction of new characters is always a bonus. I don't see how someone can whine about that? It would grow pretty stale if they keep keeping the same char roster....

Ozwald,Duolon,Ash, and the likes give us more variety.. as to Kyo/Iori is strong, and thus is a "Must-Have" in my team. I would actually like to see more characters introduced to counter/rival the existing "heros", or more rather faves.

Ideally, I would like them to keep the old chars in, and bring in new ones.

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri May 05, 2006 00:19

Not hearing much SBO info.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthr ... ?p=3109357 has a bit...

alfmartinez

Post by alfmartinez » Fri May 05, 2006 02:18

sorry, but I totally disagree on your views regarding kof2k3 and XI. '03 brought a new dimension to the game play, Being able to tag in and out to have a better character matchup provides an additional dimension to gameplay. XI just fixed the stiffness, bugs and made it into a very fine and fun game. BC combos in '02 was cool but they prob stole the idea from hacked previous versions of the game (that allowed you to cancel one more to another). How about cheats enabled on Winkawaks? 02' more or less keep the same roster from previous versions.. but then again, it was suppose to be another "dream match"

Introduction of new characters is always a bonus. I don't see how someone can whine about that? It would grow pretty stale if they keep keeping the same char roster....

Ozwald,Duolon,Ash, and the likes give us more variety.. as to Kyo/Iori is strong, and thus is a "Must-Have" in my team. I would actually like to see more characters introduced to counter/rival the existing "heros", or more rather faves.

Ideally, I would like them to keep the old chars in, and bring in new ones.
the fact is that since 2k2 (and neowave) there has been an awful change, that in my personal opinon, i dislike a lot.
i dont care if they add ash gash or mash, if there still be there andy joe NESTS team , etc. the system has enough capacity for more characters? of course, you may put more hidden characters, but not, they prefer to put new and take out olds

so now i'm playing mi2 (because of nice graphics) and looking forward for 2k2

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Fri May 05, 2006 03:58

alfmartinez wrote:the fact is that since 2k2 (and neowave) there has been an awful change, that in my personal opinon, i dislike a lot.
i dont care if they add ash gash or mash, if there still be there andy joe NESTS team , etc. the system has enough capacity for more characters? of course, you may put more hidden characters, but not, they prefer to put new and take out olds

so now i'm playing mi2 (because of nice graphics) and looking forward for 2k2
Your lost then. I have played every version (I started with Art of Fighting) and enjoyed every version. '03 was hard to master....with so many strict and weird hitbox/timings, but when you start getting good with it it becomes extremely fun..

We still have jokers in our arcade playing '02 and refusing to play anything but '02.. and they have been playing it for like more than 3 years? they need to give it a break.. it's dead stale as it is here... Well, if you are having fun with playing and sticking with the old games, kudos to you. For me, I am open to any new 2D fighting game as long there are challengers =)

alfmartinez

Post by alfmartinez » Fri May 05, 2006 04:35

yes, i know your point..
i feel something different in mi2
and as i said before, i don't like this thing of innovating by throwing the old characters away
instead of xi i would prefer another dream match

i've seen this game, as far as i know it's characters are very worked and detailed, but well, half the characters i dislike...

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat May 06, 2006 06:02

SBO finals CONCLUSION!

62 participants san British and French contestants. (Hey I only translate, don't ask me why they did it.)

Gato 41
Kula 38
Oswald 26
Kim 10
Eiji 7
Clark 6
Kyo 6
Duck 5
Ash 5
Maxima 5
Jenet 4
Terry 4
Ralf 3
King 2
K` 2
DL 1
Ryo 1
Athena 1
Yuri 1
Mary 1
Iori 1
Elizabeth 1

Kula + Gato + X(non Oswald) = 17
KGO = 14
K or G = 18

Momoko, Vanessa, Kensou, Shingo, Whip, Ramon, Griffon, Shen, Kasumi, Malin, Benimaru were not used.

Winner of SBO uses KGO. XD
HOWEVER, the runner up uses King/Ryo/Kula! XD*2

Incidentally, the runner up was the Taiwanese champion aka Tiger Lord. (虎爺)
The other Taiwanese rep uses Ralf/Clark/Kula btw.

And yes, only 2 King users and 1 Ryo user BUT the one who used them both got 2nd place!

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sat May 06, 2006 12:56

wow, no shen, and instead there's yuri and mary? hmmm interesting. well good to see that even in high level tourney play, everyone isn't just whoring the top tiers....

although 41 gato is a bit much :(

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Sat May 06, 2006 14:02

If I remember right both the finalists changed one character for the finals. Runner-up didn't use King at all during his previous matches. Character breakdown is about what you'd expect. Does a good job defining top 10 I guess.

Mary player apparently turned a few heads, I might have another look at her.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat May 06, 2006 18:24

Slapper Joe wrote:If I remember right both the finalists changed one character for the finals. Runner-up didn't use King at all during his previous matches. Character breakdown is about what you'd expect. Does a good job defining top 10 I guess.

Mary player apparently turned a few heads, I might have another look at her.
You're right. XD
The champion used Eiji previously while the runner up used Kensou.

Keric
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Keric » Sat May 06, 2006 18:34

No Shen?

Frionel said he used him (K' / DL / Shen). But he also said his Shen got pwned very quickly...

Edit: sorry, I didn't see the
san British and French contestants. (Hey I only translate, don't ask me why they did it.)
(I missed the "sanS")

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat May 06, 2006 18:59

Would be good to hear a field report from frionel.

*NUDGE*

:worship2:

Keric
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Keric » Sat May 06, 2006 20:07

Ok, here's a sum up of what he said earlier on neo-arcadia:

So he knew he had to play against KyokugenDo on the first round (Kim/Gato/Clark) cause he saw it in the Tougeki guide Book (and according to this guide book, this match was much awaited).
And according to other players, "Oooh, Kyokugendo! Strong! Very strong playa! Good luck!".

Frionel prepared anti-Kim/Gato/Clark tactics, BUT KyokugenDo used RALF instead of CLARK. So frionel's shen got raped (that's what he said). He managed to come back with his others characters, but kyokugendo finally won. He said it was very tight and he was applauded, and according to him, he made outstanding things (looking forward the match vids).

Much people (including KyokugenDo) wanted to shake his hand, cause he played well and didn't use any top tiers.
Last edited by Keric on Sun May 07, 2006 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sun May 07, 2006 06:19

Characters the top 8 used.

8强
許 (台湾Tiger)
SASA@SMK (牙刀/クーラ/キム) キャノンショット(奈良県)
りき (クラーク/ラルフ/牙刀) GAME UFO上石神井店(東京都)
キャベツ (テリー/クーラ/キム) ムー大陸稲毛店(千葉県)
陳 (台湾)
マゴ (クーラ/牙刀/オズワルド) 東京レジャーランド秋葉原店(東京都)
アクセル (テリー/オズワルド/ガトー) アミューズメントパークジアス上大岡(神奈川県)
カオル (オズワルド/クーラ/牙刀) ABABA天神橋店(大阪府)

Basically,
6 Kula
5 Gato
3 Oswald
2 Terry
2 Clark
2 Ralf
2 Kim
1 King
1 Ryo

Yes. They didn't put whom the Taiwanese used and I had to find out from Chinese forums. Guess they must be pretty unhappy that one of them got 2nd place. XD

They did acknowledge that he is the strongest Kula (and Ryo user but then again he was the only one who used him. XD) user in the tournament.

Kula = The True God of XI? XD