Gato (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 19:03

AcidicEnema wrote:Gato can juggle into his Kick super after a QCB+K> A (air fireball).
True, but the timing for this is abit insane i feel.. even at the corner.. i have to time the kick.. anytime qcf x2 B is luanch before opponent falls to gato's head level will be definitely a miss and an free gift to the opponent..

Seemed that SNKP intro a new generation of moves like Elizabeth Dp A/C plus Gato's qcb B,A and Oswald's rdp B/D or Elizabeth's qcb B/D..

This is getting interesting.. :smile:

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Dec 31, 2006 05:58

Geese wrote:I guess in XI BnB would be stand D (2 hits), dwn B, super or just dwn B x2 into super

stand D (1 hit), qcb +B, B, stand D, qcf X2 +K combo in the corner still works

he stores supers amazingly fast, with qcb +B, A so he's a good choice to go first

BnB combo without stock would be; Jump D, Down A, Stand C, Qcf C, Fwd Fwd C.

I have seen in videos where the incoming char gets hit by gato's fireball, and gato proceeds to juggle with his Qcf B, B

I cant seem to get the kicks to connect... Anyone kind enough to enlighten me?

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sun Dec 31, 2006 18:18

qcb B, A must hit as a counter around the final frames of the move (or else you can't recover in time to qcb B B)

When I have no skillstock/PowerGauge instead of ending the combo with qcfC, ffC, I prefer to continue trying to mix-up moves and getting random hits in...which add up to quite a lot @@

Typical mix-up games which give you frame advantage is closeD (1hit), fwdA then use the block stun to set up another batch of mixups like a hop JumpB cross-up attempt or simply run forward StandD fwdA again :|

StandD(1hit), fwdB on a crouching opponent will always put Gato on the opposite side with frame advantage.

Once any random hit gets in, end it in a Palm DM which leads to another free mix-up attempt (depending on the distance you run, the roll will end up with you either in front or behind the opponent, the difference where you come out of the roll is only 1 'step' in the run).

Contrary to what most players do...ending a random string of pressure chains with a sweep is the worst option available since it gives the opponent the distance (if blocked) he needs to get out of Gato's attack zone.