Terry (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Mar 29, 2006 17:50

Opp in corner,

JumpD, StandC, dpB, brake, Power Charge D version twice, Power Dunk D version. Takes a chunk out of the stun meter too.

Reittsu Faitu Teri!

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Mon May 01, 2006 00:17

Terry is a good cornerraeper like Kyo is, as AE pointed out. I've had a lot of success with Terry against a few GOOD expert players at my arcade - I even managed to cornerfuck my friend's Kula. If you stay at the magical 1 character width away from the opponent, a Leader Kula can only do TWO things - pray her dp + C will hit, or pray for her LDM to hit, one which is risky as fuck, and the other which will waste 2 bars that she's horrible at building.

This year tho, that BUST DA ROOF is indeed THE twitch move of XI. B version isn't that vulnerable as Tel says it is, it's still safe if the edge of it is blocked. D version is so fast you can ALMOST use it like Shen's old 2k3 SHEN WOO PUNCH to catch people off guard. B Power Dunk is safe against nongrabbers. D Power Dunk is good air to air and is STILL safe against nongrabbers.

Opponent running away from you at the other side of the screen? Throw out a few Power Waves at maximum screen distance. If you see the guy as so much SNEEZE from the Power Wave (read: he HAS to block the Power Wave), do D version BUST DA ROOF. The screen is so wide that now you cannot do the following to counter Terry after an A version Power Wave, or else they'll get BUST DA ROOFed in the face:
- Power Wave cannot be hopped
- Cannot high jumped/shadow jumped
- Cannot be rolled

Unless your opponent has a reflection move, after you teach them the above three conditions, you'll have conditioned them into blocking the Power Wave. If they keep forgetting and keep trying to evade it , BUST DA ROOF their ass. Not sure why this works so well in XI - methinks it's the screen length and the insane speed of the BUST DA ROOF.

Spamming POWAH CHAAJ B version also works pretty well, just like in the Henvoke vids. :smile:

And as someone pointed out, B version Crack Shoot creates a very good "hiccup" in your pressure strings. Results in that oh so important knockdown that makes Terry a monster versus people in the corner.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sat May 20, 2006 17:38

I did some more testing with the viability of the D Buster Wolf and D Power Dunk.

So far I've had it trade maybe 25% of the time, and I believe those trades often resulted in a counter hit favoring Terry (i.e. pretty good damage). But yeah, this thing goes through the weirdest things. I went straight through Athena's Psycho Ball with it, and nailed a lot of "high priority if the hitframe is already there" moves (i.e. whatever Oswald's thing is where he slashes at you and allows a free juggle afterwards, often used to zone you). Terry's horribly messed up if he has full bar and he's last and leader. You can use it as wakeup, or if you see a hole in someone's offense (did they do a pressure string they think they're "safe" from? Buster Wolf that shit)

D Power Dunk, because of its high jump is great to beat certain low jump dependent players with, and because of its angle is good to counter certain distanced things (Power Dunk over fireballs). Also, the first hit of the D Power Dunk gives Terry upper body invincibility, meaning he now has an actual uppercut move he can use as an anti-hop move that's not a super. It's kinda risky, but I forgot if the D version can be braked. Anyone know? If so, then I don't have to worry about people baiting his dp + D as much. Might even be able to sneak in a grab or two after the Power Dunk brake...

Man, it seems like Terry has turned into a "it's a really bad idea to jump against this guy" character...

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by G-Product » Sun Jul 23, 2006 23:56

A good combo he has is

Crouching Bx2, standing B, Buster Wolf
verifiable off of a low hit & flexible

He has more priority in this game. The Buster Wolf works better as anti-air than in 2k3 where the 2nd hit was prone to whiff 98% of the time

His Power Dunk (B) is lower to the groud. More priority as well

I wish he he could combo off of light attacks like in NGBC which made him so good and one of my fav. chars since he could do Crouching B, A, Burn Knuckle (A)

His Power Stream needs a much wider hitbox and if they wont do it just give em Rising Beat back then.

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Mon Jul 24, 2006 00:54

I think Power Stream's a perfectly fine accessible LDM. You can get it off of a broken Power Dunk, and IIRC, the hits still register when used as an anti-air. I'm actually getting a little tired of the Deadly Rave clone DMs popping up these days =P

hanzo_wong
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by hanzo_wong » Wed Aug 23, 2006 08:58

opp in corner:

s C, dp B, AB, hcf D, qcb D(3 hits)... 50% dmg

u also can crossover j D, s C E, d A, hcf B ff B ffB... also about 50% dmg

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:47

Useless info from ages ago that I don't recall ever being mentioned:

Buster wolf can connect after LDM (midscreen.) Not sure on exact situation to get it to land though.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Nov 16, 2006 19:14

Eh, the energy dome seems to be either an OTG or a juggle move if I am reading it right...