Ash (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Hane

Post by Hane » Mon Nov 21, 2005 06:07

Guys, I saw this with my own eyes:

Ash in corner...
hcf+p, dc to ldm, du+d, du+b, bck+b, du+d, du+d, du+d, du+b, bck+d, du+d, du+d, du+d, du+d

Also, jump d, dwn a, dwn a, du+d

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Mon Nov 21, 2005 06:13

back+ B is a lot slower now. Can stuff it with light attacks easily.

-4n'Dant3-
Powering up...89%
Powering up...89%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by -4n'Dant3- » Sun Nov 27, 2005 18:45

ash's fireballs seems smaller and travels slower. this includes his fireball dm, which is pretty much dodge-bait when used from a distance (as if 03 weren't bad enough though. back+b is almost useless now since it comes out very slow.

imo ash seems more reliant on combos now.

VAI
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by VAI » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:00

-4n'Dant3- wrote:yeah, so i got to this topic a little late.

*snip * remy stuff.
remy is ass in 3s, don't compare remy to ash and then say ash is worse.

that means ash would be unplayable cuz remy is bottom tier in 3s.

VAI

Post by VAI » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:03

i havne't had a chance to try this but..

for ash's LDM, is it just press a,b,c,d in sequential order and do the followup after it hits? can you compare a,b,c,d with akuma's raging demon motion(minus the direction)

and for the followup, is there some timing involved with it or just do it whenever the first part connects?

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Nov 30, 2005 15:31

It's not exactly a followup, you can do it separately after you did the LDM. Just make sure that Ash is still flashing when you do it. Not sure how many stocks it takes though.

-4n'Dant3-
Powering up...89%
Powering up...89%

Post by -4n'Dant3- » Wed Nov 30, 2005 16:43

VAI wrote:

*snip * remy stuff.

that's your opinion. not mine.

i use both ash and remy in their respective games and think theyre both awesome. ash is just harder to use in the kof engine, thats all.

watch what you say next time btw.

VAI

Post by VAI » Thu Dec 01, 2005 02:09

-4n'Dant3- wrote:
VAI wrote:

*snip * remy stuff.

that's your opinion. not mine.

i use both ash and remy in their respective games and think theyre both awesome. ash is just harder to use in the kof engine, thats all.

watch what you say next time btw.
remy as bottom tier is not my opinion, it's been part of the 3s tier list for a while now.

now this is my opinion:
i'll post whatever i want as long as i feel that i'm not personally attacking another person.

on topic, ash is a lot easier to use than remy due to small jumps that combo into d+B, or empty jump mixup. and being able to rely soley on small jump mixup and not having the need to use super, as well as the option to give the meter to another person, that makes ash better than remy who in his respective environment..
1)has to deal with parries(which in many cases makes his moves not as guaranteed/safe as ash and his enviroment.
2)has a so-so damage supers with huge super bars

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Dec 16, 2005 16:23

Alright, since no one posted an update on Ash yet. I might as well try.

- New extra Leader move, qcf,qcf+E is a VERY fast Heat Drive (similar to K's 99 SDM). It does pretty good damage, and seals opponent's special moves for about 8 seconds upon hitting. I'm not sure if it's unblockable though. It's possible, since you need 3 stocks to be able to use this move. Very useful against Magaki. :)
- His LDM now lasts for a pitifully short time, about 5 seconds real time or so. Using his qcf,qcf+E automatically ends the LDM mode,.
- b+B no longer combos from light attacks, so no more cr.B twice into b+B. You also can't combo his qcf,qcf+K DM from this anymore, although you can still punish opponent with the DM if they tried to hit you after blocking the b+B.
- For some reason, you can no longer cr.B into f+A. It won't even cancel. cr.A into f+A works though.
- Since you can't cr.B into b+B, you can now cr.b twice > cr.A, > d,u+K. This works even if you started with a jump-in. It's highly recommended you do so to ensure the d,u+K comes out every time.
- Charge b,f+C is slow to launch, and doesn't negate normal projectiles anymore. Pretty crappy now, but it does quite a bit of damage. Still useful if your opponent turtles.
- hcf+C command throw can no longer be chained into (it will miss if you tried a stand A/B>hcf+C), but Ash recovers faster from this move, so you can now do a jump-in or his qcf,qcf+P DM after it hits.
- qcf,qcf+P DM juggles if it hits a mid-air opponent. Since the move doesn't disappear until it gets 10 hits or if it reaches the end of the screen, you can have opponent bouncing like a basketball from one corner to the other.
- qcf,qcf+P has no more invincibility frames on startup, and if Ash is hit before he throws the ball, it will disappear even if the ball was already created.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Dec 18, 2005 16:58

Down B, Down A, Qcf x 2 kick still works.

btw, his jump E (aka Extra strong CD) has pretty good priority.

Back B has sure been slowed down. but u still can use it to poke.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Dec 18, 2005 17:13

I normally cr.B>cr.B>cr.A>d,u+K or qcf,qcf+K.

And yes, his jump E is surprisingly good in air-to-air battles.

His new Leader move is very good indeed. There's a very short startup pause, but Ash doesn't dash forward. He TELEPORTS forward, and if opponent was in his path, it'll hit. The problem is getting 3 stocks to use this in the first place, and I'm not sure Ash is worth putting as team leader, since his LDM doesn't last as long anymore.

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Wed Feb 22, 2006 15:50

guys, any LDM combos for ash while your in the middle of the stage...

other than his hcf c, and qcfqcf b DM...what are his other LDM set-ups in the corner?

shen_vs_galford
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by shen_vs_galford » Thu Feb 23, 2006 06:50

Tel wrote: - Charge b,f+C is slow to launch, and doesn't negate normal projectiles anymore. Pretty crappy now, but it does quite a bit of damage. Still useful if your opponent turtles.
so what does it do to normal projectiles then? Does it just diappear completely?

(Negate here means wher if hits a projectile the other flame still goes on right?)

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu Feb 23, 2006 14:09

shen_vs_galford wrote:
Tel wrote: - Charge b,f+C is slow to launch, and doesn't negate normal projectiles anymore. Pretty crappy now, but it does quite a bit of damage. Still useful if your opponent turtles.
so what does it do to normal projectiles then? Does it just diappear completely?

(Negate here means wher if hits a projectile the other flame still goes on right?)
both projectiles(ash's and someone's) wil just cancel each other out....
his b,f+c is a good wait to bait jump-ins though...

what about that LDM set-up and combos when your at the center of the stage...

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Feb 23, 2006 14:36

_KC_ wrote:guys, any LDM combos for ash while your in the middle of the stage...

other than his hcf c, and qcfqcf b DM...what are his other LDM set-ups in the corner?
after u grab your opponent with Hcf C, u can do:

down, up, B Cancel into back, foward, A, Qcfx2 E

yah, done when the 2 of you are in the middle