Ash (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu Feb 23, 2006 14:49

:D
so thats the best ash can do in the middle of the stage...?

LDM set-ups for cornered opponents...(follow it up with the
d u+bxn...blahblah...)

hcf cxxLDM
qcfqcf bxxLDM

what are the others?

i always manage to forget trying this one...
hcf c, d u+B, LDM when you recover... <= possible?

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Feb 23, 2006 14:57

_KC_ wrote::D
so thats the best ash can do in the middle of the stage...?

LDM set-ups for cornered opponents...(follow it up with the
d u+bxn...blahblah...)

hcf cxxLDM
qcfqcf bxxLDM

what are the others?

i always manage to forget trying this one...
hcf c, d u+B, LDM when you recover... <= possible?
yah, that's the best, but it's a waste of power stock... i rather just supercancel into qcf x2 A after Hcf C, or just jump E.

as for your last question? do you mean u want to activate ldm after you come down from your c,d, u+B? don't think it's possible...

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu Feb 23, 2006 15:07

well, i always forget to try it...

ive got to try that one...i swear i saw a vid where ash did a combo with 2 LDMs, the first one is after a hcf c, and the 2nd one is after a juggled flash kick...that is where i got my idea...

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Wed Mar 01, 2006 06:55

LDM set-ups in corner...

hcf c SC into LDM
qcfqcf b/d DC into LDM

...from a regular combo
you can do jump c/d, d a, d a, u b, C, D, to SC his flash kick into LDM

does his LDM have the juggle anywhere property...
cos i always forget to try hcf c, d u+b, when ash lands LDM...

shen_vs_galford
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by shen_vs_galford » Mon Apr 24, 2006 07:35

I heard while in Sans-culotte mode you can Dream Cancel to his Germinar- is this confirmed true?

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Tue Apr 25, 2006 17:15

Don't know if this is just me but...messing round w/ Ash earlier today on some newb player, trying to show him the ropes of how to play KOF properly and...Is it just me, or does Ash's LDM last longer if it's comboed into? If you activate on it's own, it's only really good for landing the followup now.

But, combo into it and it seems like it has the old 2k3 duration back...

Confirmation anyone?

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Apr 26, 2006 16:32

Shirakani wrote:Don't know if this is just me but...messing round w/ Ash earlier today on some newb player, trying to show him the ropes of how to play KOF properly and...Is it just me, or does Ash's LDM last longer if it's comboed into? If you activate on it's own, it's only really good for landing the followup now.

But, combo into it and it seems like it has the old 2k3 duration back...

Confirmation anyone?
You're half-right. Ash (and any other mode activation) (L)DM lasts longer so long as you're ATTACKING. I found that out today from testing with Gai and Ash. It doesn't matter if you whiff, but so long as you constantly make attacks, the LDM should last its full duration of 15 seconds. On the other hand, if you didn't attack or was getting hit, it only lasts about 5-6 seconds.

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Fri Apr 28, 2006 15:06

Tel wrote: You're half-right. Ash (and any other mode activation) (L)DM lasts longer so long as you're ATTACKING. I found that out today from testing with Gai and Ash. It doesn't matter if you whiff, but so long as you constantly make attacks, the LDM should last its full duration of 15 seconds. On the other hand, if you didn't attack or was getting hit, it only lasts about 5-6 seconds.
I'm going to have to experiment here but...what you're saying is this;

The moment the LDM is activated, if i constantly attack, even if i'm throwing empty A's or B's and punching/kicking air, the mode will last longer? Or is it that i have to be using his specials constantly w/o pause to make it last longer?

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Apr 28, 2006 15:56

Not sure about Ash, but with Gai, I was just pulling his normals and his DM lasted longer than usual. I'm assuming that's the case with Ash as well, since I only had to throw a fireball and make a couple of jump-ins to have his LDM last like 3-4 seconds longer than the default.

kaworuscott
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by kaworuscott » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:05

I love Ash, I have been using his LDM and trying to find good uses:

I have been activating Ash's LDM then jump in mix up D or Dwn B, Dwn A, Dwn up D,cancel first hit into Bck B, Dwn up D, cancel first hit into Bck B, Dwn up D, cancel first hit into Bck B, x infinity

this keeps them on the ground and does some crazy damage, and wondered if there were any set ups?

Also could anyone post/link me to the corner LDM juggle: A hit LDM, launches then what?

Thank you.

shen_vs_galford
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by shen_vs_galford » Wed Jun 28, 2006 04:20

Tried on max in practice mode- Dream Cacnel to Germinar from qcf,qcf+K in Sans-culottes mode is possible...not sure you can do it with out max bars... :(

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Jun 28, 2006 14:54

DCing into the Germinal sounds rather unnecessary. I think anyone with 4 stock bars and full skill bars would rather just SC into the San-Cullotes, do the usual b+D > d,ud+D string, then do another San-Cullotes when it runs out or finish with a Germinal.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Wed Jul 05, 2006 14:46

Ash's LDM can be executed C (hold), A (hold), B(hold), D pressing all 4 buttons almost at the same time which results in an instant execution

so mid screen setups include

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEC01POC9Bc

and corner combos can be executed thus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sStVRoy3a_U

so ive tested it and you can press any button and hold it except D and it will work. So you can do command grab, B(hold), A(hold) run forward C, D or C(hold), A(hold) run forward B, D

I get the best results from doing command grab then holding A,B,C then running forward and hitting D (must be pressing back or neutral direction, when pressing D)

Vastago
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:inb4 lol
Currently Playing:KOF 2k2 UM & BB CS
XBL:hecrob

@_@

Post by Vastago » Sun Jul 16, 2006 07:48

omg... thats an infinite... @_@... and you only need 4 stocks... =S and no skill points... =S

mmm so it seems that ash is a leader... =S

i usually use him as a normal guy... but i cant pressure my opponent with him.. i guess he is not a rush down character....

his E attack is effective... and can be canceled into something else....

can someone give advises on how he should be used? cause i havent seen vids =(

shura
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

Post by shura » Sun Jul 16, 2006 19:40

tell me a thing..that 'shortcut' for the ldm works in arcades?or is a ps2 only stuff?