Shen (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Nov 16, 2006 18:21

Shen Woo's frame data.

I could not find the data for other characters yet. (lazy/selfish japs. XD)

近A:5F   近B:5F   近C:5F   近D:7F
遠A:6F   遠B:7F   遠C:13F  遠D:15F
屈A:4F   屈B:5F   屈C:9F   屈D:12F

E:14F   生6B:14F

伏虎撃(aka qcb P):18F
激拳(aka qcf p)  弱:15F    強:20F    
転連拳(aka qcf/qcb E)     前:22F    後:24F
截攻崩撃(aka hcb, fwd P)    弱:5F     強:9F

絶!激拳(aka punch super):8F   虎豹連撃(aka headbutt super):4F

LDM: 爆真:43F
First row = Close A/B/C/D
Second row = Far version
Third row = Crouching version

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:46

SonicWaver wrote:still not abusable (as Oswald´s df+A on incoming charas) because opponent could just safe roll out of it after the first c.D, right?
Doubt it. But there is a nice little sweet spot near the corner though where it is hard to backward recovery roll out of and a forward roll nets you a free D grab into it again.

Not sure on the headbutt only being one frame faster than standing A. It punishes things a lot easier.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Nov 20, 2006 15:23

I'm inclined to believe it. Shen's standing and crouching A are ridiculously fast, arguably one of the worst in the game. It's only (slightly) less effective because it doesn't have the OMGWTF range that Oswald has, or the ridiculous forward motion of Gai's standing B.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Mon Nov 20, 2006 16:15

Setup combos are good.

SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE -> SHEN WOO AUTOCOMBO. Kinda works like f+B->f+C->SHEN WOO AUTOCOMBO.

I haven't really done it on blocks though, since I'm using the A version more, it gives me a safer range. So I haven't been using the C version since finding the goodness that is called qcf+A. Perhaps if you do SHEN WOO PUNCH LITE C version on block and do the SHEN WOO AUTOCOMBO it would work. I haven't tried that out yet!

Oh yeah, to reply to someone who was trying to do close C->SHEN WOO KICK->SHEN WOO BACKSLIDE, it works, I essentially make it my block combo now (quite safe on all occasions). With f+B there's so many fun things to mess up the opponent, like after SHEN WOO BACKSLIDE you do a SHEN WOO PUNCH or something etc or do a SHEN WOO FORWARDSLIDE and attack further.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sun Apr 08, 2007 19:21

Was this mentioned before? If so, I apologise.

If you manage to deflect a fireball with the Qcb C move and at that moment, the opponent tries to cross you up, you will end up hitting the opponent.

After that has happened, all fireballs are rendered null and void. Doing any fireballs will give you the animation but no balls. XD