Clark (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by SonicWaver » Mon Mar 13, 2006 06:15

i agree with almost everything u said, except that a failed SAB, still pretty much screws any Clark.

*Goodness that i dont know if it has already been posted:

U can combo via: d. B -> standing C (1 hit) and follow with whatever u want.

now, THAT IS something usable (because we all know that in ay other KOF, u just CANT do this with either c. B or c. A, right?)

(d.B into any grab...is good, but Clark has relied on crouching A into any grab in previous versions...so...not a very different thing here this year, still good and abusable i suppose)

*salutes
Last edited by SonicWaver on Wed Mar 29, 2006 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Mar 13, 2006 13:46

SonicWaver wrote:(in case nobody here already knew this)
Talking about Oswald and his LDM while Clark (or pretty much any character) is jumping:

People have previosuly posted that Oswald´s LDM has upper uber priority (which may explain Franz Bonaparta´s rant)
No it was his stand A cancel to LDM that's annoying, as if his LDM wasnt annoying enough. BTW down B, stand C is pretty decent, but i personally use down+A instead, hits faster. QCBx2 D while opp jump dont score full hits but still effective, hell anything that keeps the opp grounded is advantageous for Clark. Yup, hcb run forward, C, hcb+C has become my bad habbit. I do it even when my opp blocks lolz. I dunno but its kinda satisfying if you can do that, even when you just pull it out mindlessly. Ahh yes, can sum1 help how to do geese's trick, stand C, hcb+punch,let Clark gets near opp, hcb+C (DM Shortcut)? I cant pull it out...

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Mon Mar 13, 2006 14:27

hey Franz

if you're cancelling stand C into the hcb punch use the A version for the hcb
but if you're cancelling from stand C, fwd B use the C version.

stand C into hcb is usually more effective.. hope it helps

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Mon Mar 13, 2006 14:51

you have to store the shortcut, i.e. do hcb first, then later, run up and stand c, hcb A/C. This second hcb A/C should perfor the super instead of the shining wizard.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Mon Mar 13, 2006 14:55

actually when I do it the shining wizard actually comes out and helps you get closer to the opponent as well as cancel the last few frames of stand C. So the time allowed for the opponent to jump to get out of the super is minimal.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Mon Mar 13, 2006 16:05

~!T.T!~ wrote:you have to store the shortcut, i.e. do hcb first, then later, run up and stand c, hcb A/C. This second hcb A/C should perfor the super instead of the shining wizard.
No not this buffer, this one i can do. But this one below I cant, thx ne way
Geese wrote:actually when I do it the shining wizard actually comes out and helps you get closer to the opponent as well as cancel the last few frames of stand C. So the time allowed for the opponent to jump to get out of the super is minimal.
Ok so what I do is stand c, shining wizard any punch, when ur near the opp, do another hcb but this one with A? Ok kool, is that guaranteed, given when C hits? Or the opp may have a few frames to react? My guess this is for mind game purposes. So can you do that buffer instead of doing SAB DM u do gattling punch ranbu DM instead? So when the opp jumps they'd eat it and u can resume ur hop mind games again hehe!

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Mon Mar 13, 2006 20:41

Or do what I do, just do three HCBs.

Like this: std C (1 hit), hcb + A/C, then while he's running just keep spamming hcb + P. Yeah I know the execution is scrubby, but the tactic itself isn't if your intention is to actually hit with the DM.

In regards to the miss command grab = you're screwed comment - yeah, it's been pretty much that way since, what, 2k2? I'm used to the slow grab recovery, that just means you have to be more precise and careful with Clark's gameplay. He already has a great set of mindfuck options, so they had to give him SOMETHING that would balance him out... sorta. :grin:

When in doubt, if you have no idea what to do, hop A with Clark. It works.

Geese
Powering up...61%
Powering up...61%

Post by Geese » Thu Mar 23, 2006 15:33

I know d.B, stand C combo was mentioned before and it usually only works on opponent wake up. but his stand B(knee) stand C works as a combo

so clark can do (tried this on griffon)

jump A, stand B, stand C (1hit), hcf D

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Tue Mar 28, 2006 06:56

dwn B std C combo works as a link, wakeup or not I think.

I got hit by it last week. T_T

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Tue Mar 28, 2006 08:42

Iie-Kyo wrote:dwn B std C combo works as a link, wakeup or not I think.

I got hit by it last week. T_T
I thought this move is only guaranteed when performed really really close... say Jenet whiffs that skirt wielding DM, run up close.. do that move voila! Successfuly hitting this move on normal occasions is 5x harder than down A etc etc. Performing this move on characters with big body/larger sprites is easier too, just slighly easier i must say.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 00:38

If you checked what the other people are saying, they're saying in order for the std C to link off his dwn B, you have to do it when they're waking up.

But I got hit by it as a random combo after I whiffed something stupid. Hell, the guy later on went and did a dwn A, crouch C link against me just to emphasize how Clark is back to his omgwtf pre 2k3 self. T_T

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Wed Mar 29, 2006 20:39

Iie-Kyo wrote:If you checked what the other people are saying, they're saying in order for the std C to link off his dwn B, you have to do it when they're waking up.

But I got hit by it as a random combo after I whiffed something stupid. Hell, the guy later on went and did a dwn A, crouch C link against me just to emphasize how Clark is back to his omgwtf pre 2k3 self. T_T
y pretty much do it 50%50 (on wake ups/normal situation)

(although i sometimes miss making it a combo (dunno why... slow hands maybe XD)

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sat Apr 22, 2006 19:20

I don't know why it took me so long to realise this but...

Clark can do his grab after a dwnB.

You don't even have to be very close.

You don't even need a DM. Its his normal hcfB.

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shitttttttttttttttttttttt but its back to 2k3 50/50 grab syndrome for Clark. Its ol' 99 King uh do I block low or jump again.

Havent tried with Ralf yet.

No wonder he's A tier now.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 06:21

J]-[UN wrote:I don't know why it took me so long to realise this but...

Clark can do his grab after a dwnB.

You don't even have to be very close.

You don't even need a DM. Its his normal hcfB.

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shitttttttttttttttttttttt but its back to 2k3 50/50 grab syndrome for Clark. Its ol' 99 King uh do I block low or jump again.

Havent tried with Ralf yet.

No wonder he's A tier now.
Clark could do this in 2k2 and before. Dwn B, wait a short bit, HCF + K. It did get hits on the combo meter, but it was impossible to escape. Clark already had this high-low game before 2k3.

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:04

Iie-Kyo wrote: Clark could do this in 2k2 and before. Dwn B, wait a short bit, HCF + K. It did get hits on the combo meter, but it was impossible to escape. Clark already had this high-low game before 2k3.
I think 2K1 was the first time Clark got this "combo", however I dont think clark is better than Ralf in Xi.... Clark as a Leader should be on PAR with Ralf but not better...