Iori Yagami (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Shirakani » Thu May 18, 2006 01:20

Did slightly more testing, could only squeeze in one game...bleh.

Seems that the initial startup right before the flash has no invincibility at all, but once the frame goes forward and the LDM flash begins, that's when it's fully invincible.

I got smacked out of it trying to use it like a Kasumi/Seth counter. Then i did it a sec earlier against Kula's critical ice and it went right thru it.

So, not AS useful, bleh....but has SOME use i guess, it'd only be good against moves that you can predict coming a split second ahead and you know they're going to have a recovery.

Oh well....so much for the hope of the move being good in a different way :cry:

Makashi_Menace
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Makashi_Menace » Sun Nov 12, 2006 18:22

Ugghhhh still can't get Iori's Qcfx2 Punch DM to combo after his Maiden Masher in the corner.

And I read in several places that Iori can do Stand C -> Fwd Ax2 and get the 2nd Forward A to connect! But I've tried it and can't seem to get it to work. Is it just me, or are the other people just bullsh*ting?

Thanks!

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Nov 15, 2006 13:16

Makashi_Menace wrote:Ugghhhh still can't get Iori's Qcfx2 Punch DM to combo after his Maiden Masher in the corner.

And I read in several places that Iori can do Stand C -> Fwd Ax2 and get the 2nd Forward A to connect! But I've tried it and can't seem to get it to work. Is it just me, or are the other people just bullsh*ting?

Thanks!
Yes you can get a stand C > f+A,A to connect, but you have to be extremely close to opponent, meaning no jump-ins. It doesn't matter if it's in the open or in the corner, you still have to be within Iori's throw distance to get it to connect.

As for the qcf,qcf+P DM, I've gotten it to hit after the Maiden Masher, but I can't get the timing right as well, and more often than not, I miss with it anyway. I kinda figured by now it's just better to QS out of the Maiden Masher instead.

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by SonicWaver » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:40

Makashi_Menace wrote:Ugghhhh still can't get Iori's Qcfx2 Punch DM to combo after his Maiden Masher in the corner.

Thanks!
Here at local arcade, theres a guy who can input it, but he always QS into Iori, somehow, his character always crosses up the oponent with jumping (from the quickshift) back+B, then he ends up infront of the opponent, and inpunts st. C, fwd A.A.into Maiden masher (anywhere on the screen)

Its there.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Nov 16, 2006 16:58

SonicWaver wrote:

Thanks!
Here at local arcade, theres a guy who can input it, but he always QS into Iori, somehow, his character always crosses up the oponent with jumping (from the quickshift) back+B, then he ends up infront of the opponent, and inpunts st. C, fwd A.A.into Maiden masher (anywhere on the screen)

Its there.
You can get Stand C, Fwd Ax2 to connect if you do a cross over Back B.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 01:31

Tel wrote:As for the qcf,qcf+P DM, I've gotten it to hit after the Maiden Masher, but I can't get the timing right as well, and more often than not, I miss with it anyway. I kinda figured by now it's just better to QS out of the Maiden Masher instead.
This is driving me nuts - CAN you or CAN'T you connect his Saika after the Maiden Masher? I keep getting different responses to this, and I've tried a gazillion times to do it, but it never, ever hits. Someone PLEASE explain to me how you get it to work...

orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 01:43

Maybe in the corner?

Or maybe it was done on the PS2 non-arcade setting?

I don't play Iori...

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Thu Dec 07, 2006 02:14

Iie-Kyo wrote:
Tel wrote:As for the qcf,qcf+P DM, I've gotten it to hit after the Maiden Masher, but I can't get the timing right as well, and more often than not, I miss with it anyway. I kinda figured by now it's just better to QS out of the Maiden Masher instead.
This is driving me nuts - CAN you or CAN'T you connect his Saika after the Maiden Masher? I keep getting different responses to this, and I've tried a gazillion times to do it, but it never, ever hits. Someone PLEASE explain to me how you get it to work...
highly unlikely, yah it was driving me mad, but I haven't seen any clips of it being done.. I thought I did it before.. but I wasnt sure... and I havent been able to do it since..

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Dec 07, 2006 08:51

Is it just possible that the times when people think it connects, it connects because the other guy forward rolled?

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Dec 20, 2006 13:45

Doubt it. I was pulling it once on a noob who didn't roll. Period.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 22:58

Tel wrote:Doubt it. I was pulling it once on a noob who didn't roll. Period.
Then could you have possibly OTG'd the guy since they didn't roll?

Details please, details. What button of the Maiden Masher, what button of the Saika. Corner or no corner, etc.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:37

Hmm, I always combo into the Ya Otome using the A button. As for the Saika, I normally use the A button as well. I'm not sure if it was an OTG, since I pulled the Ya Otome right at the corner, so the Saika's flame pillar was actually off-screen when it hit.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Jan 01, 2007 01:35

What character did you do it on?? Character specific???

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Jan 01, 2007 13:23

I really don't remember. That was a long while ago, and I hadn't played KOF in over 2 months now.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Jan 04, 2007 06:30

I don't use Iori. However I do play a lot against Iori players though.

It seems that Iori is almost always used as the vanguard. No surprise as he builds momentum very well. If Iori is able to take out about 1.5 characters, smart defense will often net you the victory. Iori is really a great choice as a character to use when both sides have no meter.

Moves that can be QSed out. Qcb P, (first or second hit) Uppercut and hcb Kick.
For Aoi Hana, the 2nd hit should be used for juggle style moves/combos/LDMs.

Due to low frame count, Iori's stand C is 1337. It is in the same league of Kyo's, Kula's, Shingo's and perhaps Kim.

Done correctly, qcb p *2 can link to dp A, albeit corner wise and useless as you want a non recoverable knockdown when you manage to corner the opponent.

Use his jump D as a reactionary anti air in conjunction with his flame pillar super and Dp C. Kills 80% of all aerial attempts.

This part is a bit fuzzy,
Yaotome has upper and lower body invincibilty depending on which button you use. A is upper and C is lower. His uppercut has the invincibility, but on the reverse though.

Down/stand b (pause), grab is a great trick.
After knockdown in corner, using the above and mixing along with stand D, down A, qcb A*3 or grab straight away works wonders. It makes you thankful that Iori does low damage this year. (although he makes it up with priority.)