Iori Yagami (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 16:29

Overall find him weaken in terms of combo damages, but interms of attacking style he still has many various ways to start an attack.. though his jump hook kick is useless(cannot time), stand C recovery time lengthen and his qcb a speed slowed.. other then that using him like in 2002 is still workable..

still a well balanced character..

btw,
jump C/D, stand C, fw A, maiden masher, (dc) LDM.

just wanna noe is this his most damaging combo?anyone else has somthing better and practical as well?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat Dec 24, 2005 21:52

Can do d.BX2> d.A> Aoi Hana this year.

Extra down B, woot!

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Thu Jan 12, 2006 19:54

DP C super cancel qcf x2 p is easy, and takes off a nice chunk of damage.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Jan 13, 2006 09:41

Iori's Dream Cancel is perhaps the easiest to do, though the damage isn't exactly amazing. He's still ok in XI, but his Aoi Hana has terrible recovery if it whiffs.

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by christensenray » Sun Jan 15, 2006 06:09

Someone want to confirm what combos after Scum Gale? I'm bout 80% certain that far C does, but that could be due to player/CPU mistakes. I seem to have trouble getting far C, Maiden Masher to connect, but could just be me needing to get used to this year's speed flow.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sun Jan 15, 2006 06:32

Far C combos. Can do Eight Maidens/Aoi Hana after that.

*Maybe* even a quick shift.

Gemini83
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by Gemini83 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 04:06

Scum Gale, Far C, Maiden Masher is possible.. onli the moving of the joystick has to be a little exaggerated.. it definitely connects.. but u cant use the rythm done in 02 to do it anymore..

christensenray
Powering up...70%
Powering up...70%

Post by christensenray » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08

Gotcha. Finally got it to connect today. I've also noticed that his sC/sB, f+A, f+A, (qcb+C)x3 connects a lot better than it did in 2k2. His second f+A seems to reach further and come out a little further. You dont need to rely on a crossover in order to do the combo, just a deep jA/B/C. The extra 2 hits makes it easy to QS midway through the Aoi Hana string and much more worth the stock.

4gotten_kazama
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

LDm cancel combo?

Post by 4gotten_kazama » Fri Feb 03, 2006 18:37

Does anyone know the LDm combo so I can swith my leader sometimes...

End Transmission

4gotten_kazama
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by 4gotten_kazama » Tue Feb 07, 2006 22:51

After scumgale I do A I (the scratch) into qcbX3 if I have meter I do scratch C DP into eight maidens hard as hell but I can get it consistantly

Alright I see people say you can get sai... the qcfX2 super after eight maidens how and whats the input is it before the end of the super are while its hitting are is it just regular input at the end with hard timing?

I'm sorry some one help me....

End Transmission

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Feb 08, 2006 02:44

Regular input with hard timing.

Edit: I believe its corner only, tho.

Zaraki Zenpachi
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by Zaraki Zenpachi » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:25

hi forumers,im new in this forum

in terms of ioris low damage,every character in kofXI has toned down damage,the fights are longer than before

so in this aspect,i cannot say his attacks have toned down

iori here is like ngbc iori,one thing you have to keep in mind though is not his C but more his short A punches that can be comboed with qcb+a XA

tapping A from a jump can serve as an overhead attack that can comboed with a,a to crouch b,a, and ..a,a to qcb+a X3 is the cheapest but most deveestating combo,iori can also convert from air to a,f+a to a maiden masher or LDM

his fighting style has change a bit in terms of his new DM which serves as an anti air like terry,actually qcfx2+P DM has 90% chance of hit in the game,although it has short range,but it comes out instantly in the corner,and its really fast to do

he has no new animations for his fighting,but his sprites has cleaned up a lot

no new animations for fighting but a lot in his special intros,its obvious iori's charisma is keeping him in kof,and his original style of fighting

for iori fans,hes got no orochi rage,not one moment where he goes in rage,or turns black when he does aoi hana,or does his nine cups stun

he has only one victory pose now,he doesnt do the laugh anymore,and his voice is lower and much more serious,so iori is more serious than before

his LDM ends with a big explosion now,his fire doesnt turn red anymore,and the animations and sound for his fire is the only thing new,his fire is blueish now,and he does show a LDM spark when he does his LDM only in the last moment his hand reaches you,the sound starts and he slams you to the floor and picks you up

he is best when fighting with magaki,the last boss because his jump back+B is a killer,i defeated magaki because his ariel jump D is crazy,he can leap over the rest of magakis nonsence and dive right on his head,his crouch B,A,qcb+A x3 is crazy

iori's main fighting style has already been so dominant,if he were to have more improvements,he would already be a sub boss level,his fighting style could match almost everyone

Perfect Stranger
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Wed Feb 08, 2006 19:11

Hi, welcome to ON, please enjoy your stay...

Couple of pointers before the more harsh members of this board sink their fangs into you:

- This forum is a based on technical discussion of the KOF XI game. This means we talk about strategy, priority, tactics, attack strings and setups, etc. Posts about how cool a character looks, why he has no Orochi rage animations, victory win poses, etc, have little place here, especially in character specific threads which should be almost entirely on how to play said character.

- For less serious discussion of such (I hesitate to use the word "fan") issues, please consider either this thread or the KOF/Capcom General Forums.

- Iori's flame pillar DM (qcf x2 p) is actually rather subpar for an anti air measure, since it is slow to come out and is easily interrupted. It works best if you predict correctly that the opponent is going to jump, or if you super cancel it from a DP C.

- Iori is generally regarded as being at least 2-3 tiers away from the top tier characters of XI, for good reason - less damage, nerfed crossover kick, removal of 2k3's 50/50 command grab/low b mindgames, etc. You are free, however, to dispute this, especiall in the top tiers thread

Once again, please enjoy your stay here at ON...

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:41

AcidicEnema wrote:Regular input with hard timing.

Edit: I believe its corner only, tho.
hmm, I havent got it to connect. I timed it such that it came out straight after the rush DM...and the animation just came out and went through the opponent. and yah, this was with the opponent in the corner..

can someone verify that this actually connects? Meh, I spend 1 hour too many trying.. and if it's comboable, I would definitely be able to pull it out.... will try playing around with the A and C versions next time...

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:48

I'm kinda surprised Iori's Kuzukaze stun time is so short. You can link it with a far C, but it must be done immediately upon regaining control of Iori. Be late by even half a second, and opponent can block it. Kinda risky to use in the open now.

Iori may be nerfed, and he feels clumsy (controls wise) compared with 2k2, but he's still one of my serious characters, mainly because I can beat out a lot of jump-ins with his jump D. Even top tier characters like Eiji, Oswald, Kula and Jenet can't match Iori's jump D if you do it in response to an opponent jump-in.