Ryo Sakazaki (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Ryo Sakazaki (XI)

Post by The Green Herring » Fri Jun 10, 2005 23:53

Talk about the karate master who just remembered how to cut a bottle with an open hand once again here.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Sat Jun 11, 2005 05:18

Reduce lag from 2k3.
Retain his LDM's priority.
Improve his damage.

*screws the fierballers/jumpers, etc..*

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sat Jun 11, 2005 05:23

This guy will probably remain on my team this year...pretty stable and easy to use for a scrub like me :3

He does have a new move, though, done by HCF+K. It's an elbow charge of some sort. The command for his Raijinsetsu (formerly QCF+K) might have changed, or has it been removed?

The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

BIIRUBIN-GIRI!!

Post by The Green Herring » Sat Jun 11, 2005 06:11

ShadowSonic wrote:He does have a new move, though, done by HCF+K. It's an elbow charge of some sort. The command for his Raijinsetsu (formerly QCF+K) might have changed, or has it been removed?
If the name is true (ビール瓶斬り -- "Biirubin-giri," or "Beer Bottle Cut,)" the hcf+K may actually be a chop and not an elbow. Oh, and the Raijinsetsu's command is now dp+K, I think...

Phoenix
Charging...8%
Charging...8%

Post by Phoenix » Wed Jun 15, 2005 06:39

Since Terry has his MOTW look, shouldn't Ryo get his NGBC Mr. Karate look by now? Ditto for Robert the Mafioso.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Jun 15, 2005 06:58

Well, Robert isn't even IN the game to begin with :X

I don't really mind Ryo keeping his old sprite, really.
That reminds me - with the return of CD attacks, Ryo regains one of his powerful tools - his lightning fast CD attack. Hopefully it's just as good as before :)

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Wed Jun 15, 2005 13:43

Ryo rules!! :P

Beer Bottle Cut? Not exactly the best move name is it?
Are his trademark HCB+K and f,b,f+Ps still around?

Moriya
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by Moriya » Wed Jun 15, 2005 20:00

7d3j wrote:Ryo rules!! :P

It's probably a homage to the AOF1 Bonus Stage.

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Wed Jun 15, 2005 20:45

Yeah... for some perverse reason, I played AoF1 & 2 after KoF2002...

The graphics made my eyes bleed... :D

The Green Herring
Charging...50%
Charging...50%

CHOUSENSHA ARAWARU!!

Post by The Green Herring » Thu Jun 16, 2005 03:34

Moriya wrote:
7d3j wrote:Ryo rules!! :P

It's probably a homage to the AOF1 Bonus Stage.
It is. It was the Bonus Stage in which you had to time a button-press when the meter was full to make Ryo/Robert slice off the tops of several bottles in a row with a swipe of the hand. Otherwise, they would knock one or more of the bottles down. Success in this stage would mean an increase to your Stamina Gauge's length. The other two Bonus Stages were "Hyouchuu-wari" (氷柱割り -- "Icicle/Ice Pillar Split,)" in which you had to rapidly tap the buttons to amass enough power to break several blocks of ice stacked atop one another to gain an increase in your Life Gauge's length, and "Chou Hissatsuwaza Denju" (超必殺技伝授 - "Super Special Move Initiation" or "INITIATE SUPER DEATH BLOW" as the English version puts it,) in which you had to successfully perform the Haou Shoukouken a number of times on a target in order to be able to use it in all matches afterward (you could use it either way in Versus Mode.)

Interesting was the way you'd be introduced to them; a white screen would appear with black kanji on the screen and its English translation below, accompanied by a sound effect and then a man screaming out the title of the stage ("HYOUCHUU-WARI!!" "BIIRUBIN-GIRI!!" "CHOU HISSATSUWAZA DENJU!!") The same was repeated for AoF2, and the Fatal Fury Special team used it too; a short time into the Winner screen after defeating Wolfgang Krauser, if you fulfilled the requirements to fight Ryo Sakazaki, a screen just like the ones in AoF1 would appear, including sound effect, with 挑戦者現る (Chousensha arawaru -- "a challenger appears") and "THE CHALLENGER." In the English version, the FFS announcer shouts the English text; in the Japanese version, the same guy from AoF1 announces the kanji. :smile:

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Tue Oct 25, 2005 16:24

So yeah, Beer Bottle Cut is actually in this game, you don't have bottles to cut though. Just that when Ryo hits the opponent, you can hear a slicing sound.

The move is done by hcf+K, and the weak version can connect from a close C. I do not know whether you can followup anything afterwards or SC it. It doesn't knock the opponent down. His old qcf+K is now done as dp+K.

I heard somewhere that Ryo's f+A is cancellable but I haven't done that myself. I'll check it out when I have the time.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 14:05

Ryo got another new move it seems. It's an unblockable move, basically he sorta charges up and then does a punch. I saw the CPU do this a few times. It works a bit like Larf's dp+P just that it doesn't seem to charge that long.

And CPU Ryo seems like a bitch to play against just like 99 and 2k.

7d3j
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%

Post by 7d3j » Wed Oct 26, 2005 15:32

Alright! Go Ryo!! :P

Many new sprites for this fellow? With gloves right, any other changes?

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Oct 27, 2005 06:19

*Punch of God* still dizzies?

If the DC from a SCed ranbu works, I suspect that the LDM will suffer from some sort of damage scaling.

Hey, if it dizzies, so be it.

SnapYak
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by SnapYak » Mon Oct 31, 2005 20:27

That Ryo unblockable punch is from Buriki One I think. Anybody know the command for it?

8)