K' (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
I love kula
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by I love kula » Fri May 26, 2006 18:56

Iie-Kyo wrote:
I love kula wrote:ive just noticed that this k' has the most similarity with the k' in 01, he can almost do everything that he could in 01 and more. if he had the backstep Minute spike that would be awsome because of the range of the minute spike in xi.
IMO this K' is actually a bit weaker than '01 K'. The stuff he can do, yeah, it's kinda like '01 K', but his speed and power (outside that Heat Drive on counter hit) seems kinda lacking. I'd take '01 K' over this K', only because of his insane speed off the Ein Trigger into the B Blackout - you could play some crazy mixup games with it, also his Second Shell followup doesn't seem to have the wtfhitme lag that it does in XI - if they got rid of that (but don't make it scrub friendly like in 2k3) he'd be pretty solid.

K's kinda like an "has the right tools to be good, but other characters can do it much better" kinda character.

i think k' has some pretty good mixups...usually i had alot of troble in previous kofs to get hits in, now i have no problem, i think k' in kof xi is better, combo wise, and in mind games...

I love kula
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by I love kula » Sat Jun 03, 2006 17:54

Is this possible: Crow Bite>air Minute spike x2?

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:42

Kula looks friggin ugly in MaxImpact2

K' may not have had the mixups in previous KOFs but the priority on his normals blew away most of the roster

his XI dfD gets kinda risky too...in the end I basically just stick to jumpB/Cs or empty jumps into dwnB, dwnA... which was basically how I played him in previous KOFs anyway, sans the insane jumpD and anti everything stand CD

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Tue Jul 04, 2006 18:05

here are 2 different combos with the same damage.
for the first one you need 1 skill and 1 stock
for the second you only need 2 stocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raWT2OjtwWU

-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by -Defuser- » Sat Jul 22, 2006 17:00

Btw you guys do know that K' can do a Qcf c => qcb k => qcf qcf k at the corner or a dp C => qcf k? i remember well some guy use that on me

And i still can't juggle with his qcb K after a df + k => qcb K

alexis
Powering up...44%
Powering up...44%

Post by alexis » Mon Jul 24, 2006 04:06

^^^ Actually, in order for the dp+C, f+D, qcb+K to hit, it seems that only the qcb+B will hit (D version comes out slightly slower it seems).

But unlike doing just the qcb+K in the air, I'm having a horrible time comboing into the LDM in the corner. It seems the timing is just bad, and it won't combo. Then again it could also mean it's me.

-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by -Defuser- » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:12

alexis wrote:^^^ Actually, in order for the dp+C, f+D, qcb+K to hit, it seems that only the qcb+B will hit (D version comes out slightly slower it seems).
uhh no i mean you can do a Dp C => F+B => Qcf K(Air Trigger),i saw one guy done it before but i can't seem to do it and that combo you posted i already know it.

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Mon Jul 24, 2006 18:30

J]-[UN wrote: his XI dfD gets kinda risky too...in the end I basically just stick to jumpB/Cs or empty jumps into dwnB, dwnA... which was basically how I played him in previous KOFs anyway, sans the insane jumpD and anti everything stand CD
his df+D is not risky bc you can cancel it into qcb+K if it hits or qcf+K if opponent block it, and I dont understand why you dont use it bc if you make your opponent bloking low bc of the dwnB dwnA combo you wil be able tu use the dfD.

Vice Vecta
Almost there! ...74%
Almost there! ...74%

Post by Vice Vecta » Wed Jul 26, 2006 00:23

I just found this at CX and I'm sure you guys might like to discuss about it.

5 minute spikes on air? WTF! lol

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Jul 26, 2006 03:05

That's a very comprehensive vid. Thanks for the link.
Some pretty WTF stuff in there...

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:18

I noticed characters tend to drop faster than usual after 5 juggle hits, if you pull off gato's qcbB x5 after QS him in after tizoc's dfD, qcfx2 B, or after K's 5th minute spike (QS him in after elizabeth's qcf, hcbB DM sets him up for 5 quite well).

I notice after the 5th juggle hits, the opponent's characters tend to suddenly drop slightly faster.... I still think K can do more than 5 MS in the air (though I haven't been trying to pull it off ^^) because there still seems to be enough distance from the ground to pull it off...

dobiq --> cancelling his dfD on block to an air trigger is asking for a free combo...any character with a grab/fast DM/ fast standC can retaliate. dfD is a good move...but not one I would overuse against a decent opponent.

MCR
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by MCR » Thu Jul 27, 2006 04:52

Just when I thought K' users can't get any better.....:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9b1Fw2g ... h=KOF%20XI

Damn, this guy has creative videos on his profile there in youtube.

Very very creative.

cube
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by cube » Thu Jul 27, 2006 15:14

That's a nice combo :salute:

Superbabef
Is it a bot?

Post by Superbabef » Tue Aug 01, 2006 16:07

Hi
Youtube acces is block (I've only use internet at work).
So if someone know a directory where I can download some K' combo video or anybody else vid tell me, save me please!!!

Thanks.

PS: Si quelqu'un de l'ile de la reunion passe par ici, un PM et hop on prend contact MDR!

-Defuser-
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%

Post by -Defuser- » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:58

Superbabef wrote:Hi
Youtube acces is block (I've only use internet at work).
So if someone know a directory where I can download some K' combo video or anybody else vid tell me, save me please!!!

Thanks.

PS: Si quelqu'un de l'ile de la reunion passe par ici, un PM et hop on prend contact MDR!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DWOP7BKN