sure you can...in fact thats a basic string for medium-advanced Oswald users

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Aug 20, 2006 04:41

hey, I was wondering, how do you guys normally do the following df A in the combo where u wire the opponent and then have him in front of you?

I can only do it a few times. the df A usually whiffs. Ok having said that, I know how to start it with a Qcf D and have Ozzie touching the corner. Question is:

Do you just just hold back and time it?

Or tap back at the "right moment" in this case, it's all about timing, I cant ask much then.

Or hop back (double tab back) as seen in one of those youtube movies?

Also, after landing the df A, I know delaying the qcb punch is vital for the qcf B to hit. but would using the A or C version depends on how high/low you hit the opponent with the df A, and how near/far and high/low the opponent is when the hcb punch hits? I would like to stick with one way for now, till I can get it out all the time, before considering all scenarios.

I can do the double wire when opponent is midway in the screen, but am still trying to get the hang of it in the corner.. really hard to practise as opponents keep challenging.. meh. Someone please enlighten me =)

Edit: Also, can someone please tell me how to effectively change sides such that I can do just the qcf B after the opp flies over you from the wire?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 06:15

Derrick wrote:hey, I was wondering, how do you guys normally do the following df A in the combo where u wire the opponent and then have him in front of you?
Pure timing for me.
Derrick wrote: I can only do it a few times. the df A usually whiffs. Ok having said that, I know how to start it with a Qcf D and have Ozzie touching the corner. Question is:

Or tap back at the "right moment" in this case, it's all about timing, I cant ask much then.

If you start the combo with a qcf+D your back will be in the corner anyways, no need to hold back. The double back thing doesn't work for me, never seem to have time, the way SSStar does it is after a QS MT combo, and it gives you more slightly more time.
Derrick wrote:
Also, after landing the df A, I know delaying the qcb punch is vital for the qcf B to hit. but would using the A or C version depends on how high/low you hit the opponent with the df A, and how near/far and high/low the opponent is when the hcb punch hits? I would like to stick with one way for now, till I can get it out all the time, before considering all scenarios.

I can do the double wire when opponent is midway in the screen, but am still trying to get the hang of it in the corner.. really hard to practise as opponents keep challenging.. meh. Someone please enlighten me =)
I always use qcb+A, and SSStar (the author of 'those' youtube videos) uses A version too. If that's the one they use, that's good enough for me =)

I would definitely like to know the mid screen double wire combo that you use, please enlighten ME!
Derrick wrote: Edit: Also, can someone please tell me how to effectively change sides such that I can do just the qcf B after the opp flies over you from the wire?
I can never run into the corner, stop, and do qcf+B into blah blah ACE in time in double wire corner combo; I keep getting the damn dp+B card overlap.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sun Aug 20, 2006 07:41

Kane317 wrote:
Derrick wrote:hey, I was wondering, how do you guys normally do the following df A in the combo where u wire the opponent and then have him in front of you?
Pure timing for me.
Derrick wrote: I can only do it a few times. the df A usually whiffs. Ok having said that, I know how to start it with a Qcf D and have Ozzie touching the corner. Question is:

If you start the combo with a qcf+D your back will be in the corner anyways, no need to hold back. The double back thing doesn't work for me, never seem to have time, the way SSStar does it is after a QS MT combo, and it gives you more slightly more time.
Derrick wrote:

I always use qcb+A, and SSStar (the author of 'those' youtube videos) uses A version too. If that's the one they use, that's good enough for me =)

I would definitely like to know the mid screen double wire combo that you use, please enlighten ME!
Derrick wrote: Edit: Also, can someone please tell me how to effectively change sides such that I can do just the qcf B after the opp flies over you from the wire?
I can never run into the corner, stop, and do qcf+B into blah blah ACE in time in double wire corner combo; I keep getting the damn dp+B card overlap.
thanks for the input. much appreciated.

as for the midscreen double wire. jump C crossover, Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf D, Whiff the Qcf A, opp flies over you, wait, yah i really mean wait,then df A, and wait again. then qcb C, qcf B/D (I normally do B version for Ace). If u do D version, I still believe in some situations you can whiff a Qcf A... but someone mentioned that you cant keep him bouncing off the wall. I did ask, but I never got to try it out.

Can someone test out the following?

i mean, imagine this scenario.

Left Boundary = L
Right Boundary = R
Ozzie = O,
Opp = B
- = some "units" of distance..

You start of in these possitions:
L -----O-B---R

After first wire Opponent on doing ur df A:

L---O---B-------r Considering the screen moves right to try to centre the chars.

Just After 2nd wire/qcf D.

L-------O--B----r.. This is where I figure a problem might arise.. Oswald would be too near the wall to whiff his qcf A...

But someone has to test it out.. Probably someone with a PS2 port? My Atomiswave kit + Astro2 wont be in til mid week.. until then, I just have to test it out when I hit the arcade.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 08:18

Derrick wrote:

as for the midscreen double wire. jump C crossover, Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf D, Whiff the Qcf A, opp flies over you, wait, yah i really mean wait,then df A, and wait again. then qcb C, qcf B/D (I normally do B version for Ace). If u do D version, I still believe in some situations you can whiff a Qcf A... but someone mentioned that you cant keep him bouncing off the wall. I did ask, but I never got to try it out.

Left Boundary = L
Right Boundary = R
Ozzie = O,
Opp = B

L -----O-B---R

L---O---B-------r Considering the screen moves right to try to centre the chars.

L-------O--B----r.. This is where I figure a problem might arise.. Oswald would be too near the wall to whiff his qcf A...

But someone has to test it out.. Probably someone with a PS2 port? My Atomiswave kit + Astro2 wont be in til mid week.. until then, I just have to test it out when I hit the arcade.
Definitely you'd be too close to the wall.

With your back near the wall, use qcf+B if you want the opponent to wire back into the corner, to set up for some corner combos (Think ACE or df+A into DM/LDM combos)

With your back near the wall, use qcf+D if you want to attempt the double wire combos.

If you start in the middle of the screen, use qcf+D coz he steps back a bit, making the distance between the wall and Ozzie greater, and thus giving you enough time to whiff the qcf+A. Note the opponent will fly behind you after the wire, letting you juggle with df+A.

If anyone else knows some good scenarios please pitch in.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Sun Aug 20, 2006 14:13

Kane317 wrote:
Derrick wrote:

Left Boundary = L
Right Boundary = R
Ozzie = O,
Opp = B

L -----O-B---R

Definitely you'd be too close to the wall.

With your back near the wall, use qcf+B if you want the opponent to wire back into the corner, to set up for some corner combos (Think ACE or df+A into DM/LDM combos)

With your back near the wall, use qcf+D if you want to attempt the double wire combos.

If you start in the middle of the screen, use qcf+D coz he steps back a bit, making the distance between the wall and Ozzie greater, and thus giving you enough time to whiff the qcf+A. Note the opponent will fly behind you after the wire, letting you juggle with df+A.

If anyone else knows some good scenarios please pitch in.
huh kane? u are confusing me.. didnt you ask me how I did my mid screen double wire? It's pretty much as good as it gets. Another combo you might want to try is the tech roll after df A, and perform Qcb C, Qcf B, Ace. But double wire doesnt require a skill stock.

Remember the unblockable infinte that was mentioned earlier? I wonder after the whiffed Qcf A, is it possible to do Stand A, df A... you know the rest.... hmmm.....

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:51

Derrick wrote: thanks for the input. much appreciated.

as for the midscreen double wire. jump C crossover, Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf D, Whiff the Qcf A, opp flies over you, wait, yah i really mean wait,then df A, and wait again. then qcb C, qcf B/D (I normally do B version for Ace).

huh kane? u are confusing me.. didnt you ask me how I did my mid screen double wire? It's pretty much as good as it gets. Another combo you might want to try is the tech roll after df A, and perform Qcb C, Qcf B, Ace. But double wire doesnt require a skill stock.
Hehe Ozzie is definitely a confusing character.

Ok I guess what I was saying was after the second wire, you'd be too close to the wall to whiff a qcf+A after the second wire, leaving you with qcb+P as the only choice? What do you do after the second wire?

So in the mid of the screen:
Jump crossover C, d+B, d+A, qcb+A, qcf+D, qcf A (whiff), opp flies over you, df+A, (delay) qcb C, qcf B/D, opp flies over you again, qcb+C into LDM?
Derrick wrote: Remember the unblockable infinte that was mentioned earlier? I wonder after the whiffed Qcf A, is it possible to do Stand A, df A... you know the rest.... hmmm.....
After the first whiffed qcf+A, you could prolly do df+A, qcf+B, qcf+A, qcf+B, qcf+E (ACE corner combo) but it depends on the location of the screen where you first whiffed etc...

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Tue Aug 22, 2006 14:30

Kane317 wrote:

as for the midscreen double wire. jump C crossover, Down B, Down A, Qcb A, Qcf D, Whiff the Qcf A, opp flies over you, wait, yah i really mean wait,then df A, and wait again. then qcb C, qcf B/D (I normally do B version for Ace).

Hehe Ozzie is definitely a confusing character.

Ok I guess what I was saying was after the second wire, you'd be too close to the wall to whiff a qcf+A after the second wire, leaving you with qcb+P as the only choice? What do you do after the second wire?

So in the mid of the screen:
Jump crossover C, d+B, d+A, qcb+A, qcf+D, qcf A (whiff), opp flies over you, df+A, (delay) qcb C, qcf B/D, opp flies over you again, qcb+C into LDM?
Derrick wrote: Remember the unblockable infinte that was mentioned earlier? I wonder after the whiffed Qcf A, is it possible to do Stand A, df A... you know the rest.... hmmm.....
After the first whiffed qcf+A, you could prolly do df+A, qcf+B, qcf+A, qcf+B, qcf+E (ACE corner combo) but it depends on the location of the screen where you first whiffed etc...
omg.. sigh, you still don't get what I mean...u were the one that asked me how to do the double wire, but what I don't understand is, why (in the last two replies) are you telling me how to do it?

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 23:14

Derrick wrote:
omg.. sigh, you still don't get what I mean...u were the one that asked me how to do the double wire, but what I don't understand is, why (in the last two replies) are you telling me how to do it?
Haha. Ok, when I asked you about the double wire you replied with this:

But if you do QCF+B/D, the SECOND time, you'd be too close to the wall to whiff another qcf+A. What I'm saying is, that the double wire combo you're talking about, does NOT work if you're doing two sets of QCF+A (whiffs). You can however do QCB+C after they fly over you and do LDM.

The only known situation, to me at least, to do two wire combos, with two whiffs, is when Oswald's back is in the corner.

Why is it important to do two whiffs after each wire? Coz it enables you to do another set of his diamond/clubs/hearts (ACE)/Spade chains.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Wed Aug 23, 2006 04:48

Kane317 wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Haha. Ok, when I asked you about the double wire you replied with this:

But if you do QCF+B/D, the SECOND time, you'd be too close to the wall to whiff another qcf+A. What I'm saying is, that the double wire combo you're talking about, does NOT work if you're doing two sets of QCF+A (whiffs). You can however do QCB+C after they fly over you and do LDM.

The only known situation, to me at least, to do two wire combos, with two whiffs, is when Oswald's back is in the corner.

Why is it important to do two whiffs after each wire? Coz it enables you to do another set of his diamond/clubs/hearts (ACE)/Spade chains.
huh? wouldnt it be considered a second wire when you perform your 2nd QCF B/D? I am not sure your terminology is the same, but for me, a wire combo is one where the opp bounces off the wall. so double wire means opponent bouncing off the wall twice.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Wed Aug 23, 2006 07:11

he's not talking about the qcf B/D part of the combo, but about the qcf A whiffing after the second wire and that after the second wire, a qcb A/C is a better, more consistent option

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 09:25

~!T.T!~ wrote:he's not talking about the qcf B/D part of the combo, but about the qcf A whiffing after the second wire and that after the second wire, a qcb A/C is a better, more consistent option
That's precisely what I'm saying. Technically Derrick is correct, he did list a double wire combo. I guess what I was trying to say was, and just as TT pointed out, was that you can't do the second whiff combo. My apologies.

Kane317
Almost there! ...39%
Almost there! ...39%

Post by Kane317 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:34

Derrick wrote:nasty combos of the week which I saw in the arcade.

2nd combo:
ff
Opponent anywhere (as long he ends up in front of u after the wire), after the wire combo ending with Qcb A, Qcf B/D, Qcf A (whiff).....

Do this: df A -> cancel into technical roll (AB), Qcb C, Qcf B, Qcf E. 100% Ace.
One of the youtube video illustrates this well; in fact, it was done in a real match! So I went ahead and tested it myself, it's a nasty combo alright.

Oswald's back in the corner:
d+B, d+A, qcb+A, qcf+D, qcf+A (whiff), df+A ==> GC (Guard Cancel) AB roll, df+A (Again!), qcb+A (C can be used by the timing is slightly different), qcf+B, qcf+E ACE! 75-80% combo, one stock used.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Fri Aug 25, 2006 05:15

Kane317 wrote:
~!T.T!~ wrote:he's not talking about the qcf B/D part of the combo, but about the qcf A whiffing after the second wire and that after the second wire, a qcb A/C is a better, more consistent option
That's precisely what I'm saying. Technically Derrick is correct, he did list a double wire combo. I guess what I was trying to say was, and just as TT pointed out, was that you can't do the second whiff combo. My apologies.
sorry for the confusion, didn't mean to be that "techinical" but I cant help it...sorry =)

My atomiswave + astro city cab just rocked in on Weds.. anyway, I did some quick testing last night, and well, I managed to whiff the 2nd wire. but I cant make it back in time to hit him. I am doing Qcb C, Qcf D for the 2nd wire.. I am pretty sure I did it a few times..(and no I don't think I was dreaming =) heh ).

after the 2nd wire, I am quite close to the wall, but the opponent seems to bounce off higher than usual. and I delay my df A such that I can do Qcb C, Qcf D straightaway (no delays between the two moves).. Can someone check it out as well? I would do more testing when I get home from work tonight....

contro
Is it a bot?

Post by contro » Fri Oct 13, 2006 20:30

is it at all in any way possible to qcb+b wire effect into a LDM or one of Oswald's DM??