Duo Lon (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Feb 11, 2007 15:03

sorry, i forgot to say that when they're crouching, the standard ldm combos whiff after a certain point, and this one doesn't, so yeah :P

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun Mar 04, 2007 17:15

Derrick wrote: HH B: This is one of his best corner trapping starters. It beats Opponents jump attacks in an attempt to trade blows with you. E.G Clark's Jump A/C/D.
It comes out faster than Maxima's Stand C/D. Very very useful move. You can normally (and safely) repeat this block damage string, HH B, down A, Qcf A x 3 (vary the delays) or do "Qcf A, Fwd B, Dp B.... then Dp B" or Stand B to poke, then HH B again. repeat string, or just normal grab. OTG dp B.

HH E is good for trading blows... even better when you do the slow fireball DM and know you oppoenent would jump. Depending on the char, High Shadow Jump E should be used instead.

Sigh, there isn't anyone that can use DL here.. Oh AE, I wish I was in SG, then I know how to improve DL when I fight DL.. argh....
After playing in SG, I would to emphasize that DL's HH B is UBER!!! It even beats Terry's buster wolf (dependin on height and pos). In fact, My DL could fight Maxima/ Gato/ Kula when both players are last char.. LDM FTW!!!

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:42

Maybe they just werent used to losing out to duolon in priority lolz...

From my experience his HH B is still inferior to Kyo's / Kula's/ Eiji's hyperhop Bs (in Kula's case, C).

He's also a lot more vulnerable to spammy StandC/Ds upon landing since the block stun is pretty poor :(

Haven't tried to beat Buster Wolf with any short hop attacks though...when I see a Terry with meter, I jump HIGH HIGH :D

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Mon Mar 05, 2007 16:57

J]-[UN wrote:Maybe they just werent used to losing out to duolon in priority lolz...

From my experience his HH B is still inferior to Kyo's / Kula's/ Eiji's hyperhop Bs (in Kula's case, C).

He's also a lot more vulnerable to spammy StandC/Ds upon landing since the block stun is pretty poor :(

Haven't tried to beat Buster Wolf with any short hop attacks though...when I see a Terry with meter, I jump HIGH HIGH :D
Hello, I wasnt meaning to put DL's HH B in the likes of spammable hop attacks. It loses to a lot of stuff, but knowing when to HH and high jump B, C and E helps a lot.

I wouldnt want to HH B into eiji, it usually ends in a bad tradeoff. In short, there are times when you dont want to go Air Vs Air the opponent.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Tue Mar 06, 2007 04:36

lol ok, its just that when I saw u going "HH B IS UBER IT BEATS BUSTER WOLF I can beat MGK" I was like "errr..........." :D

iMuYa_
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3

Post by iMuYa_ » Sun Aug 26, 2007 18:15

and i tink so far, he's the oni guy tat can do a 99 hits, oswald's oni up to 86 if i dun rmb wrongly~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJjRS00wkXY

video's quality nt very good, but i tink if u guys are here u shld noe roughly wad's going on? :D

or alternatively..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjEAQTgeuQ

dint believe my frien when he said u cant breakfall after his qcbx2+A special, and after opponent's on the floor, a poke on his body. whenevr i do tat, i always laugh, even now lol.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Derrace » Mon Aug 27, 2007 03:05

iMuYa_ wrote:and i tink so far, he's the oni guy tat can do a 99 hits, oswald's oni up to 86 if i dun rmb wrongly~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJjRS00wkXY

video's quality nt very good, but i tink if u guys are here u shld noe roughly wad's going on? :D

or alternatively..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjEAQTgeuQ

dint believe my frien when he said u cant breakfall after his qcbx2+A special, and after opponent's on the floor, a poke on his body. whenevr i do tat, i always laugh, even now lol.
99hits can only be performed on mid bosses, shion and final boss. It's just a flashy combo. Do bear in mind that more hits != more damage.

I normally use Stand C in my LDM chain. Only this chain would allow for 100% combos.

and I think you meant hcb x 2 punch DM =)

keyth
Is it a bot?

Post by keyth » Tue Jul 15, 2008 14:44

I've started to play with duo lon and I can't do his dp+K xx (qcb,hcf+P_hcb,hcb+P)!

Some times it seems I can buffer the move before the DP+P, but I can't seem to get it, help would be appreciated! thanks!

Dark Geese
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Dark Geese » Tue Jul 15, 2008 22:23

Good thread thus far for beginners, intermediates, and experts alike. Need to comment on some things though. First, the way to beat Gato with Duo Lon is to stay on him in the air. Don't let him get on you...if he does get him off you immediately. I use St.E and st.A if Gato wants to start getting into his traditional HH D stuff to get him off me. If I stay in the air with HH E and C overall Gato has to do rising kick super to punish me. If not what more can Gato do to punish you with this?

Force Gato to use CD/E Counter to get you off him or just beware if he wants to get you off him with kick super. This matchup is not totally helpless for Duo Lon..DL can control the flow of this matchup.