Duo Lon (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu May 25, 2006 03:16

sorry derrick...

but i also experience those problems regarding the LDM combo...the 2 most annoying things that happens to me is after the down c, fwd a, when i teleport even if i used b i end up miles away, the other problem is when opponent is cornered sometimes when you teleport you appear at the back...

about the first situation, i also dont get it why it happens...it happens to me when i do 2 palm into leader...

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri May 26, 2006 22:50

Can anybody get d.B>d.A>qcf+P> (delay) f+B> hcb+C to connect consistently? Is it character dependent? I can get it pretty easily against Shion, but not against anyone else.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat May 27, 2006 00:56

hcb+C tends to miss unless you did the combo from a cross-up, or just used a single crouching A.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Sat May 27, 2006 11:41

Dude. Read the last 2-3 pages of posts. Delaying the f+B allows the palm to connect from more situations. Stand C, d.A*2 are both very possible, without a crossup.

Like I pointed out, d.B>d.A> Delayed Palm combo is very possible against Shion. I'm asking if its possible against other characters.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun May 28, 2006 04:59

ack, couldnt get it yesterday....i either delayed it too much and the palm didnt come out or i didnt delay it enough and it whiffed.....still, it's probably just my dodgy timing though

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sun May 28, 2006 08:11

AcidicEnema wrote:Can anybody get d.B>d.A>qcf+P> (delay) f+B> hcb+C to connect consistently? Is it character dependent? I can get it pretty easily against Shion, but not against anyone else.
hmm, I can connect the palm combo with 2 down As most of the time, but you really have to delay it to the max. Really not worth the risk. There's a safer way of landing a extra down A; after the delayed combo you can land 2 down As as opposed to the usual 1.

and I tried, down A x 2, palm combo, down A x 2 into qcf A combo. 2nd down A after the palm combo always whiff... be it in the corner or anywhere else.

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Tue May 30, 2006 04:50

what can duolon do after blocking gatos' stand d when gato comboes it into a forward a? the d(1hit), forward a can be interrupted easily by other characters with DPs, Fks, etc, but how do doulon deal with this...

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Tue May 30, 2006 23:53

_KC have you tried stand A? Can't really try, since most Gato's here've stopped doing stand D> f+A, in favour or just mixing up stand D> hop B and stand D> d.B.

Another set up for the double palm combo would be to simply roll past the opponent when he's doing a semi-laggy move.

Crouch C has some frames where DL goes *really* low, and dodges hop attacks like most crouch B's do. The easiest way to see this in effect is to do a late c.C versus Maxima's hop C. So far, i've only been able to combo qcf+P*3 after. Anyone want to try cancelling the c.C into LDM> Combo?

duolon_2005
Charging...76%
Charging...76%

Post by duolon_2005 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 20:13

Did his Transmigration Stomper change when he was moved into XI?

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sat Jul 15, 2006 03:08

I've started doing dwnA, standC, qcfB (in favour of dwnA, qcfA, fwdB, qcfB) a lot after activating his LDM...you can repeat this 8 times after the initial dwnA ,StandC and like the latter version, you will end up facing the same direction you started the combo with.

So if you want to end up BEHIND the opponent, leave out 2 dwnAs (just do standC, qcfB instead), and you'll be able to squeeze out one extra teleport, leaving you behind the opponent's back :D

And we all know what you can do from behind ^^

I've noticed (a long time ago) if you start the LDM combo from behind an opponent (eg after a double palm strike), doing dwnC, fwdA messes up where the opponent is supposed to be and you end up teleporting half a screen away...so stick with qcfA, fwdB , qcfB as the initial starter.

You can even do (dwnA , standC/dwnC/standD, fwdA, qcfA, fwdB, qcfB) loop but since the fwd A is rather laggy I tend to dislike using it in the LDM....or you can leave it out entirely.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Sun Jul 16, 2006 05:11

ok well, here's what i found out about the LDM combo:

if you delay the fwd B, hcb C, then super cancel to the LDM, if yo decide to do the crouching C, fwd A variation, you will end up teleporting away from the opponent, disallowing any followups. However, if you dont delay it at all, then crouching C, fwd A, qcf B *should* work regardless on the direction they're facing.

another variation is to just do crouching C, teleport. This ends up crossing up the opponent after the teleport, and you can do the standard down a, qcf a, fwd b, teleport after that. This is especially good if you're iffy about which side you'll end up on after teleporting near the corner (so you dont have to worry about *not* crossing up the opponent and doing the moves the wrong way)

ok, so here's the amount of times the dwn a, qcf a, fwd b, teleport chain can be repeated in any of these variations. mind you all of these, if done nowhere near the corner, will always end up crossing up the opponent.

*after dwn a, qcf a, fwd b, hcb c, LDM:

1. crouching C, fwd A, qcf B, (dwn a, qcf a, fwd b, teleport) X6
2. qcf A, fwd B, teleport (dwn a, qcf a, fwd b, teleport) X7 (so 8 altogether after the LDM activation)
3. crouching C, teleport, (dwn a, qcf a, fwd b, teleport) X7

in the latter two, the double palm combo can be easily done after landing behind the opponent. However, it is possible after the first option, but somewhat harder

damage differences are very, very minute, but if you must know, option 2 is the most damaging, followed by option 3, then 1.

edit: and oh yeah, forgot to mention that the LDM combo works on crouching opponents only when they're near the corner
Last edited by ~!T.T!~ on Sun Jul 16, 2006 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

Shirakani
Powering up...15%
Powering up...15%

Post by Shirakani » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:21

I should point out that after option #1, ie the 'default' LDM combo everyone's used to, if you're not cornering your opponent, you'll always end up at their back after the very last repitition (which should end exactly at 63 hits). The LDM mode will expire RIGHT after the f+B, which means if you do hcb+C it will only hit once.

I got bored enuf one day to macro record the entire LDM combo too. Well, not record all of it as it only allows 10 sec of recording time. But you can manually place the tiles for the remainder of the combo.

One button 84hit combo for teh win, lol.

hanzo_wong
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by hanzo_wong » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:28

u can also try something else...when u r in corner and opp crouching...activate LDM and : d C, f A, teleport, (d A, qcf A, f B, hcb C) cont doing till LDM finishes...cute

hanzo_wong
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by hanzo_wong » Wed Jul 19, 2006 06:40

found a nice LDM combo: after LDM d C, f A, teleport, (d A, s C, qcf A, f B, teleport)x3, s C, qcf A, f B, hcb C, d C, f A, anything you want... the LDM will stop exactly during the f A...a total of 74 hits if you end it with (d A, qcf A, f B, hcb C)x2, qcf A/C x3...

on crouching opp, anywhere on the screen u can use d C, f A, then d A,
qcf A, f B, hcb C, (qcf A, f B, hcb C) x till you reach corner then do other combo cos qcf A, f B, hcb C does not work in corner during LDM...

_KC_
Charging...80%
Charging...80%

Post by _KC_ » Thu Jul 20, 2006 08:03

what i want to know, is an LDM combo from his stand c, df d, LDM...what do you guys do? crouching/non-crouching opponent in the middle of screen, crouching/non-crouching opponent in corner