Sie Kensou (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Wed Mar 15, 2006 21:09

SonicWaver wrote:

qcf+p: Havent found interesting uses for it, if done to close to the opponent, it leaves u open (this move in 99 was da bomb, it was totally safe, and if done near, it was a 2 hit move) Just 1 hit this time.

Question, has anyone found any usable SC on Sie?
I actually found that qcf+A is pretty safe when done from distance
doing c.B->c.A->qcf+A I don't think the opponent was able to punish...or they just didn't react in time. This of course also combos if it hits

hop C is an amazing air move, great priority, surprisingly large hitbox so it's relatively safe to just j.C when you can't think of anything else to do

dp.K's auto-guard is pretty horrible this year. it doesn't start when you do the motion, but a little bit after...right before the move hits

while I haven't found any super cancels, I've found:
dp.P->qcf, hcb+K is nice and really easy to do
dp.K same thing
you can do foward+A->dp.K, but forward+A is a little short and has no forward movement so it whiffs a LOT
however, forward+A is a great move from what I can tell, though I've yet to finish experimenting

s.closeD->f.B->qcf,qcf+P combos. Great combo IMO since f.B has a good amount of hit stun (since the move itself is relatively slow) and is extremely easy to verify into the super. Unfortunately it's hard to get a standing close D sometimes without a knockdown

you can also cancel f.B into air qcb+P. Unfortunately since the move is somewhat slow and steep angle, it's allways whiffed for me
Has anyone been playing as Sie or actually seen some live action of him being played well? I'm kinda interested in him this year.
you and me both :(

anyway, I'm out of time at the moment, but I'll be back later today

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Mar 15, 2006 23:51

Because there really isn't much to say. Shoto buffers off d.D, reset mindgames off dp+P, air qcb+P pressure, good normals all around.

dp+K is baloney this year though, autoguard could very well be gone totally.

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 06:04

Slapper Joe wrote:Because there really isn't much to say. Shoto buffers off d.D, reset mindgames off dp+P, air qcb+P pressure, good normals all around.

dp+K is baloney this year though, autoguard could very well be gone totally.
completely agree with dp.K
fortunately though, it is REALLY easy to combo into it. I believe it will actually hit from any range if you linked it from a normal. Not sure about the differences from B to D version...it doesn't look any slower, any more auto guard...maybe it's got more distance?

I think I saw the computer do this once...

c.B, c.B, f.A, dp.K, hcf+K... could have been c.B, c.A though
not sure if that's correct notation (c=crouching) I'm used to a number system :wink:

anyway, back to where I was earlier today
dp.P gives him some really nice mind games, and nice combo-ability
qcf, qcf P is nice on wake-up from what I've noticed...basically an unblockable dragon punch when you have been knocked on the ground....though I could be mistaken. Most of the time you can just replace using this super by using dp.P and then qcf, hcb+K for damage. however qcf, qcf+P does so much damage that you might want to do it anyway, plus...it's just really nice to look at :P

like a previous poster said, hcf+D is a really nice anti-air, and after trying it out, I'll have to agree, not to mention one of the better follow-ups to his launchers

I was talking about his air qcb+P earlier, and never got to mention something that I was thinking about...I was thinking this might work for nice mix up/pressure but have yet to test it

close D(or C), f.B, air qcb+P and dp.P(or qcf,qcf+P of course) or c.B or hop C when you hit the ground. might work...but might be too slow to really do anything, and if it does work...it might be one of those "one time...onnce you've seen it, it won't happen again" things

from reading some about him, it seems his qcb+P is one of his defining moves, or at least was in previous games, but I really think that kensou now has the tools in this game to lay the pressure on

I'd like to know the differences between his qcf, hcb+A,B,C and D other than the obvious "one's on the ground, the other's in air"...damage difference? length? angle?

also, what is the glowing property of his LDM?

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 06:09

also, I'm VERY happy to see he's somewhat high in the tiers this year (allways liked him, never really got into KoF till now) but I'm sad to see that there's not any good videos out there of him....

so if possible...if anyone has any...please link them or message me on AIM
Weeeeee2002

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by SonicWaver » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:18

im guessing dp B has crouching autoguard while dp D has standing autoguard (just guessing, i´ll experiment more through weekend)

*Senkki Hatsukkei (qcfx2+A/C) lacks TONS of grab distance this year (and the most horrible i´ve ever seen)

(i cant even c.A into it, it just doesnt grab the opponent) so u must be sure u are sticked to ur opp. and sure that u will connect it, else, dont even try it.

(i remember good old´e 97 times where u could do s.C (2 hits) fwd.A and still connect qcfx2 +A/C...*misses it)
like a previous poster said, hcf+D is a really nice anti-air
SonicWaver here, nice to meet u XD, ill try to answer some questions u left:

* qcb+P after a fwd. B is not possible, although qcb+p attacks quite fast, it is slow at it´s beginning, thus u cant combo it (Kensou had never been able to combo it (it´s quite hard and just on some opponents if so) on any year, im sure) (cuz ive always wanted to do so, it looks so cool XD)

*qcf+C leaves u open if opp. is near u and blocks it (lots of recovering time)
and its distance reach is like 2/4 of the screen (u cant connect a qcf+C at full screen range) while qcf+A´s reach is like 1/4 of the screen, tops
I´m thinking qcf+C damage is a little bigger

*I´ve already talked about hcb A/C´s properties b4

*I myself am not 2 sure about his LDM.
It makes him stronger (i was against Adel and connected it, then i did s.D, fwd. A, hcf B and damaged him more than the usual.

Still, i´m very disapointed, it is hard enough to connect the LDM, and yet the powerup stands for only about 10 / 15 secs (i thought it was like 2k2, where the power ups stands the whole round)

I dont know if any of his DMs become SDMs if powered up.. (its a chance, couldn´t try it)

I´ve tried to SC qcfx2+P with qcf hcb B (so it connects after the small wire damage at the end of the senki hatsukkei) but i never could cancel it. (i guess it doesnt SC or im not making it right XD)

*salutes
Last edited by SonicWaver on Fri Mar 17, 2006 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 19:41

SonicWaver wrote:im guessing dp B has crouching autoguard while dp D has standing autoguard (just guessing, i´ll experiment more through weekend)

*Senkki Hatsukkei (qcfx2+A/C) lacks TONS of grab distance this year (and the most horrible i´ve ever seen)

I´ve tried to SC qcfx2+P with qcf hcb B (so it connects after the small wire damage at the end of the senki hatsukkei) but i never could cancel it. (i guess it doesnt SC or im not making it right XD)

*salutes
I'm pretty sure I've auto-guarded an air attack with dp.K before, but I'm not sure

with *Senkki Hatsukkei (qcfx2+A/C), I think the problem you might be having is it'll only combo after certain things...I've been able to get
s.D, f.B, qcf,qcf+P every single time.
I've also played kasumi, and it seems that she can't connect her counter after certain things...for instance
s.C, f.A, hcb+D works while
s.C, hcb+D doesn't
so maybe that's the problem that you're having?

as for the wire damage, I don't think it's at all possible to do anything after it, the angle of it is just way too small

few more questions...mostly about QS this time...

can you QS after dp.K...I don't think I was able to any time I tried, which is annoying since kula can do it after her launcher >_<
qcf,hcb+P?
what about qcf qcf+P....I know it blasts them away, but the super keeps them there for a bit
can you QS after dp.P?
now for other questions about the follow-ups to his launchers

let's just use dp.P for now
is it at all possible to catch with qcf,qcf+P?
I think in previous years you could qcb+P after a launch, is it possible this year? pretty sure you can't outside the corner, what about inside?
would dp.P, hcf+B SC qcf, hcb+D work? if the hcf+B would just knock down on first hit, what about qcf+P?
I've seen some other characters juggle after knocking out of the air (kasumi with her counter, gato hitting out of the air with jump D, land, super etc.) can kensou do this at all? something maybe like

dp.P, hop C (or whatever might send them into a reset position, since that seems to be the time they'll actually be hit by supers) then qcf, hcb+K?

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 19:42

oh, and still waiting on videos :P

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Sat Mar 18, 2006 06:38

anyone?
I'd mainly like to know about QSing from specials and supers, if he has any

that and juggling from dp.P and dp.K
is it possible to launch, jump C (or something that'll reset) and then super? (qcf,hcb+K?)

is it at all possible to catch someone out of the air with qcf,qcf+P

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Sun Mar 19, 2006 05:50

standing E any good?
j.E?

standing E seems like it's got good range, but also maybe a little slow....how's the priority? any use of a poke? I know he's not much of a poke character but maybe :P

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Mar 19, 2006 05:52

Please don't triple post. If you need to add something to your post use the edit function.

SonicWaver
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by SonicWaver » Sun Mar 19, 2006 07:24

im back from some XI kensou plays

my analysis;

Dp B/D both have standing autoguard (tried against Adel reflecting some choykyuudans on me) so i still dont get the difference between both.

j.E and s.E have just the same priority/animation they´ve always had,

j.E=excellent in air to ground battles (not slow to me, IMO)
poke? just hopping and against crouching opps.

j.E is not cancellable into air qcb+P this year (tried it and nope...i guess thats something in XI system, i couldnt cancel any j. E into an air special move from any character that had air special moves)

S.E= it forces oponnents to wait 4 ur attack, it also makes kensou do a little backstep before he hits (abusable and effective against grapplers)

juggling:

anything can connect from dp. P (except qcfx2+P, tried it several times on corners and on mid stage, no success)

i dont know about the resseting options, never tried

after dp+K i can only connect a j.E or qcf.hcb+D (never tried the B version)

Also havent found any SC

U can do j. A/B/C/D, s. C/D, fwd.A, qcf hcb+B (i didnt risk to do D version)
and connects beautifully

and i had a surprise:

VERY CLOSE s.D, fwd. B, air qcb+A connects (qcb only gives 1 hit to most characters although it should give 2 hits on the animation)
but it leaves u wide open and its not pretty safe (and not worth the dmg), i never could continue it with c.A + qcf+A

Air qcb C version doesnt connects (as i previosuly said, too slow beginning)

*qcf+C is more damaging than A version (can somebody confirm this?, i just checked once)

i suppose the LDM only gives a strength powerup (i did qcf.hcb+D and got the same move, no SDM)

still, u receive the same scaling damage as without it...(as on 2k2) a so cool animation LDM...and not pretty worth.

//
edit: to Geist comments:

after dp+p everything connects (Except grabs) for what i see, just need the move to b fast; im sure i once conected qcb+A
(i havent connected dp-K after p.p, mostly because dp.k comes out SLOOOOOW.
(i had the idea from kof99 Kensou´s infinite combo, but i guess not´s gonna happen this year...)

*Well, Kensou has had the same E animations since KOF 97, i guess im just used to its capabilities

4 best performance on j.E, push E immediately after jumping, so the slow animation frames give u the air priority when on the maximum height.

if kensou is already on air and somebody attempts to jump after u, if u´ve already began doing the E animation, surely u will win (its hitbox hits diagonally down)

*fwd.B:well..in some KOFs (i remember 2k2) people have done s.D, fwd.B, s.D, fwd. B, qcfx2+p but mostly on enormous characters (due to coliision boxes)

s.B after fwd. B may be possible, test and tell us! (altough i might never use it, i rely on standing D A LOT more than any other button (and here, they %$"#%/!"#%@ me because of that)

*i still never could combo fwd.b into qcfx2+P XD (im just bad then XD)
i connected it, but not on combo (mostly because characters hit u after fwd.B but qcfx2 cancels their hit)
Me noob XD

*well...Kensou had kinda a fireball super on 2k2. it was his HSDM, similar to LDMs this year. The fireball was a lot lot faster than his normal ones, but in 2k2, Kensou doesnt have any dp. P juggling moves :S.

(he launched his fireball, and then it returned a bit slow towards him, if the fireball hits Kensou, he gained the powerup (same as the effect on XI´s LDM)

Still and lastly, u should anyway try all your ideas, i may be wrong or mis-timed on some combo/move approaches
*salutes
Last edited by SonicWaver on Sun Mar 19, 2006 08:40, edited 5 times in total.

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Sun Mar 19, 2006 07:48

j.E=excellent in air to ground battles (not slow to me, IMO)
poke? just hopping and against crouching opps.
I was only talking about standing E being kinda slow...though I only did it once so maybe I was just mistaken. I'm not used to the KoF fighting system so most of the time I just think of the E button as an extra button for supers, and rarely use it otherwise (cept for after launcher)

I remember reading somewhere that you could connect s.B after f.B...is this true? or is it only for block strings?

speaking of f.B, I think it's amazing. It doesn't seem like it should be that great, but the blockstun/hit-stun is just amazing...completely safe on block (maybe not against throw characters..but you should still be able to jump)...I'm gonna continue testing out linking f.B to other attacks...I know qcf, qcf+A connects, but that also might be because it cancels the lag after landing...but there's hope :P

P.S. what about qcb+p after launch (in corner of course) do you have enough time to do qcb+A? does it bounce? I think I remember kensou doing this in a combo in a previous year...unless it was his super-fireball (if he had one)
for the most part this is my first KoF, so I know relatively nothing about previous incarnations of characters

oh, and sorry for the post spam up there...I'm just very excited about this character

hanzo_wong
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by hanzo_wong » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:05

best combo for kensou would be (when you tag in) is j D, s D, f A, dp K, rdp D, SC DM...

geist
Charging...35%
Charging...35%

Post by geist » Mon Mar 20, 2006 16:41

hanzo_wong wrote:best combo for kensou would be (when you tag in) is j D, s D, f A, dp K, rdp D, SC DM...
rdp+D is hit spin into the air thing, right?...what can you SC from that?
(i havent connected dp-K after p.p, mostly because dp.k comes out SLOOOOOW.
I believe it was cr.B, f.A, dp.K that I saw the computer do, of course, f.A is sometimes unreliable, so use at your own discretion...or maybe I just wasn't canceling fast enough (I had that problem with cr.A, cr.A, qcb+A with oswald when I tried playing him, but only because I wasn't doing it fast enough...maybe that's the case here)

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Tue Mar 21, 2006 14:12

geist wrote: rdp+D is hit spin into the air thing, right?...what can you SC from that?
You can SC into qcf,hcb+D right before he leaves the ground, pretty much just like in 2k2.