Is KoFXI too easy to play / does it have too smooth controls

Strats, combos, technical discussion.

Are the game controls and combos too easy?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 19, 2007 16:10

Yes, definately make them harder again. Any scrub can beat me now x_x
No votes
No leave it that way! I have a weak execution and in XI even I can do some combos now!
50%
It should be a mix of KoF2k2 feel and KoFXI ease of use.
50%

Total votes: 12

G-Product
Charging...69%
Charging...69%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by G-Product » Fri Jan 12, 2007 22:29

It seems harder to verify combos from light attacks in every other game but XI. For example with Ash, cr. Ax2, Flash Kick all day in XI. Not so much in every other KOF.

Derrace
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:derrace
PSN:derrace

Post by Derrace » Sat Jan 13, 2007 18:01

Blastrezz wrote:
Derrick wrote:Combowise, 2002 has the craziest and hardest combos.
I agree. 2k2 has insane combos but I think KoF2k doesn't stand much behind it in terms of craziness. 2k2 is a little harder because you lack the striker of course but I think 2k feels so damn tight that I myself cannot even play this anymore nowadays ^^ It's just too hard. I'm fighting more with the controls than with my enemy.
Derrick wrote:Anyway, that's that.. I am waiting for my kof XII kit =) It says jan 31st, but I seriously doubt it would be released on time.
Dude where does it say 31st January? I'm really interested on which company writes crap like that.... For the reasons you already said that's quite or let's say totally impossible. It hasn't even been previewed in Arcadia magazine.

--Blast
hmm, you can already order it at coinopexpress. Well, the date it gave was 31st jan, like I said earlier, no screenshots, no character roster, no intro vids or pics. I aint hoping for much. Heh, it's either a nice plasma tv for my bedroom, a new com (I have 3 in my room already) or this kit for my Astro city =)

BeastSoulEyes
Is it a bot?

Post by BeastSoulEyes » Tue Jan 23, 2007 02:12

I voted no. Maybe this kof is not as difficult as you would have liked it but now i can have some fun playing it with my friends and for the first time they find that a kof can be really spectacular (Thanks to the Switch System), how having smoother control can be a bad thing?

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Wed Jan 24, 2007 20:53

I honestly don't know how to respond to your answers. My execution is average, and I could do some of the stupid stuff for BC Mode combos in 2k2 (Kyo has some fucked up juggles in MAX mode), but to me it doesn't really matter. All three systems were fine to me. The reason why 2k might have felt "clunky" was because the game ran slower, therefore your combo timing had to be changed. It wasn't smoother or worse, it just ran slower.

2k2 ran at crack speed, and therefore required you to execute at crack speed for a lot of combos to pull them off consistently.

XI runs at a speed less than that of 2k2. What you're referring to is the stupid amounts of hitstun light attacks have in XI that make it somewhat abusable for certain characters (*COUGH*KYO*COUGH*). This in some aspects makes combos easier, and I am kinda disappointed they made certain difficult links more or less "chain combos", but it doesn't really do anything remarkably game breaking to the characters that can do it (minus Gato the whore).

So my vote is that I don't really care - the three systems felt fine to me and as long as they don't bring it back to the stupid half baked, half assed, piece of shit control system that 2k3 had I'll be fine.