KOF XI PS2 Challenge Mode FAQ

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Vegita8888
Charging...8%
Charging...8%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by Vegita8888 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 09:40

Wow my first post. Just like to say thanks for the FAQ. The one where they made you fight 3 of the mid bosses was really a pain.

shen_vs_galford
Charging...15%
Charging...15%

Post by shen_vs_galford » Thu Jul 20, 2006 13:14

Kagura wrote:I'd like to thank you for the FAQ, as I've been able to do nearly all of the challenges by now because of it.

Also, I'd like to submit an alternate way as to completing the Robert challenge. Instead of tossing out fireballs or even blocking, I preferred using the somersault. Duck the high fireballs, use the low somerault over the low fireballs, and by timing it just before it hits you, use the high somersault over the double fireballs and you won't be hit at all. Once you get close enough to King you can just use your somersault move to hit her when she's preparing to fire her projectiles. I found this challenge much easier by using this method.
thanks a lot for the tip! :3 i beat king thanks to what you wrote in my 3rd try (used fireballs in first try which killed me). although what's funny is in my 2nd try i did d,u+K the last time when the timer reached zero but i got hit by the double strike when it just turned 0 so i lost :oops:

and a good tip is if you have a stock you can use his ranbu C version, which has invincibilty. I'm not so sure if you should use a Haoh Shou Ken yet..maybe.

Lynko
Charging...85%
Charging...85%

Post by Lynko » Fri Jul 21, 2006 14:35

Well, a Haohshokoken wouldn't last long enough to really benefit you, since you'd just knock her down and that's it, plus you risk getting hit. With Ryuko Ranbu though, you'd get way too close with no option to move back but get hit, but I guess that if you really need those seconds, go for it. The point is to win from a time out anyway, not kill her.

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Wed Jul 26, 2006 15:20

Ranbu's a generic name for any character's DM that results in a long string of hits that your character does to your opponent. Examples are Ryo's qcf, hcb p and Iori's qcf hcb p.

Dream cancel is the act of cancelling a DM into a Leader DM. It takes one skill point to perform.

orochan
Charging...35%
Charging...35%
A.K.A.:Leona addict
Currently Playing:Gyakuten Kenji, Yakuza3, GH5
XBL:orochan
PSN:orochi_leona

Post by orochan » Thu Jul 27, 2006 08:04

easy way to beat challenge 31

pick shion, move up to them, throw spear at the giant rock in the sky... then push C before it hits them for a combo

2 hits, over 50%

Makashi_Menace
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Makashi_Menace » Sun Sep 03, 2006 15:44

There are 2 challenges that I cannot clear, no matter how hard I try... The "Mai vs Girls" and the "Geese vs Terry" ones.

I m not a good Mai user, and even worse at using Geese. :-(

Oh well... Those 2 characters got unlocked automatically anyway.

Gojira
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:Twit
Currently Playing:Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, WWE 2k16
XBL:Gojiraaa
PSN:Gojira_X

Post by Gojira » Sat Oct 07, 2006 14:03

Challenge 20: I lose to Elizabeth in the first round, then continue. This sometimes sets the random AI to easy and everyone just stands there and gets hit.

Challenge 40: There's a way to cheat through it. Figure out the delay timing between Terry's moves, then pause as soon as he starts. If you see him doing anything other than his power wave startup frames, then unpause and immediately do the counter.

Makashi_Menace
Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by Makashi_Menace » Thu Nov 09, 2006 08:02

Recently, I managed to clear the Mai challenge rather easily, due to the fact that I have played KOF XI for a rather long time and am more or less used to what the AI would do.

Ditto for the Geese challenge. Cancelling his counter-moves into LDM isn't as hard as expected. LMAO

Ratix0
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by Ratix0 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 16:03

Hm Challenge mode is interesting, been playing it yesterday. Made me do quick shifts more naturally now...

One thing I do to clear the long combo Ryo challenge is pretty simple <_<.

I picked shen and Kyo, keep quick switching between each of their BnBs, Kyo's C, f+B, Dokugami Chain, 2nd hit quick shift to Shen, C, f+B, QCF+C, QCF,QCF+B, quick shift on 3rd hit, repeat.

Foxhole
DESU!
A.K.A.:Himono Onna/Easy Prey
Currently Playing:with Atenolol.
PSN:ELT-Jurippe

Post by Foxhole » Fri Aug 10, 2007 08:31

Pretty simple QS combo to beat the Ryo 50% and 80% regen challenges.

Kyo/Shen

Start with Kyo Jump C, qcf C, hcb C, QS Shen Air C, Stand C, fwd B, qcf A, SC qcf x 2 D, 3 rd hit quick shift Kyo Air C, Stand C, Qcf DD, qcf x 2 a.

If you feel like it you can DC the last DM into his LDM.

It seems hard, but considering I fail at QS this was shockingly easy to do.

Charging...23%
Charging...23%

Post by 1718 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 04:51

thanks for the great tips. :kiss:

Dyango
I'm not a bot! :3
I'm not a bot! :3
A.K.A.:Nazi or something
XBL:evilemperornezz

Post by Dyango » Wed Jan 23, 2008 17:15

Major thanks for the tips here, guys. o/