KOF XI tier list.

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 02:31

One thing that's great about XI - even tho the S-Tiers are a bit higher up than the rest of the class, the distance between the As and the E/F tiers isn't as big as it was in 2k3. All of the lower tier characters have the capability of messing up the higher tiered characters, especially if they're rarely played at the arcade for people to learn the counters against them.

I'd place B.Jenet and Ash like... in B+++++++++++++++ tier tho. Those guys are, ugh. :-(

Franz Bonaparta
Powering up...7%
Powering up...7%

Post by Franz Bonaparta » Wed Apr 19, 2006 04:15

Im pretty sure the top five-six chars are as follows:
1st Gato(for sure)
2nd Kula(Goddess but not as good as Gato)
3rd Oswald(b/shit damage,invincible LDM)
4th Eiji(simple yet deadly)
5th Jennet(a bitch to fight against)
6th Kyo(gah KYO!!) IMO these six chars are @ the S/A tiers, rest of the cast is ether B+ or below!!

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Wed Apr 19, 2006 04:22

One thing to note though is how Athena and Eliz went up one/two tiers. Its hard to tell on this tier list if it is because of their LDMs, or simply because of innovations in their normal play. Eliz, naturally belongs in C... its only amazing how long the Japs had her pegged at E. Athena tho.... ionno.

I think Syo will rise to *at least* the top of E class, tho I can see why he's there with his shitty stun and stamina levels. =p I just don't see him being worse than Whip and Momoko, tho.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 05:01

Hey! Momoko is a character who either dies off real fast or if she gets in close can wipe out 1-2 characters....

Syo just dies!

About Athena, I guess people finally realised how to use her standCD and fwdB....standCD is fast enough retal against a blocked layspin/ralf dpC hoho, and she actually has quite high priority in the air

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Wed Apr 19, 2006 06:15

In regards to Kim: Apart from KGO and Eiji aka the 4 Heavenly Kings, he is one character that is quite popular in SBO tournaments.

So this suggested that this tier list is not cooked up by some random magazine or deluded forum poster.

I read some posts some way back that Kim and Malin are the *Gato 2 and Gato 3 respectively.* In "recognition" of their *one style fight/beat all styles.* XD

4 Heavenly Kings are taken out of discussion and comparisons apparently... and the below excerpt is the analysis(very good imo) between the 2 A tiers.

コンボ力   京≦キム 0:1
スタン値    京=キム 0:1
崩し    京>キム 1:1
手数    京>キム 2:1
QS要素   京≧キム 3:1
切り返し  京≦キム 3:2
対空    京≦キム 3: 3
GP     京>キム 4: 3
ゲージ依存  京=キム 4: 3
ガークラ値   京<キム 4:4
有利キャラ数  京≦キム 4:5
リーダー    京<キム 4:6

Translated.

Combo ability; stun value; guard break/offense; methods/patterns; QS ability; Counter Attack; Anti air; guard point; reliance on power gauge; guard crush potential; Number of characters this character has an advantage over; when selected as leader.

Personally, I think Kim stuns better than Kyo.

*EDIT by PS*:
Might have given Empyrian the wrong impression when he asked for help translating it online, but the "amount of counter characters" category he stated earlier is actually "Number of characters this character has an advantage over", i.e. say Kim is strong against, for whatever reason, Iori, then Kim is considered to have an advantage over Kyo. I edited this post to reflect that.

Also, for those that don't read either Chinese or Japanese, the left column is Kyo, and the right column is Kim, and the ratio on the extreme right is the running tally of categories won by each character. That is to say, Kim is regarded, in this list, as having greater than or equal combo ability than Kyo, hence the tally reads 0:1.

*Edit again* Bloody hell. Why are the characters colon 3 shorthand for the hamster dance? :P

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:52

imo terry is a lot closer to gato than Kim, in fact Terry beats Gato in the air AND ground, if it wasn't for the QS-bility and the insanely fast sweep I think Terry would be used almost as widely...

Kim is just easy jumpC spamming, and he isn't very QS-versatile either (QS his qcbA/Cs tend to whiff a lot because of the low stun frames

Malin is...ok @_@

Slapper Joe
More power! ...69%
More power! ...69%

Post by Slapper Joe » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:13

Wowzorilla, who'd K' sleep with to get that high? As posted months ago I still have no clue on Kim, I see lots of 'stuff thats safe against a lot of the cast' but not much more. But excluding that I can't really argue with the other people (or their positions) in S,A&B. Below that is a mess though. I suppose Iori isn't as good as those listed in the top three tiers, as much as it pains me to say it.

You can't put Elizabeth and Kensou/DL in the same tier though. Wonder how long before the Japanese discover the power of Silber. Wonder what douche decided Syo was worse than Momoko, Whip & Athena.

Benimaru = Adel is a joke too. Thought it was commonly accepted he was the worst boss, not the best.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 14:13

I think Adel is the best boss actually, all his normals basically beat everything because of their speed, his BnB stuns fast too...worst would probably be Jazu or Sho

Iori is limited in dmg and QS but his basic moves still rock, he can go shoto defence OR pound on you pretty well as a rushdown character (when put 1st)

Liz rushdown is actually pretty annoying too, especially when she gets close and starts mixing her high jumpBs which crossup insanely well, with the added threat of eating a "Ha" if you move....and that fwdA is a very good defensive move @_@

Kensou is a huge pain in the ass either defending or attacking against

K' is hard to use, but when used well he's really difficult to crack. I believe he is sleeping with Kula. Or Whip. Probably both (Maxima gets no one)

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Wed Apr 19, 2006 17:16

Well, it's no surprise Sho's bottomfeeding. His damage is only so-so, he doesn't have much in terms of mind games or combo variety, nothing useful to QS to, and takes tons of damage.

I'm kinda surprised Adel ranked pretty decently in the tier lists. He's OK for damage and all, but he takes the most damage in the game, and doesn't really have much in terms of mixups.

Then again, Ash is B tier alongside K', so what do I know?

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 18:04

Adel's hopB, godpress mixups with lowB into easy 40% off your stun meter and 30% off your health is all the mindgames he needs.

If he goes first, get ready to block a lot of jumpB,StandC(2hits), backB(3hits), qcfB

If he's leader, get ready to block even more cos the minute you do something, its oni-sama time (incest incest).

Even if he's not leader, jumps are pretty much sealed against him if he has a stock.

He is soooo easy to QS into and out of combos

Having a 0-frame recovery dwnD doesnt hurt either.

Uhh...so why is Adel supposed to suck again ?_?

About Silber...he's strong but basically too limited, throws pretty much snuff his counters (as do low attacks), it's also pretty much safe to pound him on wakeup since the only real threat he has is his qcfx2 B DM which you can actually land and block before it hits you even if you jumped in...his normal d,u B/D and b,f B/D have terrible priority when launching.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Wed Apr 19, 2006 18:20

Why is yuri/ryo/gai ranked so low ?_?

A good Gai gives more fits than Ash/Jenny , hell his only weakness is a lack of an anti air....

IMO Ralf > Clark unless clark is leader...you can basically do the same mind games with Ralf...with the added option of dwnC/standCs from mid range...

King D tier????? Mary LOW D-tier????? Im not even going to get started on that...

Obviously those japs should stop writing their tier lists in the middle of watching Suzumiya Haruhi

Anti-K'
MOAR
A.K.A.:Turned ON
Currently Playing:Persona 4, Melty Blood Actress Again, BlazBlue

Post by Anti-K' » Wed Apr 19, 2006 19:11

Momoko sucks that much? It's her first game and she's already down to E Rank.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Thu Apr 20, 2006 01:17

well, again, there's bound to be discrepancies between people about tier lists, and this is no different. I'm sure the people who have compiled this list have their good reasons for placing characters in certain positions (who knows, maybe they found some broken shit with adel when rose is called out? :P ).

although i'm not 100% certain on the exact positions on these characters, they've at least got the basic idea down.....

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Apr 20, 2006 05:15

Yay! All heil his mod-ness PS for taking time out of being anal-raped by CS homework to translate the Nipponese for ush!

*thinks of something so that his post is on-topic*

Well Momoko being placed so low isn't so much a reflection of her being OMG CONSPERM DIE, just that the odds are against you when you use her.

Unless you're using her against characters who counter her, like DL... though in that case, tag out. Its a team game.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Thu Apr 20, 2006 17:39

J]-[UN wrote:Why is yuri/ryo/gai ranked so low ?_?

A good Gai gives more fits than Ash/Jenny , hell his only weakness is a lack of an anti air....

IMO Ralf > Clark unless clark is leader...you can basically do the same mind games with Ralf...with the added option of dwnC/standCs from mid range...

King D tier????? Mary LOW D-tier????? Im not even going to get started on that...

Obviously those japs should stop writing their tier lists in the middle of watching Suzumiya Haruhi
Using the exact criteria used to compare Kyo with Kim, one can see that Gai/Yuri/Ryo belongs where they are.

Gai may be good but it does seem that he is hard to use and learn.
Clark beats Ralf anyday. One word. Priority.

Perhaps the tier list is screwy on TRC(time released characters) due to SBO disallowing their use during tournament matches.