:salute:

Musolini
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
PSN:Musolini187

Re: Patch ver 1.02 is OUT

Post by Musolini » Sun Feb 12, 2012 08:08

online is still bs btw, on wake up when being jumped in you cant even react from a high block into a low on reaction because of lag. you actually have to do it just before the opponent lands, this on 4 bar connections. also online is still a fb spamfest which a ctually works because of the lag. huge gameplay difference between tactics that work online and tactics meant for offline. this basically transforms the game in 2 different games, thats how big the difference between online and offline is. wake ups feel extra retarded, and most online players abusing lag tactics like hell. game isn't really worth playing online unless we actually get a patch that fixes the bs netcode. first day of patch it didn't even seem that bad, was i ever wrong. this game online is asss

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Mature » Sat Feb 18, 2012 03:33

quick update : I just had a few matches with MKSWOLF we shared BLUE bars and it went like heaven!! O_O!!! there was no lag or delay or anything. it went god like! this was my first blue bar match without a single issue!

wow

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Sat Feb 18, 2012 15:19

2am, but of course. Virgin Net traffic slows down after midnight. Netcode gets better "naturally".

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Mature » Sat Feb 18, 2012 20:39

Gunsmith wrote:2am, but of course. Virgin Net traffic slows down after midnight. Netcode gets better "naturally".
so this explains that is not down to the patch anymore or the gams netcode but to their IPS.

:D

Desmond Delaghetto
Is it a bot?
PSN:DesmonDelaghetto

Post by Desmond Delaghetto » Sun Feb 19, 2012 05:11

It's so freaking dead online, sometimes I can wait in training mode and forget that I was waiting for someone to join. It's kind of a shame because I do feel you can have some pretty playable and decent connections with some players...its just that no one is playing.

Also, I'm not sure if its my ps3 or router or something, but I have so much trouble sometimes connecting to other players rooms. My ports are forwarded and everything, even connecting to those I have without a problem in the past, sometimes I just get "lost connection to room". Then the problem gets fixed if I turn my ps3 off and back on again and log back into PSN. I've checked my router, everything seems fine...?

So overall, I feel that people kinda gave up online on PSN...maybe there is a way we can try to get more people playing?

Mature
Charging...69%
Charging...69%

Post by Mature » Sun Feb 19, 2012 13:18

one of the reasons that is "dead" on PS3 is because since they add the option of chosing bar matches, people has decided to find only green and blue bar which for some of us is impossible to reach.

Iwill suggest to always use yellow bars coz it plays as green.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Sun Feb 19, 2012 17:26

Mature wrote:Iwill suggest to always use yellow bars coz it plays as green.
It really doesn't. Iie-Kyo in Hawaii and I have two bars against each other and it was pretty bad, even after the patch.

If anything the netcode has become more inconsistent since the patch, with weird lag spikes in mid-match even when I'm playing people with 4 bars.

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Sun Feb 19, 2012 21:58

Desmond Delaghetto wrote: So overall, I feel that people kinda gave up online on PSN...maybe there is a way we can try to get more people playing?
1. Play Ranked Match - there's still people there
2. Create Rooms
3. http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=3518" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Ppl need to announce when they will be online. Most of us are lazy and just want to hop online for a few games, but it's now down the hardcore to keep the community alive. Tweet it, facebook it, any way possible.

A lot of the casual crowd have dropped KOF, that's to be expected. The others are out there, but need to find people online nearby, they need to KNOW that people are still playing, otherwise they'll stay offline. How did the DC online event go?

Desmond Delaghetto
Is it a bot?

Post by Desmond Delaghetto » Mon Feb 20, 2012 09:48

Gunsmith wrote:
Desmond Delaghetto wrote: So overall, I feel that people kinda gave up online on PSN...maybe there is a way we can try to get more people playing?
1. Play Ranked Match - there's still people there
2. Create Rooms
3. http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=3518" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Ppl need to announce when they will be online. Most of us are lazy and just want to hop online for a few games, but it's now down the hardcore to keep the community alive. Tweet it, facebook it, any way possible.
For me personally, maybe it's the time I try to go online (morning, afternoon, and night, lol), I can't find anyone in ranked, the lobbies are either empty are full of red connections for me (maybe players of other continents), or no one joins the ones I create (even setting the condition at yellow). The only way I can get games in with people that I have good connections with are on my friends list that I have ran across a month or two before.
Gunsmith wrote: A lot of the casual crowd have dropped KOF, that's to be expected. The others are out there, but need to find people online nearby, they need to KNOW that people are still playing, otherwise they'll stay offline. How did the DC online event go?
Honestly, the DC event did not go well because the time frame was really loose (started at noon, and I said all day), so that was my mistake. I have better success with a more tighter and stricter times. Before when I did the FT10 series for KOF02/98 for GGPO I started things usually at 3pm or 5pm until people got tired of playing.

We may start some online gatherings on Saturdays, then if the reception is nice for those, we might turn them into FT10 sessions if people want them. If you want man, we can try to collaborate on some kind of event where we are hosting for our own regions together on the same day (but obviously on different times)?

Gunsmith
Posts too much

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Feb 20, 2012 16:55

Faith in netcode is very shaky, so doing events where people can't even see each other is kinda tough.

Perhaps a meeting in the DC chatroom at the same time would be a good idea?

If you're regularly online, post about it.

It's perhaps ironic that people are now busy watching streams when they could be playing... but which is better for kof?

Desmond Delaghetto
Is it a bot?

Post by Desmond Delaghetto » Mon Feb 20, 2012 20:52

Gunsmith wrote:Faith in netcode is very shaky, so doing events where people can't even see each other is kinda tough.

Perhaps a meeting in the DC chatroom at the same time would be a good idea?

If you're regularly online, post about it.

It's perhaps ironic that people are now busy watching streams when they could be playing... but which is better for kof?
Yea, we can probably meet in the DC chatroom, and there is also the facebook kof tournament players group which has a chat too, so we can probably coordinate in both.

But I agree the shaky netcode has probably turned ppl away where as they don't care to play online and would rather watch streams...