SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
Re: KOF XIII: EX Kyo

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 04:10

Did some minor testing and QCF+A seems like maybe -3 frames on block? Should be pretty safe if you space it correctly, unless your opponent is Kyo and is great at reversal EX Orochinagis.

Also the combo videos show that you can DC the OTG finisher of the EX Dokugami -> Aragami chain into QCF+D,D. Big damage!

a11111357
Charging...23%
Charging...23%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Re: KOF XIII General Discussion/Rant Thread

Post by a11111357 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 07:39

Naraku Otoshi *5

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Re: KOF XIII General Discussion/Rant Thread

Post by Iie-Kyo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 13:42

a11111357 wrote:Naraku Otoshi *5

Good god, the 182 Shiki is so fast you recover in time to do ANOTHER air d + C? Geez.

Foxhole
DESU!
A.K.A.:Himono Onna/Easy Prey
Currently Playing:with Atenolol.
PSN:ELT-Jurippe

Post by Foxhole » Wed Jan 11, 2012 19:29

I wonder if the hitboxes on his air moves are different than normal Kyo, for some reason I find myself getting stuffed a lot more often when I'm going air to ground with Nests Kyo than Kyo. Maybe it's just lag, anyone have experience?

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Wed Jan 11, 2012 21:15

Prof pointed this out to me just yesterday - yes the hitboxes are different.

Added Breakdown by Sparkster to first post

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:56

Hit boxes def feel different. I can link cB, sC better with him the normal kyo and his jdown+C seems easier too.

Foxhole
DESU!

Post by Foxhole » Thu Jan 12, 2012 17:09

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Hit boxes def feel different. I can link cB, sC better with him the normal kyo and his jdown+C seems easier too.
For EX the link is almost at a chain speed, you're probably just used to Kyo.

My problem is I'm still pressing buttons like it's KOF anything other than XIII.

Iie-Kyo
Almost there! ...52%
Almost there! ...52%
A.K.A.:OG KOF Player
Currently Playing:Turn this currently playing sth off plz.

Post by Iie-Kyo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 03:05

I think the easier link has less to do with hitboxes and more to do with the fact that his close C is faster.

His air d + C has fewer active frames than normal Kyo's. If you watched the KCE Crazy Encyclopedia vid, I believe Dune was advising to hit with the air d + C as late as possible for the crossup because the move has fewer active hitbox frames than normal Kyo's d+ C. Less derpy. If you've played 02 Kyo, you're used to this because it was gimped like that in 2k2 too.

A few nuances to add:
* If your std C, df + D is blocked, the second hit of the df + D WILL MISS. This will leave you high and dry to get hit by a retaliatory attack.
* EX Kyo's std A HITS MID. If you've played Balrog in Super SF4, you'll know why this is huge. I know Sparkster sort of mentioned this in his breakdown, but I don't think he said it hits mid. This allows EX Kyo to walk forward and basically advance with the std A as sort of a frametrap to keep your opponent honest. It doesn't have crazy range but it adds to EX Kyo's repertoire of good neutral moves. While normal Kyo plays a really crazy combo fishing game to make you get hit by his Mexican juggles, EX Kyo is all about poking you and making you lower your guard by hitting you with nicely spaced Aragamis, RED kicks, frametraps, etc. Basically, he more or less plays like his 98/2k2 counterpart but with way better tools. His std A slowly lets you advance and push the opponent into the corner because you can use that to frametrap/link into his other stuff.

What makes std A better to use is that it doesn't have that stupid "overlap" with his overhead. KOF 13's dumb buffering system makes my f + B come out even after I let go of the stick/pad and put it into neutral and hit B - I have to wait a couple frames later for the buffer to "wear off" so that I can use B to advance. Not so with EX Kyo's std A.
Last edited by Iie-Kyo on Sat Jan 14, 2012 06:13, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:03

I said that because it feels slightly bigger and can be done at slightly further too. Faster may also be apart of it too.

Foxhole
DESU!

Post by Foxhole » Fri Jan 13, 2012 17:16

Iie-Kyo wrote:I think the easier link has less to do with hitboxes and more to do with the fact that his close C is faster.

His air d + C has fewer active frames than normal Kyo's. If you watched the KCE Crazy Encyclopedia vid, I believe Dune was advising to hit with the air d + C as late as possible for the crossup because the move has fewer active hitbox frames than normal Kyo's d+ C. Less derpy. If you've played 02 Kyo, you're used to this because it was gimped like that in 2k2 too.

A few nuances to add:
* If your std C, df + D is blocked, the second hit of the df + D WILL MISS. This will leave you high and dry to get hit by a retaliatory attack.
* EX Kyo's std A HITS MID. If you've played Balrog in Super SF4, you'll know why this is huge. I know Sparkster sort of mentioned this in his breakdown, but I don't think he said it hits mid. This allows EX Kyo to walk forward and basically advance with the std A as sort of a frametrap to keep your opponent honest. It doesn't have crazy range but it adds to EX Kyo's repertoire of good neutral moves. While normal Kyo plays a really crazy combo fishing game to make you get hit by his Mexican juggles, EX Kyo is all about poking you and making you lower your guard by hitting you with nicely spaced Aragamis, RED kicks, frametraps, etc. Basically, he more or less plays like his 98/2k2 counterpart but with way better tools. His std A slowly lets you advance and push the opponent into the corner because you can use that to frametrap/link into his other stuff.

What makes std A better to use is that it doesn't have that stupid "overlap" with his overhead. KOF 13's dumb buffering system makes my f + A come out even after I let go of the stick/pad and put it into neutral and hit B - I have to wait a couple frames later for the buffer to "wear off" so that I can use B to advance. Not so with EX Kyo's std A.
Good to know, I was missing Kyo's old stand B, not that it was godly before but at least it was a decent tool. So stand A it is.

Also, I apologize for making you type all that out. When I say hitboxes I also am thinking active frames/priority as well. I'm just not really used to typing out fighting game lexicon.

Toxic Avanger
Maxed Out?!
A.K.A.:Robot de Vapor
Currently Playing:KoF XIII
TTT2
Dragon's Crown
SNK PS2 NeoGeo Collections
PSN:Toxic-Baron

Post by Toxic Avanger » Thu Jan 26, 2012 17:43

Kain
Charging...50%
Charging...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:Ocelotzin
PSN:Ashlar_Kain

Post by Kain » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:45

Iie-Kyo wrote:While normal Kyo plays a really crazy combo fishing game to make you get hit by his Mexican juggles
LOL, WTF is a Mexican juggle?

keech
Charging...63%
Charging...63%
A.K.A.:KoFXIII wiki
Currently Playing:KoFXIII,
XBL:xXxKeechxXx

Post by keech » Sun Jan 29, 2012 15:58

Someone please write blockstrings EX Kyo

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Sun Jan 29, 2012 23:07

Kain wrote:
Iie-Kyo wrote:While normal Kyo plays a really crazy combo fishing game to make you get hit by his Mexican juggles
LOL, WTF is a Mexican juggle?

Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%

Post by Max » Mon Feb 20, 2012 20:33

Sorry for the double post.

I've noticed that EX Kyo's qcf qcf .P DM doesn't guard crush like in every other single instalment.

Does this make him more vulnerable, or something?