KOF XIII: EX Iori

ASH ASH ASH BORKEN
Max
More power! ...18%
More power! ...18%
KOF XIII: EX Iori

Post by Max » Sat Jul 30, 2011 00:12

DLC, as we all already know.

According to Atlus's site, he's not 98 Iori as everyone suspected, but NESTS Iori.

Why is this? He has: the Yamisogi from 2k, the Saika follow-up from 2k1, and his Neo Max is (un)surprisingly his Max2 from 2k2 (with a simplified motion).

The .gif s from the site show that his Aoi Hana moves awkwardly and that his looped stance was a mistake from the Japanese site.

What can we expect? Is he going to be worth the extra buck?

Full movelist according to Atlus:
Yamibarai qcf + .P
Oniyaki DP + .C
Aoi Hana QCB + .P QCB + .P QCB + .P
Kototsuki In HCB + .K
Kuzukaze HCBFWD + .P

Yaotome QCFHCB + .P -> (Saika qcf qcf qcf qcf + .A .C )
Yamisogi qcf qcf + .P
Homurahotogi QCBHCF + .A .C
Movelist Vid
Combo Video by Lost Feather/ KOF Union
Combo Videos by Persona

Anti-K'
Neomaxxing
Currently Playing:JoJo All Star Battle, Vampire Savior
PSN:Anti-KDash

Re: KOF XIII: EX Iori

Post by Anti-K' » Sat Jul 30, 2011 04:12

Looks like the return of the "rotate arcade stick counter-clockwise like crazy till Saika comes out" shortcut. What's so hard about 4 QCFs?

kadosho
More power! ...25%
More power! ...25%
A.K.A.:Turned ON
XBL:kadosho
PSN:kadosho

Post by kadosho » Sat Jul 30, 2011 07:17

I wonder if this was from the backlash Falcoon was getting from 2k2. But having a Nests clone of Iori, this should be interesting.
So is it Berserk Iori? But a remix of old and new, still gives me the chills just reading about this.

The Master
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:For Great JUSTICE!
Currently Playing:KOF 13, Tekken 6
XBL:Vlad Draulea
PSN:NYCYakuzaKyo

Post by The Master » Mon Aug 01, 2011 15:11

Anti-K' wrote:Looks like the return of the "rotate arcade stick counter-clockwise like crazy till Saika comes out" shortcut. What's so hard about 4 QCFs?

remember, it was old hardware. it's possible for older hardware to drop inputs.(it happened all the time, lol)

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Mon Aug 01, 2011 15:48

kadosho wrote:I wonder if this was from the backlash Falcoon was getting from 2k2. But having a Nests clone of Iori, this should be interesting.
So is it Berserk Iori? But a remix of old and new, still gives me the chills just reading about this.
WTF? Where did it say it's a Nests clone of Iori? There's no clones of Iori.

As Max said it's more like 2k Iori, but with the 2k2 HSDM.

Bob Freeman
I'm not a bot! :3
Currently Playing:Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Garou; Mark Of The Wolves
King Of Fighters XIII
Samurai Shodown
XBL:Bob Freemann
PSN:gibargo

Post by Bob Freeman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 17:19

asss To be honest i never really like the old iori look i prefer the new look and his new play
although it would be intresting to see what he's like he seems more brutal then the iori already in the game.

Bob Freeman
Currently Playing:Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Garou; Mark Of The Wolves
King Of Fighters XIII
Samurai Shodown
XBL:Bob Freemann
PSN:gibargo

Post by Bob Freeman » Sat Aug 13, 2011 02:58

in my opinion i think this is just a waste of a character slot for dlc

Torri
A.K.A.:Claws
PSN:Torri-

Post by Torri » Wed Aug 17, 2011 19:44

One step closer to the dream team...if he can be played in the same team as XIII Iori. Also, I am glad they kept in kuzukaze. One of my favorite traps on Iori. Honestly, I am just glad the game didn't see the rise of Kusanagi. Last thing I want are clones of Kyo. More Garou characters need to be added though.

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Thu Sep 08, 2011 15:34

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/ ... st_41.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The third screenshot in that blog post shows that
1) EX Iori has his f+A
2) His f+A is cancellable into special moves, unlike most recent KOFs

SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest

Post by SonicTempest » Fri Oct 07, 2011 20:29

More details from SNKP's most recent blog update:
- He can do dBx2, dA into Aoibana. I think this was possible in XI?
- He has his f+B in place of claw Iori's df+C. No word on whether it combos when you cancel into it, or if you can cancel out of it.
- He still has his close B, close C link.
- EX Yamibarai behaves like his old Ya Sakazuki/Eight Wine Cups DM and freezes the opponent in place.

Yuki Yagami
Wyler is my God!!!
A.K.A.:a "trader" and a "messenger"
Currently Playing:...with someone's mind...

Post by Yuki Yagami » Sat Oct 29, 2011 03:24

Judging in the video posted...

- EX Yaotome is the '95' + '99 SDM version (a version I predicted long ago)

Can anyone tell me the EX properties of his EX Aoihana demonstrated on the video?

dobiqwolf
Maxed Out! SDM time!
Maxed Out! SDM time!

Post by dobiqwolf » Sat Oct 29, 2011 19:35

Yuki Yagami wrote:Judging in the video posted...

- EX Yaotome is the '95' + '99 SDM version (a version I predicted long ago)

Can anyone tell me the EX properties of his EX Aoihana demonstrated on the video?
I think it lift the opponent higher so you dont need to drive cancel the follow up move

*~cristina~*
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:neko illusion

Post by *~cristina~* » Tue Nov 01, 2011 03:44

after messing with 98 iori in MCM, just going to share what i found & the comparation to the actual iori in 98 .

his old combo work fine in XIII and does high dmg output compare to the current XIII chara,
so if u have play any KOF before, he is a really easy chara to pick up .

btw~ compare to the old iori, he have a much longer recovery then before:

.rekka 1/2/3 hit, all have long recovery that can be punish easily by everyone.

. fireball ( will short hand as FB ) , has longer recover after it comes out, so make FB > dragon tactic don't work so well for him .

. hcb K have a long recovery when it WHIFF , not like the old game u can use it to quickily get close & seems like can be
punish, so compare to the current kyo's hcb K which does the same thing, iori's one is so bad that can't be thrown out randomly &
still be safe .

. also his cr D is al;ways punishable, but in XIII it just even more easier...

. suppisingly, his ex super ( yaotome ) hasn't got any invincibility, but it have a quick start up,
like 99, I guess is fair...

so if he actually stay exactly the same as the ver i played... he surely isn't over powered.

ALTHOUGH !!! he is not a piece of crap at all~ =)
he does have so many ways to get opp with big damage combo,
his ex move are pretty powerful too .

. his j4b is so good in this game, is not like that dunno how to tweet this move , but they make it like the best ver. -- 97 ver.
which u can actually hit opp while they in low profile , example: i do it against iori cr B and j4b actually hit the opp iori ,
if i do it low enough. ( UNLESS they make iori's cr b hit box much bigger then before , which i strongly doubt it ) ,
a basic , but big buff for him .

. ex FB , as the offical blog shown, when it hits , it does a long stun which u can follow a short jump combo,
but difference is , is not so easy to and it in a combo from ground , cos it has a long start up , which u CAN'T combo from
close C . U have to do DP > dc EX FB , but it is really easy to mess up the input become qcf*2 p , it is good , but so as great as what it sound.

.EX DP, possiblily the best DP in the game, it does a shoryu reppa animation & does a big dmg , which is just more then 20%
as a ex move which is really good, with the long animation, is so easy to hit confirm > drive cancel > more damage , which i will
explain more later .

.EX hcb K , same as kyo, it turn into a command grab, quick start up, but dmg just 1x% , not so great , but is a extra option.
use able , i guess...

. I am not so sure about EX command grab ( hcb,f P ) , so not going to make a lot of comment on it for now .

combo wise:

standard :

C / cr B,A >6A > rekka / super ( follow up super too ) works fine.

HD combo C> (6A) > C>6A > "qcbC > DP C 2 hit " * 3 > super (ex ) > neo max

DP ( ex ) > command grab > dash C > 6A > combo

C>DP C> EX FB > jump D > combo

all lead to decent dmg .

hope to use him soon again and do more testing .

cristina~

copy & paste from the same post form NE, thought more people will have more interest for the info that's all.

Dody
Charging...63%
Charging...63%

Post by Dody » Fri Nov 18, 2011 17:12

*~cristina~* wrote:after messing with 98 iori in MCM, just going to share what i found & the comparation to the actual iori in 98 .

his old combo work fine in XIII and does high dmg output compare to the current XIII chara,
so if u have play any KOF before, he is a really easy chara to pick up .

btw~ compare to the old iori, he have a much longer recovery then before:

.rekka 1/2/3 hit, all have long recovery that can be punish easily by everyone.

. fireball ( will short hand as FB ) , has longer recover after it comes out, so make FB > dragon tactic don't work so well for him .

. hcb K have a long recovery when it WHIFF , not like the old game u can use it to quickily get close & seems like can be
punish, so compare to the current kyo's hcb K which does the same thing, iori's one is so bad that can't be thrown out randomly &
still be safe .

. also his cr D is al;ways punishable, but in XIII it just even more easier...

. suppisingly, his ex super ( yaotome ) hasn't got any invincibility, but it have a quick start up,
like 99, I guess is fair...

so if he actually stay exactly the same as the ver i played... he surely isn't over powered.

ALTHOUGH !!! he is not a piece of crap at all~ =)
he does have so many ways to get opp with big damage combo,
his ex move are pretty powerful too .

. his j4b is so good in this game, is not like that dunno how to tweet this move , but they make it like the best ver. -- 97 ver.
which u can actually hit opp while they in low profile , example: i do it against iori cr B and j4b actually hit the opp iori ,
if i do it low enough. ( UNLESS they make iori's cr b hit box much bigger then before , which i strongly doubt it ) ,
a basic , but big buff for him .

. ex FB , as the offical blog shown, when it hits , it does a long stun which u can follow a short jump combo,
but difference is , is not so easy to and it in a combo from ground , cos it has a long start up , which u CAN'T combo from
close C . U have to do DP > dc EX FB , but it is really easy to mess up the input become qcf*2 p , it is good , but so as great as what it sound.

.EX DP, possiblily the best DP in the game, it does a shoryu reppa animation & does a big dmg , which is just more then 20%
as a ex move which is really good, with the long animation, is so easy to hit confirm > drive cancel > more damage , which i will
explain more later .

.EX hcb K , same as kyo, it turn into a command grab, quick start up, but dmg just 1x% , not so great , but is a extra option.
use able , i guess...

. I am not so sure about EX command grab ( hcb,f P ) , so not going to make a lot of comment on it for now .

combo wise:

standard :

C / cr B,A >6A > rekka / super ( follow up super too ) works fine.

HD combo C> (6A) > C>6A > "qcbC > DP C 2 hit " * 3 > super (ex ) > neo max

DP ( ex ) > command grab > dash C > 6A > combo

C>DP C> EX FB > jump D > combo

all lead to decent dmg .

hope to use him soon again and do more testing .

cristina~

copy & paste from the same post form NE, thought more people will have more interest for the info that's all.
Compared to the regular claw Iori, who's the better????

Or are they balanced each other???

*~cristina~*
Charging...15%
Charging...15%
A.K.A.:neko illusion

Post by *~cristina~* » Sat Nov 19, 2011 13:58

oh yea, i didn't update it in here ...

"
after playing a bit more 98 iori in wed, notice I made a mistake.

I thought ex hcb k is a command like kyo, cos it just hit when I use it in MCM,
but it is not, u can actually block it... but just seen the vid of what it is really for,
u can u it at OTG. Which extend the combo, so it doesn't serv a purpose then.

other then that, ex qcb P & ex scumgale both have invinsible start up.

Also, I tried the old oki with him. ( think it works before , since I never used him as a main before )

after qcf p *3 , u can do 6A+B / 66 A+B to do front ( 6A+B) or cross up ( 66A+B) mix up,
is hard to tell which side he is going, BUT! due to the recovery of the 3rd hit of qcb p ,
after the roll the opp can move before iori. So mashing out quick normal can beat this mix up. "

that is update the mistake that i have done on the above post.

Dody>

i am not sure if he is better then the craw iori for now... since i haven't touch console craw iori yet.

but as a feeling wise, since flame iori is pretty unsafe, so i think craw iori may be a tiny bit better , but not by far.