SonicTempest
Posts too much
A.K.A.:>8|
Currently Playing:Dark Souls II
XBL:SonicTempest84
PSN:SonicTempest
KOF XIII @ Tougeki 2010

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 07:26

So I was curious as to what Tougeki was going to do about the various, uh, discoveries in KOF XIII up to this point, and it looks like they've updated their rules.

http://www.tougeki.com/game_regulation?id=kofXIII" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone using the following bugs will be disqualified:
- Hwa Jai's floating bug caused by drive cancelling his EX Dragon Kick into Dragon Tail
- Vice's bug that causes the opponent to freeze when they counter her Splash (dp+P) with an attack
- Vice's bug that causes certain characters to freeze when she lands her Overkill DM grab on them as they're falling from a jump (the characters are Iori, Shen, Mature, Vice, Terry, Andy, Takuma, Ash, Mai and Maxima)

- If Ralf's bug that causes opponent characters to freeze in mid-air when they clash with his NeoMAX using a move with mid-air hit detection occurs, the Ralf player must knock the opponent out of hitstun using a light attack ASAP and play will continue.

I didn't even know about the last two bugs...

And it looks like they're letting Mature's infinite through?

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Re: KOF XIII @ Tougeki 2010

Post by fiol » Mon Aug 02, 2010 08:47

yesterday was the first qualification day in japan...and there is no video :( just the players who got qualified:
http://www.tougeki.com/main_player?id=kofXIII" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and i'm shocked by SNK behavior in regards of the bugs..the game has been out since last month and they didnt even make a simple patch?! neither for the tougeki version?! it's unbelievable..

r3v3n4nT
Cancel Combo Mode
A.K.A.:YOUR DAD.
Currently Playing:YOUR ASS.

Post by r3v3n4nT » Mon Aug 02, 2010 09:06

fiol wrote:the game has been out since last month and they didnt even make a simple patch?! neither for the tougeki version?! it's unbelievable..
You make it sound so easy, simple patch, ha.

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 09:08

r3v3n4nT wrote:
fiol wrote:the game has been out since last month and they didnt even make a simple patch?! neither for the tougeki version?! it's unbelievable..
Well the Type-X2 lets you apply patches to games through USB keys, but I suppose they want to hold off on making any changes to the game mechanics until SBO is over, since qualifiers have already started.

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by fiol » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04

r3v3n4nT wrote:
i suppose is not that easy but after 1 month sth could have been done...at least for glitches as vice's

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:08

A bit harsh for vice users since it not their fault if her bug happens

Perfect Stranger
MAX! Time to break stock!
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:36

Ralf's bug is not a DQ actually, rules say that the Ralf player must immediately hit opponent out with a weak attack, and play continues from there.

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 14:04

I just find it amusing that Kotaku only mentioned the following things about XIII:

- Mai is in, boobs are awesome
- KOF XIII is buggy as hell wahhhhhhhh

How often are we seeing these bugs? I haven't seen them done except the Vice freeze bug when we had a loketest in HK. It'll be fixed soon, maybe after Tougeki, but I don't think it's a huge concern.

And yeah, the Vice freeze bug causing a disqualification is a little overboard (not the Vice user's fault). We probably won't be seeing many Vice players as a result of this.

fiol
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by fiol » Mon Aug 02, 2010 16:46

http://www.tougeki.com/prelim?id=5582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

only 8 entries on the first day :o
i'm curious to see the daimon player though!

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 19:04

Perfect Stranger wrote:Ralf's bug is not a DQ actually, rules say that the Ralf player must immediately hit opponent out with a weak attack, and play continues from there.
Doh you're right. Fixed.

Also, that Kotaku thread makes me want to punch something in the face. Preferably the morons participating in it.

Gunsmith
Posts too much
A.K.A.:<3 dead French characters
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Ni No Kuni, Yatagarasu, P4A
XBL:Orochi Gunsmith
PSN:Gunsmith-ON

Post by Gunsmith » Mon Aug 02, 2010 23:14

I try not to read Kotaku threads, unless it's to watch people throw stones at something.

The vice and hwa bugs are appalling because they will affect how these characters are played- they should be patched right now (even if it's just the tourney machines!), it's damaging to SNKP - and as the kotaku thread proves - the general public only need one negative to start hating.

Dark_Chaotix
MOAR
A.K.A.:The Devil Of Orochinagi
Currently Playing:KoF XIII, KoF 98umfe, KoF 2k2um, Bloodborne

Post by Dark_Chaotix » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:49

I agree, start patching it up while there isnt alot of machine out and outside asia. The longer the wait the worse off.

Fuu
hunted by pedo police
Currently Playing:by ear
PSN:OswaldK9o

Post by Fuu » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:07

amazing how even when things turn out really well, pain and suffering is always part of the SNKP experience.

Then again the fact that the game was admitted at Tougeki in this condition means that the game is well liked... Let's hope for the best.

Perfect Stranger
Currently Playing:Hide and seek with cops

Post by Perfect Stranger » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:17

Fuu wrote:
Then again the fact that the game was admitted at Tougeki in this condition means that the game is well liked... Let's hope for the best.

Nothing to do with the quality of the game I'm afraid... Tougeki almost always lets the new KOF release every year be one of its featured games. Same was true of KOF XII and we all know what a thinly veiled beta of a game that was. As to why: it's probably because SNKP advertises heavily in Enterbrain/Arcadia?

SonicTempest
Posts too much

Post by SonicTempest » Wed Aug 04, 2010 16:27

Actually KOFXII was never at Tougeki - last year it came out too late to be featured and this year it got ignored in favor of 2002UM.

That said I'm pretty sure XIII being at Tougeki is a sponsorship thing more than a popularity thing since it came out way after the regional qualifiers started, much like the new version of Melty Blood. That's why they're both Category C games and not main events.