[UM] Terry

Was it all just Shingo's dream?
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35
[UM] Terry

Post by PenPen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 16:19

I KNEW I was missing someone. :|

Okay, there's really nothing much changed here. Increased range of Power Charge (hcf+K) and seemingly faster recovery for Burn Knuckle. Also it's reported that his Crack Shoot has reduced range but I don't see that yet.

From what I tried his crazy autoguard in C Rising Taco has been reduced.

Have a Q.Max combo while we're at it.
hcf+K -> ABC -> POWAH GEYSER

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Apr 18, 2008 17:45

Okay, either I suck, or I was too confused after being crossed up 263236 times by Ioris, I can't get stand C> f+A to combo into power charge anymore, whether using 1 or 2 hits of the s.C. f+A simply pushes them too far back.

So I'm guessing you need to do stand C> power charge now, or stand C/D> df+C> Power Charge.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 07:59

Hmm, I remember back in 98 it was standing C (2hits) > f+A (2hits) > Power Charge > Rising Tackle. So now you get what's essentially a Super Cancel? Sweet!

PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Sun May 04, 2008 18:51

Tis weird, the GEEZER doesn't seem to connect when I tried Q.Maxing it. Maybe it's timing issues.

But close C -> f+A -> hcf+K works, I tried that numerous times already. If on block I doubt that it connects however, the POWAH CHARRGE either misses the opponent (B version) or is so slow that the opponent can react already (D version).

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by frionel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 17:40

His max power geyser always hits 3 times in the corner now.

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sat Jul 05, 2008 06:56

No problems with his old bnb combo , and in fact his dfC now does like no push back which is great combowise, theres no reason why anyone would want to use fwdA now with dfC being so good.

Btw is there actually any use for 94 Terry's dpA/C (round wave)? Terribly laggy, qmax doesn't help at all, horrible anti-air, too slow to use as a zoning poke (eg angel's qcbA) ~_~ Or is it another worthless move like kasumi's footstomp?

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 07:02

J]-[UN wrote:No problems with his old bnb combo , and in fact his dfC now does like no push back which is great combowise, theres no reason why anyone would want to use fwdA now with dfC being so good.

Btw is there actually any use for 94 Terry's dpA/C (round wave)? Terribly laggy, qmax doesn't help at all, horrible anti-air, too slow to use as a zoning poke (eg angel's qcbA) ~_~ Or is it another worthless move like kasumi's footstomp?
At least you can combo into Kasumi's yell... but yeah, the Round Wave seems pretty worthless here.

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 01:45

I use it the same way than RBS, as a meaty move on the wake up game. Since you can cancel it, you can keep your pressing with it.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 04:57

Yeah, but if you cancel the Round Wave into itself, Terry will get pushed back. Oh well, I suppose the only saving grace is that if you hit, you can pretty much follow with any other special or the Power Geyser if it hits.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 05:00

PenPen wrote:Tis weird, the GEEZER doesn't seem to connect when I tried Q.Maxing it. Maybe it's timing issues.

But close C -> f+A -> hcf+K works, I tried that numerous times already. If on block I doubt that it connects however, the POWAH CHARRGE either misses the opponent (B version) or is so slow that the opponent can react already (D version).
Yeah, I can't get the damned Geyser to hit after Quick Maxing the Power Charge either. Maybe you're supposed to use the D version? And the timing to Q. Max the D version is different, and I for one can't seem to get it right either.

As for EX Terry, I still suck at following up his Fire Kick, with or without a Quick Max. :(

J]-[UN
More power! ...6%
More power! ...6%

Post by J]-[UN » Sun Jul 06, 2008 07:08

Its probably just timing issues, I have no problems connecting Qmax power charge B/D into geyser , links in corner as well. SDM doesn't link though (unlike Saishu where the first hit of the SDM hits).

frionel
Powering up...50%
Powering up...50%

Post by frionel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 17:41

The SDM do link, I manage to have two hits (first and last geyser).