Shen (XI)

Strats, combos, technical discussion.
PenPen
MOAR
A.K.A.:Manipulating editor
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders
PSN:penpen35

Post by PenPen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 14:15

7d3j wrote:HOLY.

You got ALL that down after playing how many games?
Not many games actually. I'm still grasping on how to use him correctly.

It seems that f+B can link after close C/D with no problems unlike 2k3 where you may miss.

PenPen
MOAR
Currently Playing:KOF XIII, Initial D: v6, Football Manager 2011, Dungeon Defenders

Post by PenPen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 15:09

Found out that SHEN WOO BITCHSLAP is hcb+C today.

Never got it to connect though.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Fri Oct 28, 2005 20:59

Headbutt lost a lot of invulnerability. Its strangely inconsistent with what it can beat on wake up now. Against Kyo, I managed to beat his stand C on wake up 3 out of 3 times. Against Ryo, it traded 2/3 of the time, and hit 1/3. I think it also loses cleanly to sweeps on wakeup.

Headbutt still combos after d.B>d.A for good damage tho.

f+B is a lot faster than it was in 2k3 when done on its own. I don't think its an overhead anymore tho.

qcb+A, I believe is an overhead now.

On the bright side, his jump D is still ridiculously good as air to ground.

InFeCt|oN
Charging...99%
Charging...99%

Post by InFeCt|oN » Fri Oct 28, 2005 23:28

Hop D, close C, f+B, qcf+P, Headbutt. Saw it in bugisu. Did way too much damage =p

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Sat Oct 29, 2005 14:55

Anyone found anything new with Shen Woo? He's supposed to have this new dash type move that works a little bit like 99 Shin Kyo's hcb+D (think that move but only with the second punch), I've seen it a few times but never managed to do it.

Anybody got any idea to do that so I can test it out?

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 14:20

I found something new, Shen's f+B has a followup by pressing C. When you press C he'll do this Yashiro hcf+C-like move which knocks the opponent down. I suppose that it's an overhead but I haven't tried. It links from his f+B.

Still finding out on how I can execute his sliding move.

Oh yeah, Shen Woo Bitchslap is only for deflecting fireballs. Lame.

Edit:

Sliding move (I dub it SHEN WOO SLIDE) is done by qcf+E (forward slide) and qcb+E (backward slide), and while you're SHEN WOO SLIDING you can press P to have him execute a gut punch. I'll try it out tomorrow and see the results.

Empyrian
Almost there! ...61%
Almost there! ...61%

Post by Empyrian » Fri Nov 25, 2005 05:14

Jump D, C, F+B, qcf C, SC to headbutt super DC to LDM, stand C, whatever.

Very expensive but... opponent goes :-( at the life and judgement.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Wed Nov 30, 2005 15:30

Found out some extra stuff.
Shen's far C has autoguard! The timing is right before he punches.
Also if you didn't know, shen's LDM can take a chunk off your life if you get hit by it. =P
Sometimes I just jump in against the CPU and do the LDM, it's invincible when he's doing all the pre SSJ stuff. Not sure about throws though. Might consider using it as an anti-air since the blast goes full screen vertically (or just very, very high).

Frederick
Mode Change!
Mode Change!

Post by Frederick » Wed Nov 30, 2005 20:10

hey penpen is the "shen woo" slide punch usable for combos?

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Dec 01, 2005 15:42

d.B is cancellable this year.

d.BX 2> Headbutt is a combo. But timing for the buffer is much tighter than d.B> d.A, which is easier than 2k3.

QCF+P is much safe this year. Works nicely as a poke that can be super cancelled after a hit is confirmed.

Edit:

Wrong. d.B isn't cancellable.

d.BX2> Headbutt is a LINK, not a buffer. My apologies.

Its one of Shen Woo's more important combos this year, IMO, since d.B has better range than d.A.
Last edited by AcidicEnema on Sat Jan 07, 2006 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Thu Dec 01, 2005 17:07

AcidicEnema wrote:Headbutt lost a lot of invulnerability. Its strangely inconsistent with what it can beat on wake up now. Against Kyo, I managed to beat his stand C on wake up 3 out of 3 times. Against Ryo, it traded 2/3 of the time, and hit 1/3. I think it also loses cleanly to sweeps on wakeup.
In 2k3, Shen's qcf,qcf+K DM did NOT have invincibility. It just came out really quick, Believe me, I did plenty of testing on this.

AcidicEnema
ON Elite Spammer
ON Elite Spammer

Post by AcidicEnema » Thu Dec 01, 2005 18:23

Tel wrote:
AcidicEnema wrote:Headbutt lost a lot of invulnerability. Its strangely inconsistent with what it can beat on wake up now. Against Kyo, I managed to beat his stand C on wake up 3 out of 3 times. Against Ryo, it traded 2/3 of the time, and hit 1/3. I think it also loses cleanly to sweeps on wakeup.
In 2k3, Shen's qcf,qcf+K DM did NOT have invincibility. It just came out really quick, Believe me, I did plenty of testing on this.
Okay.

My point is just this. In 2k3, if anybody was doing ANY attack at all in front of Shen Woo on wake up, a headbutt would *definately* blow through the attack and hit the opponent.

It doesn't work that way anymore. It still seems lightning fast tho. Punishes a lot of things that would be otherwise unpunishable.

On the otherhand, Headbutt seems to have gained range.

Tel
Higashi Hurricane
Higashi Hurricane

Post by Tel » Fri Dec 02, 2005 03:13

They probably dropped the move's priority a lot.

PenPen
MOAR

Post by PenPen » Fri Dec 02, 2005 17:23

Frederick wrote:hey penpen is the "shen woo" slide punch usable for combos?
No, I don't think so. At least I can't confirm it for you yet. THe slide isn't as fast as we'd like.
I almost never use the slide though, unless the opponent's knocked down and I use it sorta like 2k3's f+D where I hold the D button, roll in and do the bitchslap.

I think this year's SHEN WOO HEADBUTT has lost some priority and I don't even recommend BSing it like 2k3 as an anti-air. I've had this attack miss out on a lot of things, IIRC Kim was doing his close C and I did the headbutt at almost the same time - the headbutt misses and Kim's close C went through.

~!T.T!~
Almost there! ...9%
Almost there! ...9%
A.K.A.:Turned ON

Post by ~!T.T!~ » Tue Dec 06, 2005 13:31

hmmm, penpen, I found out the followup to forward B is actually forward C, not just C.....sorry to nitpick :P

but i agree on shen woo sliding. it's very much the same move as 2k3's forward D *hold*. i suppose you could setup the autocombo by doing stand c, forward B, qcf E, autocombo, etc. and maybe even mixup with crouching B, crouching A, headbutt :)

oh, and crouching b, crouching a, punch super works now in case no one's mentioned that already :)